BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Can you find the famous phrase hidden in the text below?

LZBKYLDTLYLLBTILLLTRAD

This is a two part decryption. You'll use more than just the alphabet to find the answer.

It's a tough one, so I'll update with hints as appropriate.

19 answers to this question

The first thing I jumped at, was the triple letter formation, however, the wrods that I could find that would fit into this catagory and be consistent, made no sense with the pre and post lettering consistency. (ie, freeer, freeest, brr, etc...) With the repetition of the "L's" in the puzzle, I'm guessing at this being a vowel. I'm assuming it's a decode first, rearrange second type puzzle. But I think this is where I have gotten off track. Is any of this making sense yet to anyone else?

The first thing I jumped at, was the triple letter formation, however, the wrods that I could find that would fit into this catagory and be consistent, made no sense with the pre and post lettering consistency. (ie, freeer, freeest, brr, etc...) With the repetition of the "L's" in the puzzle, I'm guessing at this being a vowel. I'm assuming it's a decode first, rearrange second type puzzle. But I think this is where I have gotten off track. Is any of this making sense yet to anyone else?

It is not just a decode and rearrangement. That would use only the alphabet, correct? You'll need a few symbols (and probably a few more hints) before getting to the answer. You are onto something with the letter frequency of the code (though it is not as easy as 'L is a vowel'); I was limited in which letters I could use for the encryption.

Does it involve symbols beyond what we would find on an English keyboard (like Greek, Chinese, Roman, Mayan, Egyptian Hieroglyphics,...)?

wacko.gif

The symbols can be found on the keyboard. To elaborate on an earlier clue, do not cover all of the text with your paper... just enough for a fringe of the text to stick out.

The symbols can be found on the keyboard. To elaborate on an earlier clue, do not cover all of the text with your paper... just enough for a fringe of the text to stick out.

I'll have to resume work on it tomorrow.

On my last try, it looked like symbols from the Tomba script (used by the Naxi people in southern China).

The translation came out something like"Kill Bill?"

I'll have to resume work on it tomorrow.

On my last try, it looked like symbols from the Tomba script (used by the Naxi people in southern China).

The translation came out something like"Kill Bill?"

I was wondering how LIlyRose got that answer. Any resemblance to the Tomba script is purely coincidental.

was quite difficult without the spaces and it didnt help that I had copied and pasted to another program to work offline which changed the font and the letter I. Finally just plugged in the appropriate saying and voila.

Nice! You have to work for your meal around here.

Hi,

I've been watching this one for a while... we've tried everything including what was in the spoilers. I'm still interested in getting to the bottom of this. Could we perhaps have another hint?

Is there a significance with the 'L'?

Hi,

I've been watching this one for a while... we've tried everything including what was in the spoilers. I'm still interested in getting to the bottom of this. Could we perhaps have another hint?

Is there a significance with the 'L'?

Morse Code (read previous spoilers for additional help). That's the easy part. Determining the quote without spacing will be the hard part.

No significance of the L

Edited by ljb