BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Cavenglok

Question

A man named James takes a trip in a hot air balloon. No one found him since... until now. Maddened by the lack of communication with civilization, all he mutters is "It was the phoenix! It was the burning phoenix! The hole! The falling balloon! It was the phoenix!" The next day he is shot and a note is found in his shirt pocket. It says, "The phoenix aims for whoever finds the note first in every victim. You will always find the note." You, Detective Brian Dennis, are to solve these three things;

-Who murdered James?

-How do we protect the note finders?

-What is the "Phoenix?"

You may interview with witnesses. You will be informed of the next note finder every time there is one. You may do actions as the detective. Good luck.

The first note finder is a woman by the name of Kristina, James' girlfriend. She used to live in New York with her boyfriend.

• Answers 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I agree. Talk to my wrist like I have a device on it, and say "BOMBS AWAY!"

If that doesn't work, I would run away and come back with backup, a warrant for probable cause, and a gun for myself if I don't have one preferably a hand gun to hide it from them.

Starting with Framm's original questions:

Nothing on the Phoenix of Four Wings.

The, of, wings. phoenix, four. Odd, even. The ____ of _____ wings. _____ phoenix ______ four ________. Plug it in. The phoenix of four wings.

Edward: For falling in love with his girlfriend.

You are by the building with a police squad, (and a warrant, since pennstate wants you to) and the two guards attack you again. You punch them in the face. You point your pistol at them. (does this answer pennstate's question?) You leave two of the twenty men to arrest the guards. The other seventeen follow you to the rooftop. You look at your wrist and call out, "Bombs Away!" A little pellet on the invisible protection of the safe starts beeping. There's a huge explosion that almost blows you off the rooftop. You silently thank your police trainer and crawl down. You use a radioactive scanner near the smoke, but come up with nothing. You stealthily rush to the safe. As soon as you enter, the safe door slams close. You're not getting out of there.

You open the safe using master300's combination. You crawl in. You are in a red room. There's a locked door on the other side, a key hanging from an unreachable roof, fifty gallons of water in a trapezoid, and another door leading to an ice storage. What do you do?

check out the ice storage, and see if there is anything in there to reach the key.

Is there any way to freeze the water and create a sort of tower out of the ice?

Yes, good idea.

Lets just make sure the door is propped open so we don't get stuck.

Yes, good idea.

Lets just make sure the door is propped open so we don't get stuck.

Ice storage is empty. Completely. No markings on walls or anything.

You drag the container into the ice storage. The water is relatively frozen almost immediately. You climb up the ramp and grab the key. You open the door and it opens to a noteboard. There are five other doors in the room. Each is marked with a number. The note says,

"There are five ways to die in here. Door #1 leads to men firing flamethrowers. Door #2 leads to a metal room wired with electricity. Door #3 is filled with toxic vat. Door #4 has sirens wailing noise so loud it brings instant death. Door #5 has men with AK-47s firing at you. Don't bother using electrical devices, there is no electricity and radio connection."

The walls are blank. There are those doors only in them. Which door will you go through?

Edited by Cavenglok

"There are five ways to die in here. Door #1 leads to men firing flamethrowers. Door #2 leads to a metal room wired with electricity. Door #3 is filled with toxic vat. Door #4 has sirens wailing noise so loud it brings instant death. Door #5 has men with AK-47s firing at you. Don't bother using electrical devices, there is no electricity and radio connection."

The walls are blank. There are those doors only in them. Which door will you go through?

If I read this right, go through door #2.

leave everything behind that is made of metal or an electrical conductor and go into room 2.

Is Brian Dennis a police officer in which he deals with really loud things? If so, like a township worker(who works with concret) should, he should have earplugs,. The ones that can block out a lot of sound. Normally, they come with a wire of some sort to connect the two earbuds.

If he has earbuds, go into rooom 4

Edited by pennstate2323

go into room 2. if there is no electricity, and it is an electric chair, then it should be safe.

Not an electric chair, but yes, all three of you are correct. You go through Door #2, preparing for the worst. However, you come across a door and another sign that says, "Good job."

You enter the door. There is nothing but a phone. You pick up the phone. The speaker says, "I drink the blood of the Earth, and the trees fear my roar, yet a man may hold me in his hands. Pick up the object I depict." The table the phone is on opens. There are three objects inside the table. A woodpecker in a cage, a chainsaw, and a bomb. Which object do you pick up?

Checkpoint.

leave everything behind that is made of metal or an electrical conductor and go into room 2.

Is Brian Dennis a police officer in which he deals with really loud things? If so, like a township worker(who works with concret) should, he should have earplugs,. The ones that can block out a lot of sound. Normally, they come with a wire of some sort to connect the two earbuds.

If he has earbuds, go into rooom 4

Erm... oh, well. You still survive. The point was that the voltage of the room was so high, it would zap you. However, there is no electricity here, so no 1,000,000 voltage would run through your legs. And no, Brian Dennis is an investigator. And no, he does not have earbuds. So that option is kinda out. ;) Sorry to rain on your parade. :(

Not an electric chair, but yes, all three of you are correct. You go through Door #2, preparing for the worst. However, you come across a door and another sign that says, "Good job."

You enter the door. There is nothing but a phone. You pick up the phone. The speaker says, "I drink the blood of the Earth, and the trees fear my roar, yet a man may hold me in his hands. Pick up the object I depict." The table the phone is on opens. There are three objects inside the table. A woodpecker in a cage, a chainsaw, and a bomb. Which object do you pick up?

Checkpoint.

chain saw?

Edited by pennstate2323

Sorry, must not have posted the explanation. Here it is.

The chainsaw starts beeping. You drop it in shock. Then one of the steel walls open to reveal a wooden panel. It says, "This wooden panel opens to your final doom." What do you do?

Don't forget that you can investigate.

Edited by Cavenglok