I run around wild but can do all my chores

From paper to paintings my extras in few

Am large when old and small when new

To take me home you have that choice

Your answer could be reason for me to rejoice

Being near me could make you queasy

So find 'who am I' its definitely easy

Solved by Clinton

A Goliath am I a descendent from old (Large and descendents of Mammoths)

I run around wild but can do all my chores (Elephants are domesticate to lift loads or perform in the circus)

From paper to paintings my extras in few (Dung used to make paper and ivory is used in miniature paintings)

Am large when old and small when new (Baby elephants are smaller  )

To take me home you have that choice

Your answer could be reason for me to rejoice (If you say no to ivory products the elephants would be happier)

Being near me could make you queasy (have you ever tried it  )

Considered that but tripped over the take me home part. Presumed the wrong answer! :duh:

Good riddle, thanks.

I had hope that the queasy part would help every one make the right choice

my first cut said 'if you say no it would be reason for me to rejoice'

but then decided to leave a little for interpretation :)

i'm glad you liked it .. means a lot to me :)

yes thanx rsn for the great riddle, i have to admit that although my first intuition last day was elephant, my reasoning today differed from yours:

A Goliath am I a descendent from old (Large and descendents of Mammoths)yes

I run around wild but can do all my chores -(Elephants are 'handy' with their trunks)

From paper to paintings my extras in few -(fasinating pictures to beautiful paintings on silk of Indian elephant scene)

Am large when old and small when new (Baby elephants are smaller  )check

To take me home you have that choice - (the expession 'elephant in the room' indicates that there is an obvious truth that people either don't see or want to discuss...or a secret perhaps...)

Your answer could be reason for me to rejoice -(to find the truth and 'get things out in the open' would make it obvious, a relief)

Being near me could make you queasy -(the truth or the obvious is not always easy to stomach, and yes the mass and power of an elephant probably would make me queasy!)

I think it just goes to show how multi-leveled your riddle was!!

yes thanx rsn for the great riddle, i have to admit that although my first intuition last day was elephant, my reasoning today differed from yours:

A Goliath am I a descendent from old (Large and descendents of Mammoths)yes

I run around wild but can do all my chores -(Elephants are 'handy' with their trunks)

From paper to paintings my extras in few -(fasinating pictures to beautiful paintings on silk of Indian elephant scene)

Am large when old and small when new (Baby elephants are smaller  )check

To take me home you have that choice - (the expession 'elephant in the room' indicates that there is an obvious truth that people either don't see or want to discuss...or a secret perhaps...)

Your answer could be reason for me to rejoice -(to find the truth and 'get things out in the open' would make it obvious, a relief)

Being near me could make you queasy -(the truth or the obvious is not always easy to stomach, and yes the mass and power of an elephant probably would make me queasy!)

I think it just goes to show how multi-leveled your riddle was!!

Your interpretation is definitely better than mine.. :thumbsup:

with your (in the room) quote I had realized your way of thinking.. but as i had said to Wilson.. my riddle was no were near this insightful.. :(

hope to do better next time :)

Your interpretation is definitely better than mine.. :thumbsup:

with your (in the room) quote I had realized your way of thinking.. but as i had said to Wilson.. my riddle was no were near this insightful.. :(

hope to do better next time :)

Very cool riddle :thumbsup: --I had considered elephant, but like Shakee dismissed it because of the "take me home". I should have thought of a white elephant! :duh: ( The elephant in the room is new to me--- I had heard it as the 800 lb. Gorilla):blush: Hurray Clinton!

Edited by chicory