BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Redwall Mafia

Framm 18

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep well I was a goodie and when I was revived and became a baddie I knew it was all over. We had the numbers and everyone was way off including myself. Tpax made quick work of this game.

Overall it was a good game. Framm did a good job hosting and we were aware of most of the inactivity. Good job everyone :)

wait, its over? haha. i am so out of it. i was like "hmmm... i should probably go check whats going on on the main thread." lol. and then i came over here and i was like "wha...?" ok, yay! we won! :D

Well that was fun (evil maniacal laugh)

we got a little lucky. thought phaze had it to tell the truth since Matthias could really have been only one of the two inactives. Also thought we were in trouble when everyone was shown we spied phaze. Obviously we couldn't really do anything about that during the lynch without outting one of us (but I figure he had me pegged as a baddie after the lynch. I really had a tough time during that second lynch answering him without giving myself away since not answering would have been a dead giveaway as well)

oh yeah i also want to thank phaze for doing our dirty work during the first lynch :). his outspokeness both helped me pin slick the second day and we pretty much spied him after the first lynch to validate our suspicion that he was the indie

I wasn't just you that got lucky you double crossing backstabbing baddie :P (I suspected there would be a double cross, but there was nothing I could have done to prevent it)

I could have been toast on the first day

Slick, What made you suspect Cavenglock?

CP, Why did you not say anything about Crispen? and then did you actually intend to commit suicide with post 41 or did you not realise how it could be taken?

Tpax, baddies don't just die especially tricky ones

Medji, any reason you were pinning me the first day? Why would Cluny need medical attention that night wouldn't it have been wiser to protect a team-mate (since he was safe already)

To Cavenglock and actressgirl, so how was your first game? I do not suggest you try to play an independent like I just did. Normally they try to be quiet and not draw any attention to themselves (a style of play that I find difficult to do ;) )

Well, we got lucky in a few ways :)

1) we vote changed medji on night 1, which was a pretty lucky guess there. After the statements made following the first lynch, we pretty much had medji figured as the vote manipulator...

2) CP didn't out chrispen being the baddie (although I can see why she wouldn't, since it would out her role). However, being that the indie could only RID on odd nights, it really wouldn't have mattered I don't think, except letting her survive night 2 (I would have avoided her since I would have thought that abhisk would save her). But our kill would have gone after phaze in that case.

3) we spied onetruth when we killed him, so we knew that Matthias was open for a night kill after that. I wanted to be able to take that role if necessary, but it wasn't - and we couldn't that role because we didn't know who Matthias was (yet)...

4) phaze was soooo outspoken, we practically had him figured at the end of the day one lynch...since I knew who the baddies actually were :)

5) The second night post outted Abhisk to me as the saver...

6) I was holding my breath on the night 3 post. About half way through the second lynch, I realized that up to that point, every player save chrispen and cavenglok had been active. In addition, every role, save three, had been mentioned at some point: the saver, the blocker, and Matthias. Abhisk, I figured was the saver. I figured we had blocked the blocker (75% sure) on the first night. Which meant there were the two inactives to match with two roles that hadn't acted. Well, I knew who the baddie was which meant that cavenglok was Matthias. Up to that point, I thought slick may have been Matthias (this was before he outted himself during the lynch) because he was being too quiet...

Regardless of phaze's motiviations for going after CP and slick, they kinda played right into our hands. We only had to really sway one person in that direction. If Medji had been a little more proactive against actressgirl during that lynch, things may have been a little dicier...but I think we could have handled that with a small guess about cavenglok, and slicks vote against him...

If you had me figured you would not have had to use the spy

I said practically. There was the chance you were the saver and were trying to get us to waste a kill attempt on you...it seemed you were begging to be targeted. I wanted to be sure...because if you weren't the indie I wanted to be sure who I was dealing with, as I was hoping to use you against slick during the day 2 lynch (which was thwarted a bit due to the fact that this spy was written in while our night one spy wasn't...wasn't expecting that). In addition, we were caught in a slight quandry, as a the time, we were going to lose chrispen (and our spy) before night 3. At first, I was going to spy and kill abhisk, but after some of GM's comments during the night cycle, and the fact I wasn't sure about you, and that I needed to know about the living, I decided to kill him and spy you. It worked out even better when abhisk was semi-outted as probably the saver (but I almost convinced myself that he could be Matthias).

