BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

The wife of the head of police comes to your office.

Woman: Good job, Detective Dennis. You are rewarded a promotion. You are now the new head of police.

You: What?!? But there still is..?

Woman: My husband caught the "Basilisk."

You: The what?

Woman: The "Basilisk" is an uncurable, horribly contagious disease. The doctors say it's artificial, and it won't be a big problem until plenty people get the disease if the sick are seperated from the safe. Flesh contact continues it. But more and more people are getting the disease, and not one of them touched a victim. Obviously there is someone behind this mess. (she looks at you in the eye) I need you to clear this up. You've been in big messes before, correct?

You: As of the promotion, I can't accept. I'm too curious and reckless. I can, though, investigate this disease.

Woman: Thank you. I have a friend who you can talk to. His name is Mark Slovenk. My name is Minerva Smith, Bartimor Smith's wife.

To make it easier, I'll list all the names so far.

-Bartimor Smith. Ex-head of police. Has Basilisk. Victim

-Minerva Smith. Wife of Bartimor Smith. Witness

-Mark Slovenk. Minerva Smith's friend. Witness or Suspect

Edited by Cavenglok

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

All right. Time for this topic to move back up...

maybe I missed something, or maybe I just forgot.. Who is Isaac? Have we met one yet? If not, search for a man named Isaac who is a medical technician of some sort or has any government affiliation.

The safe... need a refresher and some more help for that too.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. Dr. Isaac Basil is Luther Basil's father. He is the Dr. Basil. FYI, there are only two Basils. Dr. Basil/Isaac Basil and Luther Basil.

Here is the picture of the safe found in Luther's bed.

To your relief, a phone call arrives from the president. But what you hear is not to be relieved about.

President: Uh.. Detective? I got good news and bad news.

You: The good news, Mr. President?

President: I found information about the BOA.

You: The bad news?

President: I'm trapped in a safe, and there's a bomb tied to my back!

Maybe you should rescue the president. Just maybe.

This is the safe. Sorry it's a little late, but just so you know, the president is about to blow up.

The safe cracking is similar to the Phoenix safe. Since the Basilisk is the subject, the safe should look like a snake.

President: I was on High Street, but suddenly my car got ransacked and I was put in a sack. I used my knife to open holes to see. I'm in an alleyway going off of High Street. The safe is there! Same safe as the picture you showed me! (FYI, you showed the president the stuff found with the will) Please hurry!

-the snake has wings

-you only need to move one circle

-the snake kind of looks like a Z...

Basilisk Safe.doc

Edited by Cavenglok

Done. Too much work to rotate it and put the image on, so I'll just say that it's the correct combination. And since you got it so early, I'll just skip ahead.

You find the street. You find a metallic, round door. There are handles, and three rings. Each ring has an etching similar to the image in Luther's bed. You rotate Layer 2 45 degrees clockwise. You hear a hiss as air streams from the opening of the safe. You heave the door open, and inside is the frightened President and a bomb ticking. You look at the numbers. 00:00:10..

You grab the President's arm, pull him out, then slam the safe door on, and place the combination back to what it was. Right after, there is a boom and the whole neighborhood shakes. But the safe is still intact, except for one small crack. You pull a chunk of the safe off from the crack, determined to find clues from it.

An ambulance, fire truck, police cars, the President's limosine, and plenty of other official-looking things come racing down the street. The President invites you into his limosine.

President: Thank you so much for saving me, Detective Dennis. But we still have the world-wide crisis. Speaking of which,

THUD. THUD. THUD. Cracks bloom on the car window as bullets bounce off the windows. Someone is trying to snipe the President.

Instinctively, you knock the President down and throw yourself on top of him as a human shield. Although you hope the bulletproof glass will hold, you do this just in case. The car zoomed down the street until the snipers were well off. You remove yourself from the President.

The President thanks you again, and the car pulls up to the White House. You enter another bulletproof golf cart, which skims over to the entrance. You are then invited to dinner with the President.

Then your phone rings. You gasp. This time, Dr. Basil disappeared. There was one note on his bed... It said, "Smile you son of a BEACH! Pun intended."

Seems like another rescue must happen.

Edited by Cavenglok

You do so. You scavenge all the beaches in Snake City (I don't know what city it used to be in, but it is now Snake City) and you find the most suspicious beach, Cob Rat Beach. It has all sorts of caves in it, but are prohibited by the police because of the dangerous vipers. You receive a letter.

"There are five caves. Dr. Basil is in one of them. Good luck trying to find the right one in time. I give you until this week. He's in the one without snakes."

Posting details later.

You examine the caves.

Cave A has water in a deep, deep pool. In it are black snakes swimming around. You identify these as Agkistrodon Piscivorus.

Cave B has snakes inside a cage, with wide necks, standing upright, hissing at you. You identify these as Naja.

Cave C has very, very thick snakes in it. You identify these as Pythonidae.

Cave D has another, more shallow pool. There are smaller snakes in here. You identify these as Nerodia Sipedon.

Cave E has snakes with a black tail. They slither around, and when you near them, they shake their tail, making a strange sound. You identify these as Crotalus Molossus.

Each cave is like a passage, and at the end of it there is a door. Each cave is blocked by a fence, so the snakes can't cross over, and you can't take one out until you go in.

Which cave will you go in?

Edited by Cavenglok

can you check out more than one cave?

um...have you looked at the whole beach? are you SURE these are the only caves?

Sure, but four fifths of your squad and potentially you will get killed by the poisonous snakes. It's best you find out which isn't poisonous and stuff. You do realize that these are real snakes, right?

I am going to go with C since it does not have snake as part of it's name.

They're all snakes, though... But if you insist.. say it again... Cause if you make the wrong choice, you WILL die and I'll have to make another detective. No one wants that.

Edited by Cavenglok

They're all snakes, though... But if you insist.. say it again... Cause if you make the wrong choice, you WILL die and I'll have to make another detective. No one wants that.

Better to go for cave D, Cave C contains snakes that kill by constriction (especially if protecting young) whereas Cave D contains water snakes that have had no known cases of attacking humans. Just to be on the safe side can we remove the water from cave D first?