Before you fall off track

All are in their place

Yet uncertainty presides

Careering to and fro

Alternately albeit en route

Still in the end you show

roller coaster

an electron?

hey chicory - a great guess and fit but not it. felt you were at a disadvantage with my last one as you haven't been around lately. have done several with the same format. this one's much more like you're used to from me.

Merry-Go-Round?

Comets, or Planets

hey Framm - not that. nor those, sorry.

Audio Cassette

well hello there Arronax - welcome to the Den. fine logic but not what I have in mind for this one. please give it another go. thanks

hey chicory - a great guess and fit but not it. felt you were at a disadvantage with my last one as you haven't been around lately. have done several with the same format. this one's much more like you're used to from me.

hey Framm - not that. nor those, sorry.

well hello there Arronax - welcome to the Den. fine logic but not what I have in mind for this one. please give it another go. thanks

a vcr tape? It "shows"

Scalextric

hey Ringer - at first no bells rung so guess it's not that. looked it up tho and it brought back fond memories and sense to your response. especially that "fall off track" bit. never had the discipline to slow down for the hairpins, myself.

a vcr tape? It "shows"

hey chic - your answer does indeed make some sense of the last line and much of the rest but there's still some chicanery there (not a hint just still thinking about Ringer's) and elsewhere yet to be parsed.

EDIT: fixed spelling error 'cause I'm just wired that way.

Edited by plainglazed

Around and round you go

Against the grain you race

All are in their place

Yet uncertainty presides

Careering to and fro

that game called "Mousetrap" where the marble rolled down a spiraling track and falls on a rube goldberg contraption that runs through its own maneuveurs and then a bell trap falls on a plastic mouse.

that game called "Mousetrap" where the marble rolled down a spiraling track and falls on a rube goldberg contraption that runs through its own maneuveurs and then a bell trap falls on a plastic mouse.

not that chicory but good guess

a horse? or race horse?

well, that's not it but will say when composing this one I had considered making it a "dancer" type riddle where each and every line describes two different answers. I recommend checking her's out. Decided to go with the other answer and intentionally leave in some the clues to yours (like the place and show but took out the win). Almost like plasmid's "I'm not a" types. Definitely check his out, too.

A Train ?

fraid not but understand and appreciate where you're coming from. thanks for coming back.

film, something related to a trial/jury, Heisenberg uncertainty principle ...

sorry t_l, nothing ducky above.

a seed spreader?

hey ther BlueFlameFis - usually abbreviate names but that would make you BFF and we're just meeting here for the first time. really like that answer. fits quite well. especially like how you worked the clues in the second line. still hopeful you'll agree in the end with my answer.

A record on a record player?

hey slyalys - another really well thought out response but gonna have to say not it. please take another spin. thanks

I keep looking at this one but can't come up with a good enough guess to post. But I have a sneaking suspicion that there's some wordplay involved. And I'm not certain that "you" always equals "you".

ah DD - the "you" is indeed the subject/target/answer throughout. as for the wordplay...

no comment.

Around and round you go

Against the grain you race

All are in their place

Yet uncertainty presides

Careering to and fro

harvester of wheat or souls?

abacus?