BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

21 answers to this question

Which circumstances would it be RIGHT to go to war.

Imagine there were a madman with an army at his feet

he murdered, enslaved, and brutally tortured nearly a billion people

wouldn't you stop him?

sure, there will be casualties in war

but they would be far less than casualties without war

so would that be considered the right thing to do?

Edited by Martini

wouldn't you stop him?

sure, there will be casualties in war

but they would be far less than casualties without war

so would that be considered the right thing to do?

Do I have more weapons/support than this individual (refraining from your use of words in case it upsets him) , am I an individual or leader/statesman in this plot! Define my roll please.

I have a few gambits to offer.

to employ unreality's use of thinking of it as an investment

you are a military leader, and you aren't sure if you are more powerfull or if they are

you can try to stop this individual, but you could lose the battle

would you do it?

to employ unreality's use of thinking of it as an investment

you are a military leader, and you aren't sure if you are more powerfull or if they are

you can try to stop this individual, but you could lose the battle

would you do it?

Hmmm? Don't see me as a milatry leader, though Royalty/President etc trumps the actual milatry, if that is what you mean.(looks like you are using Unreality as a pun. Looks unreal to me)

However while i think of my strategies, maybe you will mull this over.

Hitler and other advises committed or had others commit many atrocities in WW11. He was considered an enemy to some and an ally to others. France was occupied Netherlands was occupied in absentia both had resistance movements, probably all countries had their share of spies within,

This was a foreseeable event with regards to information available at he time in a similar way that many countries are in an arms race today. By arms I mean “conventional” (if that word for such a thing)., nuclear, bacterial/germ you name it intelligence resources knows about it (still think WMD was a cover up as it hasn’t been proven yet. The point is proactive measures need to be taken earlier and reduce the reactive scenario which leaves you guessing blindly. Easy to say/write but if you and I were world leaders weather poles apart or of separate religions, then why is it not possible to mediate for a world solution long before embargo threats, escalation of arms production or purchasing them.

Look at the situation NOW and tell me that you would not subscribe to the view of none production of weapons,, unilateral disarmament, sharing of wealth and assistance at all times by ALL. Would this not suite anybody? (bit open I know but take it on board and work out later if you can still afford to go out after paying less tax for such weapons against giving aid/assistance) Assume we are all on board the nest day and it runs along smoothly for a decade or so.

Bring in the MADMAN and see how far he can get in these circumstances, where will his support come from with no weapons available, no resources? What possible chance does this individual have to threaten anybody to start with?

It obviously requires more than agreement on disarming. It requires a code for education, health goodwill brotherhood and free therapy too perhaps. We are creating a world of greed, selfishness and indoctrination. It could be my idealistic point of view. How does it work in reality? My point is that no one really tries to make it viable. People will agree on common ground,. Start from there and find more common ground, diffuse escalating differences with validation, understanding and stay sitting round the table - don’t walk away from a debate but mediate until a solution is reached. Can different religions find it IMPOSSIBLE for not being confrontational over differences large or small. Are we to continue a violent or aggressive attitude to people with different beliefs/ideals/way of life.

At some point the MADMAN pops up again and we would need to deal with the situation. Suppose it was your mentor in life that has never guided you wrong but suddenly out of nowhere has a new idea - and boy is it a bad one. I think more people are likely to avoid these characters than join them as long as the CODE (yet to be defined) works for all then these things just can’t get off the ground.

I’m not talking about a CODE for oppression but for a good common practice/ best practice which is available and wanted by all.

Noe there is a thought CODE new thread

I think more people are likely to avoid these characters than join them

wouldn't you be likely to not avoid hitler

ally to others

perhaps these allies helped this hypothetical madman achieve power

or he could have put on a sane front and managed to land himself a position of power

then he would be powerful enough for people to join him out of fear

and thus, his army grows

Hmmm? Don't see me as a milatry leader, though Royalty/President etc trumps the actual milatry, if that is what you mean.(looks like you are using Unreality as a pun. Looks unreal to me)

fine then, you're the president of Shmaliamaland

now answer the real question

and don't ask me what that question is

it is on my first post

Easy to say/write but if you and I were world leaders weather poles apart or of separate religions, then why is it not possible to mediate for a world solution long before embargo threats, escalation of arms production or purchasing them.

it is perfectly possible and reasonable

for you and I

but there will always be those who are power hungry, or not sound of mind

both people have to agree for there to be an agreement (obviously)

but there will always be those that do not agree to peace

that's why I don't believe there will ever be world peace

Look at the situation NOW and tell me that you would not subscribe to the view of none production of weapons,, unilateral disarmament, sharing of wealth and assistance at all times by ALL. Would this not suite anybody?

