BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia Mafia

Gmaster479

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame on those suspicious toward me. It was obvious from the get go, that I was good by killing 24_65. I would have RIDed correctly with another chance.

I am truly sorry for not believing you, but I must say that when you think about it, the only thing you proved when voting for 24_65 was that you weren't a baddie. However, I was still suspicious of you as the indie.

Night 4: You know there's a hit out on you when...

JarZe was walking with attention focused on his task for tonight. But suddenly he felt a presence behind him. He ignored it until he turned around and saw a Mark McGuire baseball bat. St. Louis laughed maniacally believing knocking out JarZe would mean the end of the Baddie alliance

--------------------G

End of Night 4

Host: GMaster479

1. harvey45

2. 24_65... - lynched and found to be New Jersey

3. golfjunkie

4. EDM - lynched and found to be New York

5. actressgirl

6. Framm18 - killed by the Baddies

7. abhisk

8. akaslickster - lynched and found to be Miami

9. JarZe

10. music2

11. Music - killed by the Baddies

Day 4 ends at 9 PM EST.

Edited by Gmaster479

2 possibilities I can think of off the top of my head, both unlikely in their own ways:

*There was no kill because JarZe was the Philly, and the block from St. Louis negated the kill. This is unlikely because I don't know if St. Louis can block a baddie kill, even if there is only one baddie left. (Gmaster, can you say true or false on that?) Also, there is the possibility that JarZe was telling the truth about being the spy, and that the real Philly was inactive. That brings me to the next possibility:

*There was no kill because Philly was inactive, probably because he wanted the goodies to be confused enough to kill off their teammates one by one until he wins. This is unlikely because it is idiotic to not kill, especially 2 nights in a row.

Anyway, no idea who to vote for b/c I don't know which one happened. If the Philly's strategy actually was to confuse us, it's working (for now).

*There was no kill because JarZe was the Philly, and the block from St. Louis negated the kill. This is unlikely because I don't know if St. Louis can block a baddie kill, even if there is only one baddie left. (Gmaster, can you say true or false on that?) Also, there is the possibility that JarZe was telling the truth about being the spy, and that the real Philly was inactive. That brings me to the next possibility:

Block beats kill in most mafias and in this one

Block beats kill in most mafias and in this one

Then that rules out one of the unlikelihoods on my first guess. That just makes you the slightest bit more suspicious, JZ. I would say to get talking, but you've already done plenty. Just let me sit and think for a while, hopefully I'll come up with some answers.

Okay, honestly this is not looking good for you, JarZe. And while there could be other explanations, it seems way more likely that you are the last baddie. I'm not exactly accusing you, (well... kinda) but that's pretty much where my thoughts are. And unless you want to go with my paranoid theory that Philly purposely didn't act, assuming that Sainty would block you (which, really, is just a waste of a night and also a very shaky plan), this is my best thought. But then of course there's the inactivity clause... :dry:

On another note, I believe the Indy to be dead. First: he hasn't acted once the entire game, when I'm sure after 4 nights of tries and hints he'd have at least gotten lucky once. Second: If you are who you say you are, JZ, he probably could have killed you last night, maybe even the night before, which means he's dead and you're telling the truth or he's alive, you're lying and he hasn't tried the other option yet.

GM: Just to be safe, a failed RID attempt would not be shown in the post, right?

Still no vote though, thinking it over. But I admit it's not looking good for you, JarZe.

Okay, honestly this is not looking good for you, JarZe. And while there could be other explanations, it seems way more likely that you are the last baddie. I'm not exactly accusing you, (well... kinda) but that's pretty much where my thoughts are. And unless you want to go with my paranoid theory that Philly purposely didn't act, assuming that Sainty would block you (which, really, is just a waste of a night and also a very shaky plan), this is my best thought. But then of course there's the inactivity clause... :dry:

100% agreed

On another note, I believe the Indy to be dead. First: he hasn't acted once the entire game, when I'm sure after 4 nights of tries and hints he'd have at least gotten lucky once. Second: If you are who you say you are, JZ, he probably could have killed you last night, maybe even the night before, which means he's dead and you're telling the truth or he's alive, you're lying and he hasn't tried the other option yet.

