BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Wheel of Time Mafia

Host / Co-Host: Medji / Sayalzah

Wheel of Time Mafia will be based on the late Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. These will be the final roles.

Goodies:

Rand al'Thor - (m) Dragon Reborn. Has a 25% chance to discover a clue about the Forsaken every DAY. Can block any player every night. Cannot die while Moiraine lives. Limited BTSC with Mat/Perrin.

Mat Cauthon - (m) Cannot be killed by Padan Fain. 50% chance to avoid death if targeted. 50% chance to reveal attacker. 50% chance to escape if captured. Limited BTSC with Rand/Perrin.

Perrin Aybara - (m) Can kill every even night. Spy every odd night. Cannot be fooled. Limited BTSC with Rand/Mat.

Moiraine Damodred - (f) Aes Sedai. BTSC with al'Lan Mandragoran.

al'Lan Mandragoran - (m) Warder. Can kill every night.

Egwene al'Vere - (f) Aes Sedai. Dreamer. Can know one target's actions. Can enter Tel'aran'rhiod every night. Knows who entered Tel'aran'rhiod that night.

Elayne Trakand - (f) Aes Sedai. Vote counts as x0, x1 or x2.

Elmindreda (Min) Farshaw - (f) Spy every night. 25% chance of not being fooled.

Nyneave al'Meara - (f) Aes Sedai. Can save on person from death every night.

Aviendha - (f) Aes Sedai. Dreamer. Can block an Aes Sedai every night.

Elaida a'Roihan - (f) Amyrlin Seat. Aes Sedai. View target's actions odd nights. Capture player even days.

Indies:

Padan Fain - (m) Must kill each night.

Pedron Niall - (m) Capture each day. 50% chance to learn role. Cannot be fooled. Aes Sedai killed if Pedron Niall learns their role in this way.

Forsaken:

Father of Lies - (m) Dreamer. Cannot exit Tel'aran'rhiod. Can resurrect one Forsaken every 3rd night. That player's resurrection is not revealed until they take an action. Limit three.

Nae'blis - (m) Aes Sedai. Change one player's target each night.

Aran'gar - (f) Aes Sedai. Dreamer. Know one player's actions each night.

Osan'gar - (m) Aes Sedai. Dreamer. Can kill every odd night.

Mesaana - (f) Aes Sedai. Dreamer. Make player appear good / bad.

Special Abilities:

Aes Sedai:

Aes Sedai have the ability to weave. Any Aes Sedai targeted by an Aes Sedai will know that an Aes Sedai has targeted her, but not who. All Aes Sedai (Goodies and Forsaken) have BTSC with each other.

Dreamer:

Dreamers have the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod. Any Dreamer who enters Tel'aran'rhiod during the night cannot be targeted that night except by Rand, Egwene, Perrin and the Father of Lies. Dreamers may not be in Tel'aran'rhiod more than one night in a row, except Egwene. Use of the Dreamer ability negates a player's other abilities for the night.

Tel'aran'rhiod:

The world of dreams. Any player in Tel'aran'rhiod cannot be effected by a player outside Tel'aran'rhiod. The Father of Lies can only effect Tel'aran'rhiod. The Dragon Reborn and Perrin can effect players inside Tel'aran'rhiod.

Warder:

Warders are the personal bodyguards of Aes Sedai. When Moiraine Damodred dies, al'Lan Mandragoran is bonded by Nyneave al'Meara, if both still live. Nyneave and Lan gain BTSC. When Nyneave al'Meara dies, her attacker and al'Lan Mandragoran die if they are bonded.

Limited BTSC:

Rand, Mat and Perrin have a limited form of BTSC. The host will decide what information will be communicated between the three, and will PM each of them with a dream that the others have that indicate some clue as to what the others were up to that night.

Wincon:

Goodies: Kill all Forsaken and Padan Fain.

Forsaken: Kill all players. Padan Fain may remain alive.

Padan Fain: Kill Dragon Reborn, Father of Lies and Nae'blis. Survive.

Pedron Niall: Kill every Aes Sedai, Father of Lies and Padan Fain.

1) Izzy

2) Crazypainter

3) Slick

4) BlackCat1313

5) P4P

6) woon

7) tpaxatb

8) Abhisk

9) Clozo

10) GMaster479

11) Framm

12) Music

13) Onetruth

14) Magic

15) JarZe

16) chrispen

17) twoaday

18) LIS

Backups:

1) twin_bro

2)

3)

4)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prelude - A Sinister Plot:

Aran'gar was lounging on a rather overlarge chair when Osan'gar came in. Her eyes widened at the sight of him, as did his for her. Apparently they had both thought this to be a private meeting. They turned together to watch as a gateway appeared in the middle of the room and Mesaana stepped out. So, she was involved too. Aran'gar wondered what it could be that Moridin wanted with the three of them.