because, once again, there are people who will want more

they'll want to achieve, let's just say, world domination

and they think violence is the only way to get it

it's not right

but it's the truth

wouldn't you be likely to not avoid hitler - Sorry Ploper I am missing your point here. spell it out if you want.

perhaps these allies helped this hypothetical madman achieve power

or he could have put on a sane front and managed to land himself a position of power

then he would be powerful enough for people to join him out of fear

and thus, his army grows

Perhaps / what if. May be this maybe that... Aplly to every day situations and ALL scenarios..Are playing devils advocate Ploper?

fine then, you're the president of Shmaliamaland

now answer the real question

and don't ask me what that question is

it is on my first post

1 - It does not exist, like the rest of your Roll play game it's fantasy Maybe for fun I'll see it through 2 - I have a choice to participate, are you miffed at something, someone (me)? 3 - Why do you assume I will ask or might (back to miffed) If have an issue with me then sat so one way or another.

but there will always be those who are power hungry, or not sound of mind

both people have to agree for there to be an agreement (obviously)

but there will always be those that do not agree to peace

that's why I don't believe there will ever be world peace I agree with all your points, HOWEVER, I am going to try for peace over abomination - have to pressume their is some middle ground along the way. It is like too large a grey area too diminish but no attempt means no result and as i don't prey/believe in an omnipresent entity, then I will continue to hopefully spread good karma. It amy not happen in my life time though. It may not last either.

because, once again, there are people who will want more

they'll want to achieve, let's just say, world domination

and they think violence is the only way to get it

it's not right

but it's the truth -

For now yes Ploper. Do you not want to suggest to THEM a soloution? Do you have anything to offer or is apathy a soloution? You have choices. Mine is to not wait for others to do it all wrong in my name.

I think voting or by inactivively letting someone come to power that is supposed to act on our behalf (and get paid for it - perhaps volunteers would work better), without adding further input ourselves, we are authorising (giving ablank cheque) a few people to work out soloutions that clearly they can't handle Poor agrrements/laws and poor application of such need addressiing.

i see nothing wrong with letting a think tank have their input. Maybe each law needs a referendom and has to be rewritten several times before it's passed. Yes it's complicated. I think many big issues can be resolved with full disclosure - expect a lot of shock/horror reaction at the findings. Some upsets but it will all settle down. I have found that it works for me when you have to prove your reasoning - it keeps me honest. Obviously full disclosure is regarding the goverments/powers/authorities etc that ShOULD account for their (our) actions! It's easy for me to say cos I'm used to it - maybe it will require nerve to change - make it law??????

Have more to add but running out of time.

Sorry Ploper I am missing your point here. spell it out if you want.

you said that you'd be likely to avoid this madman

well hitler was a madman, yet not everyone avoided him, now did they?

Perhaps / what if. May be this maybe that... Aplly to every day situations and ALL scenarios..Are playing devils advocate Ploper?

now now, I'm responding to the original post.

you asked under what circumstances it would be right to go to war

then you challenged my idea and I added to it to support how the man achieved power

you said "Which circumstances would it be RIGHT to go to war." not "find a reason that it is okay to go to war that would fit any and all war scenarios and happen all the time"

you asked when it would be right to go to war. but this post is saying something quite different

apply to every day situation and ALL scenarios

1 - It does not exist, like the rest of your Roll play game it's fantasy Maybe for fun I'll see it through 2 - I have a choice to participate, are you miffed at something, someone (me)? 3 - Why do you assume I will ask or might (back to miffed) If have an issue with me then sat so one way or another.

are... are you serious?

DUH! of course shlamalamaland or whatever I called it doesn't exist

neither does the insane madman intent on genocide.

I'm just creating a freakin situation and you're taking everything I'm saying to be based on reality

and yes, I am getting "miffed"

because every time I say something, no matter how simple I make it, you don't seem to understand

and you take everything to be so literal

it's getting quite annoying

I can't really debate with someone who isn't understanding simple concepts

For now yes Ploper. Do you not want to suggest to THEM a soloution? Do you have anything to offer or is apathy a soloution? You have choices. Mine is to not wait for others to do it all wrong in my name.

nah, I don't feel like it

how about you suggest to them a solution so I can poke holes in it for you?