(you should see the flip-flopping I did trying to figure out the actions on night 2...I'm surprised Framm got it right in the end :))

I said practically. There was the chance you were the saver and were trying to get us to waste a kill attempt on you...it seemed you were begging to be targeted. I wanted to be sure...because if you weren't the indie I wanted to be sure who I was dealing with, as I was hoping to use you against slick during the day 2 lynch (which was thwarted a bit due to the fact that this spy was written in while our night one spy wasn't...wasn't expecting that). In addition, we were caught in a slight quandry, as a the time, we were going to lose chrispen (and our spy) before night 3. At first, I was going to spy and kill abhisk, but after some of GM's comments during the night cycle, and the fact I wasn't sure about you, and that I needed to know about the living, I decided to kill him and spy you. It worked out even better when abhisk was semi-outted as probably the saver (but I almost convinced myself that he could be Matthias).

(you should see the flip-flopping I did trying to figure out the actions on night 2...I'm surprised Framm got it right in the end :))

I am going to post the actions soon, if I can figure out how to post them and it not be confusing to read.

But about not posting the spy night one, but on night two, is that I could not figure out how to put it in and it not be somewhat confusing, at least when I read it. My writing skills are not that great :blush: .

Oh, and the title for the night 1 post, was supposed to be a subtle hint that the Ghost of Martin had spied.

I was convinced that Medji was Badrang, and had blocked himself. I wasn't ready to post the question if he could block himself however on the forum because the BTSC baddies would begin suspecting me about double crossing them. When I asked Framm about it and got told Yes, I jokingly told him he was a baddie and should be playing Mafia. Under the advice from Slick I had Cavenglock targeted as Ublaz Mad Eyes to see if could find out what flavor of baddie he was. If it worked the baddies would have need my help to win (and kept me alive), If it failed I could play dead and pretend I was cornflower (bit of a risk cause I was not sure if they were dead). What I was worried about was if you had blocked me, I would have claimed that I had been Frammd (intentional) but I don't think it would have stuck. I pretty much suspected I was dead once we lost Slick.

I am going to post the actions soon, if I can figure out how to post them and it not be confusing to read.

But about not posting the spy night one, but on night two, is that I could not figure out how to put it in and it not be somewhat confusing, at least when I read it. My writing skills are not that great :blush: .

Oh, and the title for the night 1 post, was supposed to be a subtle hint that the Ghost of Martin had spied.

Well, I'd just list each player's actions, then the results...it shouldn't be that confusing :)

Oh, that reminds me, the OP said that CP's spy should not have been posted, should it? I was under the impression that Gonff's spy was undetectable

I was convinced that Medji was Badrang, and had blocked himself. I wasn't ready to post the question if he could block himself however on the forum because the BTSC baddies would begin suspecting me about double crossing them. When I asked Framm about it and got told Yes, I jokingly told him he was a baddie and should be playing Mafia. Under the advice from Slick I had Cavenglock targeted as Ublaz Mad Eyes to see if could find out what flavor of baddie he was. If it worked the baddies would have need my help to win (and kept me alive), If it failed I could play dead and pretend I was cornflower (bit of a risk cause I was not sure if they were dead). What I was worried about was if you had blocked me, I would have claimed that I had been Frammd (intentional) but I don't think it would have stuck. I pretty much suspected I was dead once we lost Slick.

<chuckle> In my flipflopping I had almost blocked actress, since she was a pretty useless redirect on night two (the only real threat was from Matthias but i didn't figure she would be targeted by him)...But I was a bit wary about that because I thought someone may do like you do and think that the baddies had blocked themselves. Then I flipflopped to blocking GM again, just to not give any other goodie away. I really don't know why I blocked Medji in the end to tell the truth.