As if thinking his name was a summons, the Nae'blis stalked out of one of the tunnels leading elsewhere in Tel'aran'rhiod, the skulls that made up the cobble crunching under his feet. Aran'gar dropped to her knees quickly, and was somewhat mollified to see that the other two knelt down just as quickly as she. She *would* be Nae'blis one day, and then this overlarge Myrddral would kneel to her.

"Rise." It was a single word, but it held all of the command and authority that the Father of Lies had entrusted the man with. She rose, playing the part. "The Great Lord has decided that the time to act has come. We are to assault the Aes Sedai and the Dragon Reborn, and we are to leave no survivors. We four have been entrusted this great honour. I trust you will not fail in this task." The saa fairly flew across his eyes as he looked at each of them in turn. "Go back to your palaces and your armies. The time for invasion is not yet. We must strike down the leaders, the most powerful of them first. Disguise yourselves however you wish, but they must die."

As Aran'gar stepped through her gateway, she contemplated the words of the Nae'blis. She knew just how she would start...

Egwene woke with a start. Rand and the White Tower were in trouble! The Forsaken were going to try to assassinate them and then invade the world! She kicked out of bed and donned the stole of the Amyrlin Seat. She was going to have to convene the Sitters, and make peace with Elaida. The White Tower could not face this threat divided.

Pedron Niall sighed as he let the latest report fall. All of his efforts were working out well, but one was starting to lag. He would have to focus all of his attention on those witches from Tar Valon. They were starting to grow in numbers again, and the Light only knew what those Darkfriends would do when they were numerous enough to overpower the armies of the land.

Padan Fain watched as the housewife's feet and hands beat against the floor in helpless agony, her throat too tightly constricted to scream, and finally she collapsed. It was almost an art, just nicking them enough for the venom of Shadar Logoth to take them, but not enough to make it quick. It was enough, almost, to make him forget. Suddenly the al'Thor boy's face loomed in his mind, and hatred overtook him. He slammed the dagger through the heart of the man who had just watched his wife die, killing him instantly. Almost, he regretted it. Almost, he thought he could have enjoyed the death. But no, he would not be satisfied until that boy was dead at his feet. He could not rest until his task was done. Fain skulked out of the farmhouse into the night, leaving the bodies to be found later. He could still feel the pull of the boy, leading him onward, onward to his destiny. One way or another, he would kill Rand al'Thor.

Night One begins now, Night One and Day One will be extended as we start up, then we will go to 24 hour cycles. To restate:

Inactivity means n^2 votes being applied to you each day.

Tie votes will result in n-1 players being lynched, determined by random.org.

1) Izzy

2) Crazypainter

3) Slick

4) BlackCat1313

5) P4P

6) woon twin_bro

7) tpaxatb

8) Abhisk

9) Clozo

10) GMaster479

11) Framm

12) Music

13) Onetruth

14) Magic

15) JarZe

16) chrispen

17) twoaday

18) LIS

I sent you the conversation.

I heard a couple days ago that LIS may be having computer troubles, and might not be around much. I find it so hard to believe that all 18 are ready and willing to begin at this time but, I see you'll be killing them off first. I'll be as active as possible. It seems very adventurous so far. My only quirk is that I can't pronounce the names so they will stick in my head. Okay, enough yappin' from me and let's play y'all.biggrin.gif

Why couldn't they have used normal names??? I can't keep my own straight (I already had to look 3 times to remember who I was) and now...spreadsheet here i come.

Anyway, is the cycle just being extended until all night actions are in, or is there a hard deadline to the extension???

Looks like I need to get to a pc soon. I can't make a spreadsheet from my phone.

Onetruth, you have no room for messages. If you aren't able to send and receive private messages, you'll have to be replaced.

Anyway, is the cycle just being extended until all night actions are in, or is there a hard deadline to the extension???

I am trying to give everyone a chance to get their action in, but I am moving ahead at 0500 PST on the 17th. That means just over 31 hours tops. Anyone that hasn't responded by then will be replaced by those who become the unfortunate casualties of night one.

If I'm correct,we're only waiting on P4P right? So in about 12 hours if he doesn't come on, then will he be replaced by the people that died on Night 1? Also, goodies,our main worries are Padan Fain, Pedron Niall, and Aran'gar(or whoever the baddie kill is), so we should try to get them first.

I'm glad to see a deadline to eliminate inactivity. We waited toooo long just to begin this game. I cannot sympathize and if it should happen to me, I expect the same treatment. There's alot of other games coming up and would hate for them to be delayed.

Abhisk has a good point I suppose, re: who to eliminate first. Are there any other comments to be shared while we wait for 0600 MST, my time.huh.gif