I think voting or by inactivively letting someone come to power that is supposed to act on our behalf (and get paid for it - perhaps volunteers would work better), without adding further input ourselves, we are authorising (giving ablank cheque) a few people to work out soloutions that clearly they can't handle Poor agrrements/laws and poor application of such need addressiing.

i see nothing wrong with letting a think tank have their input. Maybe each law needs a referendom and has to be rewritten several times before it's passed. Yes it's complicated. I think many big issues can be resolved with full disclosure - expect a lot of shock/horror reaction at the findings. Some upsets but it will all settle down. I have found that it works for me when you have to prove your reasoning - it keeps me honest. Obviously full disclosure is regarding the goverments/powers/authorities etc that ShOULD account for their (our) actions! It's easy for me to say cos I'm used to it - maybe it will require nerve to change - make it law??????

Have more to add but running out of time.

I'm looking for relevence here

yet I'm not findig any

hmm.

and once again, you avoid answering my initial question

don't go into some theorizing that doesn't make any sense

it's a yes or no question, with a yes or no answer

well who's to say they'll listen anyways, huh?

damn, there's TWO things you are avoiding

first, you avoid my original question for about the fourth time

then, you don't answer when I tell you to suggest a solution for them

let me know when you're actually ready to debate, okay?

LOST IN SPACE, WHAT IF THERE WAS A GUY COMING AT YOU

HE HAS A KNIFE

HE IS INTENT ON KILLING YOU

NOTHING YOU CAN SAY WILL STOP HIM

NOTHING YOU CAN DO- YOU CANNOT RUN NOR HIDE NOR ANYTHING

YOU ARE TRAPPED IN A CORNER

BUT... you have a gun. You can shoot him and kill him in the next second to live. HE IS CRAZED, WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'LL DO AFTER KILLING YOU!

It's you or him. Your life or his. He doesn't notice the gun.

What do you do?

1) sorry if that sounds creepy, I'm trying to simplify Ploper's point. I hope nobody like that ever comes after you

2) this is a hypothetical question! So just answer it. lol

sorry if this sounds blunt but you were continually missing Ploper's points

BRACKETS ARE MY REMARKS = L.I.S. Sorry if they seem picky, SOME ae not

LOST IN SPACE, WHAT IF THERE WAS A GUY COMING AT YOU (you are watching and don't want to be involved or have shouted a warning and are to far away to help)

HE HAS A KNIFE (Presume your eyes are good from a distance)

HE IS INTENT ON KILLING YOU (now you are a mind reader !!!)

NOTHING YOU CAN SAY WILL STOP HIM (fortune teller ???)

NOTHING YOU CAN DO- YOU CANNOT RUN NOR HIDE NOR ANYTHING (accepted other than - NOR ANYTHING - whatever you intend that to mean, only you know unreality)

YOU ARE TRAPPED IN A CORNER ... (OK)

BUT... you have a gun. You can shoot him and kill him in the next second to live. HE IS CRAZED, WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'LL DO AFTER KILLING YOU!

It's you or him. Your life or his. He doesn't notice the gun. (more mind reading and fortune telling)

What do you do?

(note... the mind reading fortune telling is regarding the fact that unless that is your intention - youare the attacker - then we don't know the other guys intention.

)

1) sorry if that sounds creepy, I'm trying to simplify Ploper's point. I hope nobody like that ever comes after you ( same to you unreality)

2) this is a hypothetical question! So just answer it. lol (an order ???????)

sorry if this sounds blunt but you were continually missing Ploper's points (Maybe some not all - maybe i need more focus in his posts - point taken)

To be fare i will respond to Plopers what if and other points IF i can, but not directly after this post, hopefully today. Hers's why it IS creepy (for me)

Having been in a situation witha a knife at my throat - i have lived to tell the tale (obviuously), So did the other Guy. Ther was some strange dialogue between us and after a short time I had diffused the situation - hence, i am here, well, somewhere anyway.

I Did not have a gun, you can't put one in my hand unreality - other than to see what my highest score would be at a shooting range, though archery (again for "sport" only) would suit me better. I would find the focus/concentration and that only of value to me (there are other ways to achieve this of course). If the situation you mentioned occurd at the range I would put the gun/bow down. Ideal for me would to have total disarmament. Realistic - time will tell. The arms race is another big subject let me know if you want to DEBATE it.

Things could have one the other way - we would not have had this discussion - what a shame that would have been (lol)

Okay, I would love to debate you, but you don't understand the simple concepts of debate. I said it was a hypothetical question! Why cant you understand that??? Okay, I'll make it even simpler:

There is a button. You are in a locked cell.

You know for a fact that if you press the button it will kill a man in the adjacent cell, through a glass partition, you can see them. They have a similar button, which is wired to kill you. They're running for their button. You cannot talk to them through the glass partition, their back is to you, they are running to the button to kill you and "win". The survivor of the two of you goes free. What do you do?

Let him kill you? Or do you press the button and go free?

ANSWER THIS WITH "I DIE" OR "I PRESS THE BUTTON"... dont try to turn my hypothetical question into a reality

Unreality I'm looking for a relationship to the topic - can't see it -ugh i think you will at least roll your eyes, will the winner get to have world peace or war???

You are confused Unreality (my opinion)

Okay, I would love to debate you, but you don't understand the simple concepts of debate. I said it was a hypothetical question! Why cant you understand that???

Okay, I'll make it even simpler:

There is a button. You are in a locked cell.

You know for a fact that if you press the button it will kill a man in the adjacent cell, through a glass partition, you can see them. They have a similar button, which is wired to kill you. They're running for their button. You cannot talk to them through the glass partition, their back is to you, they are running to the button to kill you and "win". The survivor of the two of you goes free. What do you do?

Let him kill you? Or do you press the button and go free?

ANSWER

Note - I don't know for a fact that the out come is death to either of us. Flawed riddle on more than one level probably

ANSWER - shout STOP!!!! - THERE MAY BE AN AMICABLE SOLOUTION WHERE WE BOTH DON'T END UP IN THIS SITUATION AGAIN

(now you'll change the rules or pose your question another way)

And you call this debate

And you again demand an ANSWER

Answer this if you want if you can???

A man leaves his car beside a hotel and looses all his money, property,wealth, and his life (Bit harsh and it is in no way real to my knowledge)

Why did he loose EVERYTHING (he new this could have been the outcome he had a 1/6 chance of had EVERYTHING) Rules is rules (Rulse RULE OK!)

I will accept new door as an answer (LOL)

Germanicly speaking this can be applied here

I'm using your tactics of putting a death related sureal subject into a topic of W&P and asking YOU not anyone else to ANSWER

(only difference is i am not demanding it or tell you)

if you dont know the answer - phone a friend - if you do congratulations!

For the record I have put a twist on to an origial logic prob...

Further you are welcome to clarify your version of debate, or a friends version if they give permission!!!!

Unreality, you seem to think i need to answer ALL your questions on this topic - perhaps because I posted it - That alone does not equal debate in my book (dicitionary - LOL)

Do understand the difference between riddle/puzlle/debate etc. So i used an experience -whats the harm unreality i answered my way and you did't get the result you wanted - Sorry to keep upsetting you by the way - it's not intentional

geez, I miss two of LIS's posts and look at all the writing I get to do

so much, I have to do two posts because I wrote too much to fit in one

okay, let's get this over with

sorry if this sounds blunt but you were continually missing Ploper's points (Maybe some not all - maybe i need more focus in his posts - point taken)

exactly, I'm getting frustrated because you blatanly ignore, or overlook, just about everything I say. "maybe some not all". I don't agree, sure, you would respond to something I said, but there hasn't been a single time where you got my point.

LOST IN SPACE, WHAT IF THERE WAS A GUY COMING AT YOU (you are watching and don't want to be involved or have shouted a warning and are to far away to help)

maybe you've seen this guy yourself

after all, you're in a corner, there's only one direction to look

HE HAS A KNIFE (Presume your eyes are good from a distance)

or, he is waving it madly and you can clearly see it

or, to respond to this point, make it a machette

HE IS INTENT ON KILLING YOU (now you are a mind reader !!!)

NOTHING YOU CAN SAY WILL STOP HIM (fortune teller ???)

if there is a man running at you with a weapon, it's a pretty safe assumption he wants to kill you

or perhaps there was prior diologue where he told you he wanted to kill you

or he was screaming "DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

and what do you suppose you could POSSIBLY say to stop this murderer after he has allready gained momentum.

(note... the mind reading fortune telling is regarding the fact that unless that is your intention - youare the attacker - then we don't know the other guys intention.

)

I think from what unreality had said so far, his intentions were actually pretty damn clear

So just answer it. lol (an order ???????)

one you disobeyed, you didn't really answer the question

I Did not have a gun, you can't put one in my hand unreality

*sight*

it's your dieing father's gun, who wanted you to keep it with you at all times, so you can always remember him

are you saying you would decreed his memory, just because you don't like guns

um, L.I.S. read these two consecutive posts and see if they make sense

You cannot talk to them through the glass partition
ANSWER - shout STOP!!!! - THERE MAY BE AN AMICABLE SOLOUTION WHERE WE BOTH DON'T END UP IN THIS SITUATION AGAIN

if they do make sense to you.....

wow

Answer this if you want if you can???

A man leaves his car beside a hotel and looses all his money, property,wealth, and his life (Bit harsh and it is in no way real to my knowledge)

Why did he loose EVERYTHING (he new this could have been the outcome he had a 1/6 chance of had EVERYTHING) Rules is rules (Rulse RULE OK!)

I will accept new door as an answer (LOL)

Germanicly speaking this can be applied here

I'm using your tactics of putting a death related sureal subject into a topic of W&P and asking YOU not anyone else to ANSWER

quite, quite different

we were using DO OR DIE situations and asked you to answer them (and you haven't, you didn't answer unrealities two questions or my initial question)

this situation of yours is allready a DIE, and you want us to tell you why

which is besides the point of the debate

Unreality, you seem to think i need to answer ALL your questions on this topic - perhaps because I posted it - That alone does not equal debate in my book (dicitionary - LOL)

mayby you could stop thinking with the dictionary, and instead use logic

what you're saying is that if the person you're debating makes a really good point, or asks a question that you can't answer (because he's right), you can just ignore it?

that sounds like TERRIBLE debate.

You are confused Unreality (my opinion)

oh my god,

you're SO confused and mistaken, that you think the people that know what's going on are confused.

a crazy person thinking a normal person is crazy

cool.

Unreality I'm looking for a relationship to the topic - can't see it -ugh i think you will at least roll your eyes, will the winner get to have world peace or war???

It's directly related with the topic

you ask when fighting is neccessary,

we gave three different situations for you

simple

you just keep missing our points for some unknown reason

they will have neither world peace nor war

they will simple get to keep their own lives

Yeah I was too quick,tired and shudda put my glasses on.

If the situation is unreal then I'll press the button and have done with it - no one ends up dead. If it was real my belief and concience would'nt let me do it if the only choice is die or kill - i'll die. Two members won't miss me that's for sure.

Now i'm dead cos i did'nt press the button and I'll never get to see Disneyland (sob sob)

Question asked and answered finally - any way i can't add any more cos i'm dead or can I

this situation of yours is allready a DIE, and you want us to tell you why

which is besides the point of the debate

Not beside the point to me and he had a choice not to end up dead - though his car would not be beside the hotel.. tiny clue, NOTED that you won't answer or can't anwer yet - Think I'll post it and see where it goes.

what you're saying is that if the person you're debating makes a really good point, or asks a question that you can't answer (because he's right), you can just ignore it?

that sounds like TERRIBLE debate.

It's a matter of opinion or point of view if someone is right or wrong - this is not a math test where the answer has to be right - thought the soloution is as important as the answer.

Okay so YOU think that someone made a really good point - that's your opinion and contribution by support, I'm pleased for you.

If I don't get an answer right (in your opinion) - well, who said I'm perfect - definately not me.

So it SOUNDS like terrible debate to YOU - well i'll always be trying to reduce my mistakes, striving for improvement, causing discomfort/pain/upsat is to you or anyone is not my aim in life, but i will say things the way I see it right or wrong. Besides I don't mind beiing corrrected and i can change my mind - My opinion is not written in stone.

Regarding avoiding answering - you can't order response that's rude - why not be polite and ask?, though I admit it's not cricket to keep people waiting sometimes I do not have time to answer (I have periods were I like to chew on things first.

a crazy person thinking a normal person is crazy
Your PROFFESSIONAL opinion - goes a bit too far - but it is your opinion right or wrong. I

can take a kicking.

you just keep missing our points for some unknown reason

You don't put it well - S.P.E.L.L - I.T. - O.U.T maybe that will work - Sorry again if i missed YOUR point.

one you disobeyed you didn't really answer the question
DISOBEYED Ploper - who am I disobeying, or to put it another way. YOU are not in charge!

playing games like this won't lead to good debate.

it's your dieing father's gun, who wanted you to keep it with you at all times, so you can always remember him

are you saying you would decreed his memory, just because you don't like guns

Another bad move and your l tempo is out - if you want to WIN a debate, fine chalk this one up if it is gonna make you happy or get back on track and I'll continue

Anyway - please do not assume ever that i will be holding a gun - that is my point regarding war, violence and all the negative aspescts that come with it and follow it. There are guys out thee that do want to use those methods cos they don't try to find another way -

APATHY IS NOT A RESPONSE

too lazy unreality

right near the beginning

So lets put you and ploper in the situation you posed (lets say I put you both there - of course i would'nt) what would you do????

Tou did'nt answer the other one so i won't be holding my breath!

If the opposite of pro is con, then what must be the opposite of progress?

well i'll always be trying to reduce my mistakes

not doing a good job

You don't put it well - S.P.E.L.L - I.T. - O.U.T maybe that will work - Sorry again if i missed YOUR point.

I don't put it well?

then how come unreality, and everyone else I've had debates with, can understand me just fine,

even if I don't totally understand myself

the problem with miscommunication is in you, not me

if you want to WIN a debate

do you realise how hard it is to win a debate when the other person, 1. can't understand you, no matter how thouroughly you S.P.E.L.L. I.T. O.U.T. 2. doesn't seem to think they have to answer your questions 3. when they DO answer your questions, don't fit the specifications. 4. are stubborn to begin with, and 5. ignore you when, had they listened, you would've won the debate, count it, three times over

yeah, it's near impossible

just like getting you to answer a hypothetical question

SUCH AS, my INITIAL QUESTIONS

which you have seemed to ignore again!!!

not doing a good job
- not in my opinion, I said trying

how come unreality, and everyone else I've had debates with, can understand me just fine,

even if I don't totally understand myselfthe problem with miscommunication is in you, not me

- Sorry again that you don't get it across to me or

I don't get on your wave lenghth.

My reply in bold italic

1. when the other person can't understand you, no matter how thouroughly you S.P.E.L.L. I.T. O.U.T. see above

2. doesn't seem to think they have to answer your questions see below

3. when they DO answer your questions, don't fit the specifications. So I did answer???

4. are stubborn to begin with, My nature and my/your opinion are factors in the debate

5. ignore you when, had they listened, you would've won the debate, count it, three times over

I thought the object of debate/discussion was to progress

yeah, it's near impossible

just like getting you to answer a hypothetical question

SUCH AS, my INITIAL QUESTIONS

which you have seemed to ignore again!!!

You mean this one your first Post

wouldn't you stop him?

Yes - I would do my very best, but not with weapons,

So ploper Question asked n answered

Start your target practice...

Look at the leaders who have been in this position to abuse there power and much much more, G.Khan, Hitler, various Ceaser's, various pharohs and many empires apart from the greeks and Romans, such as UK, Netherlands, Ottoman, Conquistadores - Who met no opposition, Aztecs, Mayans, and probably many that I have never even heard of.

None of the above are world dominating powers today. Collectively the europeans are still on board with the fighting for peace resort if someone is'nt listening - eg Afghanistan, Iraq (who were assisted with $35 billion during First Persian Gulf War, 1980-88, probably the east supported Iran). Perhaps all we had to do was use alternatives to fossil fuel to put that one to rest.

My opion, War is a loss from the moment you start. Maybe it's the humanitarian in me that is stronger than whatever it is that produces the conflict. I have trouble also dealing with the " so long as it's not in my back yard" approach. Do we wait untill it is before we react rather than be proactive.

"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Old ones are the best - ergo I must be the best. L.I.S.

Start your target practice...

oh, I'm sorry?

Are you ordering me?

Because if

YOU are not in charge!

than neither are you

but, either way

I will begin my target practice

So I did answer???

I was saying that on the rare occasion that you DO answer

you don't fit the specifications

you don't always not answer

but you haven't answered to anyone's satisfactory except your own so far

I thought the object of debate/discussion was to progress

then do it

stop ignoring questions or specifications

and actually change

because all of your posts seem to be the same as the one before it, and the one after it

Hitler

Died of suicide, a form of violence

various Ceaser's

most likely killed by relatives looking for power... a form of violence

various pharohs

same as above

a better example would be Castro

but even then, we still tried to kill him.

Yes - I would do my very best, but not with weapons,

so then what?

try to solve it diplomatically?

Whose to say his guards won't shoot your men on site?

So what else?

wait for him to die of old age?

So ploper Question asked n answered

thank god

it only took about 15 posts for you to answer

wow, I'm impressed

you hav the reaction time of Neo,

maybe that's fast enough to dodge the crazy man's knfe/machette in unrealities HYPOTHETICAL situation.

Do we wait untill it is before we react rather than be proactive.

enemies can perform in secret

pretty simple

did we see pearl harbor coming?

nope

so how could we have been proactive before tragedy struck?