BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

EDM

Question

Hey All..... :D

I'm in 12th and i'm supposed to have project in chemistry, and so i need help in chem.

You see, i've chosen vitamins (organic compounds) as my project, but i need experiments to test for vitamins, or to isolate them or something.....and i can't find anything online!!!!

Does anyone know any good vitamin experiment??? I will appreciate it if you could give a link or a video on testing for vitamins.....i could only find some small thing on vitamin c......i need to be able to test different foods.......please help!!!!

4 answers to this question

I think what might be useful is to look for the terminology used by chemists. In order to test for purity, chemists use assays. If you google 'vitamin assay' you get a lot of relevant hits. Hopefully, most should provide you with what you need for free.

i got one experiment on each, but i need one more atleast......i got extraction and comparison of weights of dna......

i need experiments where i can study dna......or genetic traits (not pedigree analysis alone...) :D

i dont mind 8th grade experiments.....it just has to be relevant to my project: for small experiments, i can combine them; no probs :D