BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I dunno if I'm the only one but it happens alot that sometimes I post something in a riddle thread then after a few minutes or so get an idea for the answer or something then come back to post it but you can't edit your post and you'd have to post twice, one time it was 3 times, can you please extend the time limit for editing posts? at least in the new riddles forum so we can edit the posts to add info instead of double posting all the time...

7 answers to this question

Anza Power, I assume you are already aware of the editing limits. You might have seen it at registration of your account on BD, or when reading the Board Guidelines or even when you hit "Add Reply" button in any thread.

Remember that you can edit your own post within the next 10 minutes only.

My suggestion would be as written in the Board Guidelines

If you think your riddle might need extended editing, try composing it in Notepad first. Then copy/paste into your post. That way you'll still have a few minutes for a final change or two.

I am excited to hear further suggestions for improvement (as new threads in this forum section). There is still a lot that can be improved, however, the editing time will stay unchanged.

Thanks.

^ It's not about spelling mistakes and stuff, when answering a riddle sometimes you answer with your first thought and then after 15-20 minutes you get an idea and go back to the thread to answer with it but find that you can't edit your post and no one else had posted after you yet...

For the time being, I prefer 10 minutes so that there are no subsequent edits. They might change posts to which replies have already been made without having record how the original post looked like. More posts in a row from the same poster within 20-30 minutes is still better than replies to posts where wording is no more what was replied to.

BTW, you may find other useful tips in as well (like no external links) - they are, of course, linked to from Board Guidelines.

Anza, if you hang out in the Riddles forum long enough, you'll see that posting twice in a row (inside AND outside the edit limit) happens quite often. (Sometimes so does double-posting when you hit the 'Post' button more than once when it seems to be taking a while ...) Nothing to worry or be embarrassed about, honest! We know ideas come at different times & places. :)

BTW, you may find other useful tips in as well (like no external links) - they are, of course, linked to from Board Guidelines.

Oh, sorry about that, but those two links are totally on topic in this forum, seeing the type of logic in most riddles I think people would've loved those (especially The Calculator one) I've posted in "Other mind boggeling stuff on the web" forum a while ago and it disappeared, can you check why?

Oh, sorry about that, but those two links are totally on topic in this forum, seeing the type of logic in most riddles I think people would've loved those (especially The Calculator one) I've posted in "Other mind boggeling stuff on the web" forum a while ago and it disappeared, can you check why?

I have deleted it from the forum section since you started also another topic there that linked to your site (which was kept). One thread for one site is sufficient.

^ Ah I see, but those two link to two different sites, well they are the same server but they're both very different games:

http://anzapower.webs.com/TheCalculator/Intro.htm

http://anzapower.webs.com/SquarePuzzle.html

The first is a javascript riddle with many levels and the other is a small flash one with only 1 quick level...

If you'd look at the logic in which those riddles go by you'll see why I chose to post them here...:)