BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

I know how there's UMM4 at MM, and Titanomachy here at BD. This is for those who still have time.

Rules, quoted from LM:

"After around 12-20 people sign up, everyone is asked to PM a number from 1 to the number that is half the number of players. Then all the people who chose a number that no-one else did, get to stay in the game and everyone else is out. The process is continued until we have one or a few winners, depending on how the game pans out. So the idea is to pick a number you think no-one else will… kind of like a reverse of Taliesin’s Common Answers quiz." The special thing about this one, is that you have TWO DAYS to reply with your number. Days end at 9pm EST (though i may extend it to midnight if i need to).

Any questions?

Sign-ups:

Host: Peace

1) Framm (Pre-confirmed)

2)

3)

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Now the question: how many people will also be picking 2 because they think only unreality will? ;)

what do you mean? If two people pick the same number, both are out (it's like Scattegories, if both people write the same thing for that line, neither get the point). Since I am picking 2, someone else will only pick 2 if they deliberately want to lose for some reason, because they have been forewarned that I will always pick 2

what do you mean? If two people pick the same number, both are out (it's like Scattegories, if both people write the same thing for that line, neither get the point). Since I am picking 2, someone else will only pick 2 if they deliberately want to lose for some reason, because they have been forewarned that I will always pick 2

I already picked 2 and I ain't changing. tongue.gif

No, highest number is out. So, if you're picking two for sure, someone else will think "Well, he's scared everyone else away, so no one else will pick two, so I will, and we'll be safe because other numbers will have at least two or more." And possibly, several people will have that logic, and you are all out. ..Though, I was relying on people realizing that and then NOT picking two, so.. Slick picked two.. and.. you did. Brb, changing numbers. :P

No, highest number is out. So, if you're picking two for sure, someone else will think "Well, he's scared everyone else away, so no one else will pick two, so I will, and we'll be safe because other numbers will have at least two or more." And possibly, several people will have that logic, and you are all out. ..Though, I was relying on people realizing that and then NOT picking two, so.. Slick picked two.. and.. you did. Brb, changing numbers. :P

I think Peace needs to possibly clarify the rules. The OP clearly states that only people choosing a number not chosen by anyone else will make it to the next round. But then later she states that the only people eliminated will be those choosing the number that got chosen the most.

@Peace - Can you clarify the rules (and as an aside, I think changing the rules from the OP is a good reason to start the actual game with a new thread. Everyone will read the OP to see the rules, not everyone will read each post in the signups to catch the rule changes. For that reason, I think starting a new thread with the final rules in the OP is the best way to go.)

I think i'll keep it to highest amount of #x goes.

all who say their # on here, i would still like you to send me a pm, just so i have it.

For inactivity: if you miss one, you get one, then if it gets to 2 in a row or overall, they're out (unless they say, ill be inactive for ___, and back at ___).

it will end at 9:30 pm EST.

1. Framm

2. kody

3. misskitten

4. starfreak

5. harvey45

6. phillip1882

7. Glycereine

8. actressgirl

9. Abhisk

10. plainglazed

11. unreality

12. DudleyDude - and thanks for the suggestion! ill try it!

13. Tralala!

14. Slick

15. EDM

16. Izzy

Sorry 6's - :(

PURPLE = inactivity once

GRAY = dead

INACTIVITY (changed mind)

~Will add in backups - if no backups, and inactivity for 2 cycles, then dead.

~a "dead" player can become a backup

1. Framm

2. kody

3. misskitten

4. starfreak

5. harvey45

6. phillip1882

7. Glycereine

8. AG

9. Abhisk

10. plainglazed

11. unreality

12. DudleyDude - and thanks for the suggestion! ill try it!

13. Tralala!

14. Slick

15. EDM

16. Izzy

Ending time - 9:30 pm EST (6hrs ahead of PDT). #s are sent to me by PM, even if you already told me your number on here...

# range: 1 - 7

Edited by peace*out

Ok, thanks peace. - hate to be a nag, but do we still have TWO DAYS to submit as per the OP? so 9:30 EST June 8?

:duh: totally forgot about that...yes...SORRY!!!! :P

you have two days...sorry to all who i marked as "inactives"...my fault!

***everyone's inactiveness starts over anew

and thanks - you're not being a nag at all! :D :D :D

ok. I forgot (but PG reminded me) that it was in fact *2* days to send in your number so it can accomidate mafias. Because of that, All reports of inactivity are gone (are starting over), and each round will now be two days.

If, after the first round, you sent in your PM, then you are set. The round ends tonight, June 8th, at 9:30 PM