GM: Just to be safe, a failed RID attempt would not be shown in the post, right?

You may be forgetting the other option the FBI has...

GM: Are recruits shown in the night posts, or are they kept secret?

I'm not sure, it seems to me that actressgirl may be playing a slick baddie strategy of just keeping your head down. No one has even questioned her! Here is what I have come up with:

actressgirl has had no substantive posts, no opinions on anyone, it seems. Not even one reason for any of her votes, and that makes me suspicious :dry:

A list of actressgirl's votes

• D1 - blank
  • D2 - EDM (however the vote was tied when she cast hers, so it was a safe bet on a random lynch, which would favor the baddies because there was only 2 of them and 7 of us (including the Indie), until onetruth backed out at the last minute on her vote causing a baddie to be lynched, and actressgirl couldn't back out to save EDM then, it would have been too suspicious right after onetruth!)
  • D3 - slick (why would she pile onto the slick bandwagon at the last moment, other than to assure he would be lynched? If she would have voted for anyone else, the outcome would have been the same, unless, like onetruth/music2 did the day before, someone backed out of their vote at the last minute. Maybe, she didn't want anyone to be able to change the outcome by backing out of their vote again... if someone backed out of the slick vote and she had voted for anyone else, we could have lynched someone else, however with her vote on top of the rest of them, slick didn't have a chance.)

It seems to me she is either a baddie playing a time tested strategy, or she is the Indie, which would make sense, maybe even more sense than her being the last baddie. If she is the Indie, she doesn't care which side gets lynched, she just wants someone to get lynched. I'm can't tell you I know for sure, but there is just far too much unexplained behavior on her part for me. Get to talking actressgirl, you're in my sights now.

Edited by golfjunkie

Wouldn't a block would only apply to the character's specific nighttime ability, such as spying, RID guess, save, etc., not a group ability like the baddies group kill every night? Then with all the suspicion on JarZe after the death of slick, I think that Philly probably laid low for one more night, betting that St Louie would block JarZe and make him look all the more suspicious when no one died. It is a risky strategy, but it would pay large dividends, especially if JarZe is our spy. I don't know JarZe, I hope for our sake that if you are a goodie, you have some sort of ace up your sleeve to prove your innocence. I am not convinced you are Philly, but some others seem to be, even if they haven't come out and said it yet...

1. harvey45

3. golfjunkie - voting for actressgirl

5. actressgirl

7. abhisk

9. JarZe

10. music2

Until you can convince me otherwise actressgirl...

Edited by golfjunkie

Failed RID attempts aren't shown.

GM: Are recruits shown in the night posts, or are they kept secret?

Recruits by D.C aren't shown, kills are.

Wouldn't a block would only apply to the character's specific nighttime ability, such as spying, RID guess, save, etc., not a group ability like the baddies group kill every night?

A 'group kill' is performed by anyone of the remaining baddies and can be blocked along with their normal action

I'm not sure, it seems to me that actressgirl may be playing a slick baddie strategy of just keeping your head down. No one has even questioned her! Here is what I have come up with:

actressgirl has had no substantive posts, no opinions on anyone, it seems. Not even one reason for any of her votes, and that makes me suspicious :dry:

A list of actressgirl's votes

• D1 - blank
  • D2 - EDM (however the vote was tied when she cast hers, so it was a safe bet on a random lynch, which would favor the baddies because there was only 2 of them and 7 of us (including the Indie), until onetruth backed out at the last minute on her vote causing a baddie to be lynched, and actressgirl couldn't back out to save EDM then, it would have been too suspicious right after onetruth!)
  • D3 - slick (why would she pile onto the slick bandwagon at the last moment, other than to assure he would be lynched? If she would have voted for anyone else, the outcome would have been the same, unless, like onetruth/music2 did the day before, someone backed out of their vote at the last minute. Maybe, she didn't want anyone to be able to change the outcome by backing out of their vote again... if someone backed out of the slick vote and she had voted for anyone else, we could have lynched someone else, however with her vote on top of the rest of them, slick didn't have a chance.)

