BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

well some have the first answer, for non-believers.... but no one has the other answer... feel very free to put your own opinion... i would like to hear what some people happen to think about this question.. and i realize that this sounds a little bit wierd.. later or tomorrow... ohh wait... no school monday, and i don't have school on fridays... well i might answer this in my own opinion soon, if not soon, then on tuesday, the 19th or 20th

sure why not.... well for those who don't believe or their heart isn't open, it is believed that

nothing... plain and simple, because you simply don't care.

and for those who do care, or have open hearts, it is believed that

you will find more people like you, whom have open hearts, and are looking for the door to heaven. they haven't found it(the door) yet because they can't do it by themselves... life is a team effort, and so is death.

i have included these spoilers for those who don't wish to see the answers just yet. have fun, and don't forget to reply with your comment!

EDIT: Also i would like to add that i hope the den gets fixed soon... it's starting to worry me...

Edited by chrispen

sure why not.... well for those who don't believe or their heart isn't open, it is believed that

nothing... plain and simple, because you simply don't care.

Your team-effort answer is cute (not meant to sound patronizing), however, those of us who choose not to believe do so because we prefer a rational outlook on life that focuses on evidence and empirical data, it has nothing to do with not caring.

:)

Is everything behind the door simultaneously? So.. if I want a pet zebra but my friend is allergic to zebras and wants some cat food (that I can't stand the smell of) instead, will they be in the same area, or are there different doors? In which case, wouldn't finding people like yourself be impossible because of the different doors? Or, do only the people that want the same thing meet by the same door? In which case, that's a lonely world, which I wouldn't want, so that wouldn't be my door, but only people that think the same way would be behind that door. Eugh, paradox.

if you want it, then you get it... and to Izzy, nothing you don't want will not be behind it, because you will be going alone, and you control what you want... you can think you want your friend, and you will get it, but not your real friend, just a figment of your friend. he/she will not be susceptible to death, allergies, sickness.... you name it, you got it. if you want to be sick, then it's your fault that your sick, not anyone else... and if you want this to be an unexpected tiger, then so be it, octopuppy! and i think i will have a treasure chest too.... but not full of coins and jewels, but full of books!!!

EDIT: i made a mistake... i meant to say "nothing you don't want won't be behind the door...

Edited by chrispen

if you want it, then you get it... and to Izzy, nothing you don't want will not be behind it, because you will be going alone, and you control what you want... you can think you want your friend, and you will get it, but not your real friend, just a figment of your friend. he/she will not be susceptible to death, allergies, sickness.... you name it, you got it. if you want to be sick, then it's your fault that your sick, not anyone else... and if you want this to be an unexpected tiger, then so be it, octopuppy!

How's it going to be unexpected? You've blown the surprise now.

How's it going to be unexpected? You've blown the surprise now.

Thus proving that it will be unexpected, since it can't logically be there! :duh::lol:

if you want it, then you get it... and to Izzy, nothing you don't want will not be behind it, because you will be going alone, and you control what you want... you can think you want your friend, and you will get it, but not your real friend, just a figment of your friend. he/she will not be susceptible to death, allergies, sickness.... you name it, you got it. if you want to be sick, then it's your fault that your sick, not anyone else... and if you want this to be an unexpected tiger, then so be it, octopuppy! and i think i will have a treasure chest too.... but not full of coins and jewels, but full of books!!!

EDIT: i made a mistake... i meant to say "nothing you don't want won't be behind the door...

What if I wanted my real friends behind the door, and not the Stepford variety suggested to be there? :wacko: They might not appreciate it, but apparently I'm allowed to make my own reality behind the door, so why should I care? (Of course I wouldn't actually want to be a pain to my friends, but where should we draw the line? :rolleyes: )

Dawh beat me too it. I don't even want an exact copy of my real friends, I want my REAL friends. Nor do I want my real friends to be victim to any inconvenience, in ANY dimension (in case you try pulling some multi-verse stuff on me).

It seems like a nice fairy tale, though. :thumbsup:

What if you wanted to be reborn? Would the door grant you an endless cycle of reincarnation? Or how about wanting all these changes to the world, to do things you think will help people. Surely, others will have such a desire, so what will the world become? But while wanting these things, your overall want it to not live in a hallucinatory state where nothing is real.

Edited by Izzy

hmmm.... i am going to have to mull this over... but to octopuppy, you could consciously not want the tiger to be behind the door because it wouldn't be a surprise, but then in your sub-conscience you really do want it (with-out knowing it) and when you open the door, [POOF] The Tiger Appears! [/POOF]