Here are the Actions

N1

Tpaxatb Block GM

Actressgirl Kill Onetruth, Vote Change Medji to CP

Chrispen Spy Onetruth

Cavenglok Passed

onetruth

GM Block Abhisk, but was Blocked

Abhisk Save Chrispen

Medji Made vote 2x

CP Spy Chrispen

Slick Spy Abhisk

Music/Phaze No Action

N2

Tpaxatb- Blocked Medji

Actressgirl- Diverted to Cavenglok, killed GM

Chrispen- Spied Phaze

Cavenglok- No Action

onetruth- Killed Night 1

GM- Attempted to block Slick, but was killed (may have messed up with this)

Abhisk- Saved Medji

Medji- Was Blocked

CP- lynched Day 1

Slick- Added to the night post

Music/Phaze- No Action Possible

N3

Tpaxatb-Blocked Cavenglok, killed Cavenglok

Actressgirl- Vote Change Phaze

Chrispen- Spied Medji

Cavenglok- No Action

onetruth-Killed Night 1

GM- Killed Night 2

Abhisk- Saved Medji

Medji- No Action

CP- Lynched Day 1

Slick- Lynched Day 2

Music/Phaze- Incorrectly RID Cavenglok

Also was this game unbalanced or was it that I just did not give enough information to help the goodies to ID the baddies?

Here are the Actions

N1

Tpaxatb Block GM

Actressgirl Kill Onetruth, Vote Change Medji to CP

Chrispen Spy Onetruth

Cavenglok Passed

onetruth

GM Block Abhisk, but was Blocked

Abhisk Save Chrispen

Medji Made vote 2x

CP Spy Chrispen

Slick Spy Abhisk

Music/Phaze No Action

N2

Tpaxatb- Blocked Medji

Actressgirl- Diverted to Cavenglok, killed GM

Chrispen- Spied Phaze

Cavenglok- No Action

onetruth- Killed Night 1

GM- Attempted to block Slick, but was killed (may have messed up with this)

Abhisk- Saved Medji

Medji- Was Blocked

CP- lynched Day 1

Slick- Added to the night post

Music/Phaze- No Action Possible

N3

Tpaxatb-Blocked Cavenglok, killed Cavenglok

Actressgirl- Vote Change Phaze

Chrispen- Spied Medji

Cavenglok- No Action

onetruth-Killed Night 1

GM- Killed Night 2

Abhisk- Saved Medji

Medji- No Action

CP- Lynched Day 1

Slick- Lynched Day 2

Music/Phaze- Incorrectly RID Cavenglok

Also was this game unbalanced or was it that I just did not give enough information to help the goodies to ID the baddies?

It wasn't balanced. I don't think you cut any baddie roles when you sliced the roster, did you?

Also, Phaze, you were very, very obviously not interested in the well being of the goodguys on day 1. That was 100% clear. You were either the indy or a baddie. I guessed baddie, but I was (only slightly) wrong. In addition, I had everyone pinned at the beginning of D2, but you were all so obsessed with following the indy's lead that there was really nothing I could do about it. I didn't say anything because I already knew going into the voting on D2 that the baddies had won. If it had been a close vote, I would have taken actressgirl out (assuming nobody changed my vote), and then we would have had a chance, but the game was decided by the D1 lynch. Which is why I said that it wasn't balanced.

It wasn't balanced. I don't think you cut any baddie roles when you sliced the roster, did you?

Also, Phaze, you were very, very obviously not interested in the well being of the goodguys on day 1. That was 100% clear. You were either the indy or a baddie. I guessed baddie, but I was (only slightly) wrong. In addition, I had everyone pinned at the beginning of D2, but you were all so obsessed with following the indy's lead that there was really nothing I could do about it. I didn't say anything because I already knew going into the voting on D2 that the baddies had won. If it had been a close vote, I would have taken actressgirl out (assuming nobody changed my vote), and then we would have had a chance, but the game was decided by the D1 lynch. Which is why I said that it wasn't balanced.

It wasn't exactly balanced for an Indy either. Mind you playing an Indy is supposed to be hard. You have to be very lucky to win night one, lucky to win night 3 and very lucky to make it to night 5. This is because there is only one guess per night with the only faction that did not have any means of spying apart from trial and error (which would be hard to do if you play dead).

Medji and if I was cornflower how would I have acted any differently?