Rational Root

plainglazed

Question

Quota/ Quote/Quotient/Tell?

Source/Enlightenmenet/Heading?

Encore/Divisive/Divine/Derivative?

Bermuda Triangle?

Hope the next guesser does better for you.. :blush:

hello my good man - no need for self-deprecation. your responses are always well thought out but this time, for a change, just not the answer. More and more I'm liking this one and the seeming contradictions. Am confident you'll find this one fair and sensical when solved. Feel I should be patient with regards to hints. Will say I dont think the title will help that much in solving but should make sense in the end.

an atomic bomb?

hello TwoaDay - I reread the riddle with your answer in mind and definitely see where you're coming from, on several fronts, but not the answer I have in mind.

Hi. This going to sound really weird, but is it

silence? (Settle down to find it, spoken about but not acted upon-if you speak about it, you're not doing it.)

Hi to you. Not weird at all. Really like the reasoning. Have something different in mind though. Please keep at it.

I'm thinking pulse or heartrate. doesnt really fit the last stanza though

Hey SR - 'fraid your right and skipped a beat with that last stanza. please take another stab.

Infinitive?

hey hey sim - not that.

Okay, cant resist

This one is the same format as three of the last four I've done (not the letter A riddle Wilson so easily foiled)

on a nautical theme here...

first part has me thinking about primes or priming a pump...

second maybe balance...

but then the last makes me think factor, which goes back to primes... and also ties with the title

:blink:

Hey dD - 'fraid none of those. been a long time... so even though it looks like you know, gonna take this opportunity to state the format: couplet one + couplet two = couplet three. please keep floatin' those thoughts.

theory...??? algebra...???

neither, EDM. come back soon.

Shallots?

How d'ya like dem onions?

Fingers crossed they're to your taste. :lol:

ah yes, delicious. you've brought a tear to my eye. *sniff sniff* regrettably, no.

1st couplet -> quo

2nd couple -> tent

So grant me one more, set apart from the rest -> i

all together ->quotient?

Can't think of anything good for the 2 couplets so I tried to work backwards from the title...

Hey DD - nice device but you've divided too many times for this one. math plays only a very minor role and still dont think the title will lead you to the answer. the title's connection will hopefully, yeah, it should be recognizable in the end.