BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A young woman is driving when a careless driver hits her in the side of her car. She is hit hardly, and is sent flying into a huge ditch. The ditch is very deep. Her car reaches the bottom of the ditch by the force of the hit. She tried to get out, with no success;the car door is smashed in. She tries all four doors- each had been smashed in from the soil pressed against it so hardly. She almost tried smashing in the window, but the dirt surrounding her would pour in and, possible suffocate her. She thinks hard.

In the car is a windshield cleaner, a bottle of water, a gallon of milk, a small screw driver, a book, and a pairof keys. How should she, in any way, get out?

Advanced :

Same as the above , except she finds out the soild around her pile up above her, leaving her no way to climb up.

5 answers to this question

Now, I don't know about you, but in this situation I'd be so distressed i'd hardly be able to think at all, let alone think logically. I'd probably cry and shout myself hoarse in the desperate hope that the irresponsible moron who smashed into me saw me careen into the ditch, and has the sense and integrity to come in and help me out instead of fleeing and being charged with a hit-and-run and/or murder.

I guess this is a good time to have On-Star.

I think I would start reading the book until help arrived.

I am assuming that the car landed in an upright position, wedged inside a ditch, with dirt falling on top of the car from above.

A sun roof would help in the first situation, but not the second. I know there must be something obvious that I am missing here.