It seems to me she is either a baddie playing a time tested strategy, or she is the Indie, which would make sense, maybe even more sense than her being the last baddie. If she is the Indie, she doesn't care which side gets lynched, she just wants someone to get lynched. I'm can't tell you I know for sure, but there is just far too much unexplained behavior on her part for me. Get to talking actressgirl, you're in my sights now.

ok, well first of all, i rarely have any substantial posts, unless i really feel strongly about someone being a baddie. ok, now

d1- i was at a friends, and couldnt get on

d2- if i were a baddie, why would i vote off a baddie? especially if there was only 2 left. thats just... not smart... (at least as far as im concerned.)

d3- i said it there. i didnt have much time and i figured that slick basically was going to get voted off with or without my vote. and i didnt want to be inactive.

i am not the baddie or indie!

Still no vote though, thinking it over. But I admit it's not looking good for you, JarZe.

I don't think killing the first couple of successfull RID by the indy wouldn't be good, since he can recruit and then win when the recruit wins, especially since nobody knows when they get recruited.

I know it's not looking good for me right now, but I've said all that's in my hands to say.

I'm inclined to believe that the remaining baddie is trying to remain low and try to make someone else look bad... I'll see if I can think of something more before I vote...

Only a few more hours left today, we may as well get voting.

1. harvey45 - voting for JarZe

5. actressgirl

7. abhisk

9. JarZe

10. music2

Sorry, all evidence (except possible baddie reverse psychology, but that's an idiotic move on their part) points to you, JZ.

Edited by harvey45

5. actressgirl - voting for JarZe

7. abhisk

9. JarZe

10. music2

Piling up on the easiest target is the worst strategy ever...

5. actressgirl - voting for JarZe

7. abhisk

9. JarZe - voting for actressgirl

10. music2

Day 4: Luck had it

JarZe and actressgirl had been put in a room and given a revolver. Aiming at each other, it was time for a game of Russian Roulette. The fate of this game rested in the hands of whatever gun they chose. With JarZe dead, the goodies had it. With actressgirl dead a baddie/indy victory was almost assured. The guns were fired and...

Jarze was killed.

He was Philly!

Goodies Win!

1. harvey45 - Chicago

2. 24_65... - New Jersey

3. golfjunkie - D.C

4. EDM - New York

5. actressgirl - L.A

6. Framm 18 - Dallas

7. abhisk - Memphis

8. akaslickster - Miami

9. JarZe - Philadelphia

10. onetruth - St. Louis

11. Music - Cajun (Nawlins)

Edited by Gmaster479

Really well done golfjunkie, are you sure you have not played this before? You have to watch out for the goodie/baddie balance however.

And JarZe you almost earned yourself a medal for your efforts at persuasion (I'd have been really impressed if you managed to save EDM as well).

Slick, Sorry mate you had rotten luck on this one. It was a pretty good attempt, I was waiting for you to out yourself late in the day, figured you couldn't get on in time.

All around this was a pretty good game and very well played...

Yes! :lol::P:D

I knew I switched the vote the right way!

Better luck next time; 24_65, EDM, & JarZe. ;)

Slick, once again sorry for not believing you :duh: We could have had 3 baddie lynches in a row if we had trusted you. We probably would have trusted you if you had been a bit more outing with your role. That would have been the last day anyway if we had lynched him then, and you wouldn't have had to worry about golfjunkie's RID the next night.

And golfjunkie, were you close on guessing any of our roles?

Yes! laugh.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I knew I switched the vote the right way!

Better luck next time; 24_65, EDM, & JarZe. wink.gif

Slick, once again sorry for not believing you duh.gif We could have had 3 baddie lynches in a row if we had trusted you. We probably would have trusted you if you had been a bit more outing with your role. That would have been the last day anyway if we had lynched him then, and you wouldn't have had to worry about golfjunkie's RID the next night.

And golfjunkie, were you close on guessing any of our roles?

I lasted longer than expected. This was also meant to be a learning experience for many of you. Now you'll be ready for future games. No hard feelings. Just glad we one.thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif