BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

First off, I have to choose a topic. The assignment that I have been assigned is to create a "How-to" Manual that is "Travel" inspired. This isn't really a practical or serious assignment; it must, however, include a minimum of 5 steps, have the ability of problems occurring, and the uniqueness that causes it to have never been made.

ie: "How to protect yourself for swindlers;" this example is less broad, and so someone would not usually specify the danger as "swindlers;" the process and purpose of the example is as follows: "This manual is imperative in order to protect yourself when traveling. Its purpose is to teach you how to avoid becoming the victim of swindlers so you can enjoy your travels safely and comfortably. The steps in this manual are set up to clearly demonstrate ..."

I rarely travel, and so I am quite lost about creating the topic. Please help me come up with an idea!

While eavesdropping on my other classmates' topics, I overheard their topics being of "picking-up [insert ethnicity] chicks;" oh brother. My teacher chuckled and approved, so I guess the topic is less important than the content.

7 answers to this question

How to make money whilst on vacation? Particularly useful if you're spending the summer backpacking through a foreign country on a college-student salary.

Oh, worth mentioning. I know a dude who wrote his EE, his information and everything was entirely original, but his thesis was plagiarize. Honor code followed and he didn't get his degree because the EE is the largest component of it. Make sure to reword if you're using anything you find online, turnitin.com is a dog.

Hey Jonn - Had been trying to think of topics that could go serious or silly or both. The uniqueness qualification had me thinking that funnier might be easier but these could go either way - how to ease the hassle of airport security - or - how to identify an in flight security marshall - or - what onboard reading material makes for the best jet lag cure - or - how to dismantle the bathroom smoke detector - or - Okay, really, maybe anything to do with jet lag or security maybe with a unsuspecting twist. Seem to be two common travel nags these days with lots of opportunity for your topic. Good luck -pg

More suggestions

"How to pack efficiently"

"How to avoid the 3 oz. liquid limit"

"How to find the best air fare"

"Alternatives to paying high air fare"

"How to eat inexpensively while on vacation"

"How to find the best local restaurants"

"How to avoid expensive cab fare"

There is an infinite number of potential topics that can either be serious or humerous.

"How to spot a [insert threat]" ie pickpocket, mugger, ripoff artist

"How to negotiate/bargain/haggle"

"How to navigate [insert mass transit terminal]" ie Heathrow, Grand Central Station, Taxquena