BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

9 answers to this question

Maybe to help other people get ideas I realized that all except 5, 8, and 10 the number is the number of consonants in the word. i.e. one = 1 consonant, two = 2 consonants and etc. I dono if I am way off or if this will help so I decided to post it anyway and also so peace out can tell me if I am even close.

^ I figured it could be just a spelling mistake...

I don't think there's a mathematical pattern here, my guts tell me it's something to do with the way the numbers are written or drawn...

Edited by Anza Power

^ I figured it could be just a spelling mistake...

I don't think there's a mathematical pattern here, my guts tell me it's something to do with the way the numbers are written or drawn...

your gut may be right ;)

to troy and anza:

your answers are not right.

troy: good observation, but you're not close

The numbers correspond to the number of characters used to write the numbers in Roman Numerals. I (1), II (2), III (3), IV (2), V (1), VI (2), VII (3), VIII (4), IX (2), X (1). You carry on like this recursively.

Nice one Peace!

Edited by caggy

The numbers correspond to the number of characters used to write the numbers in Roman Numerals. I (1), II (2), III (3), IV (2), V (1), VI (2), VII (3), VIII (4), IX (2), X (1). You carry on like this recursively.

Nice one Peace!

yep!

welcome to the den!

Nice one Peace!

Aw man, I just figured it out and you beat me to it...

BTW peace*out how do you add the solved poll?

when adding a reply, use the full editor and go to "manage topic poll", above the space where you can write. click on that. there should be three boxes now. the first one will say optional. skip it. the second one is where you should write "solved". in the third one, write "by ____".