9. Medji - killed by Wood Shop

10. Abhisk - lynched and found to be Health

11. Slick- Marth

12. Clozo - voting for Marth

13. tpaxatb - killed by the Baddies

14. Moosh - killed by the Baddies

15. Zerep

16. Magic

If you are who you say you are, then you will could still be helpful to us goodies (if you are telling the truth that is :dry: ).

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't decide on where to put my vote. I have my guesses as to what roles are left.. and who they belong to as well, some more certain than others. But it's always so hard making a decision, *especially at night when it feels like I don't have much control over what I'll do that night. Hmm, Slick has always had a dirty trail of picking goodies for the lynch, it's very suspicious. I'll change my vote if anything worthwhile comes up.

1. Framm18- voting for Marth

2. p4p - Lynched and found to be Wood Shop

3. Crazypainter - lynched and found to be Theater

4. Izzy - killed by the Baddies

5. Marth - Voting for Slick

6. DudleyDude - lynched and found to be Science

7. EDM - killed by the Baddies

8. sayalzah - killed by CP

9. Medji - killed by Wood Shop

10. Abhisk - lynched and found to be Health

11. Slick- Marth

12. Clozo - voting for Marth

13. tpaxatb - killed by the Baddies

14. Moosh - killed by the Baddies

15. Zerep Voting for Slick

16. Magic

Some clarification on Marth would be nice. :)

If you are who you say you are, then you will could still be helpful to us goodies (if you are telling the truth that is :dry: ).

Then you must not be reading my post. The only power I have now is to vote (and any loss of voting power at this point would be bad). My ability is completely useless as I technically have no power after the vote that lynched p4p :dry:

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Day 5: School's Out FOREVER

As exams were finishing up around the high school the teachers all were happy the semester had finally ended. The school was ready to make it's final decisions. After a quick discussion Framm, Slick and Clozo made it their mission to oust the final baddie and they had decided it was Marth. He claimed to be simply a vote and it was true. With no keys to all the fun weapons he was easily tossed aside. Framm Slick and Clozo all hoisted Marth out the door as he was found to be Metal Shop. Marth was gone. The door had shut and the second it did...

-------------------------------G

End of Day 5

-------------------------------G

Night 6: Sign Language

Slick turned his eyes straight for Clozo. Pulling out a rapier he started chasing Clozo down the hallway. Running like mad she tried to gain access to the computers in the school but as she turned the corner Magic shot her down.

"Muy bien Magic" said Slick. "Los otros estan muertos."

Flying through the school at a rampant pace, Slick turned on his baddie buddy Framm and stabbed him with his sword while Magic flew at Zerep and took him out.

The students came to school on Monday and saw this notice posted on the door:

"Attention all students...

Welcome to Crosser Magnet High School. This is now an international school where students from all over take all their classes in a variety of languages and learn how to be global entrepreneurs. Therefore, you have all been transferred to another high school, but may apply for admission next year. If you would like to pay your respects to your administrators and teachers, there will be a funeral held in the dumpster outside the school tomorrow. I suggest bringing noseplugs.

Sincerely,

Dr. Slick and Ms. Magic

The school went on to be an amazing success and High School's all around the country admired it.

-------------------------------------G

The End

1. Framm18 - Dance

2. p4p – Wood Shop

3. Crazypainter - Theatre

4. Izzy – Social Studies

5. Marth – Metal Shop

6. DudleyDude - Science

7. EDM - English

8. Sayalzah - Art

9. Medji - Music

10. Abhisk - Health

11. Slick - Languages

12. Clozo - Technology

13. Tpaxatb – P.E

14. Moosh - Math

15. Zerep – Honors Program

16. Magic – Special Ed.

Different font denotes Indies. They had 1 RID Kill attempt per night.

FINAL RESULT: INDIE WIN

I'll have a summary of actions and funny things and things i screwed up on and stuff up as soon as my internet connection gets better.

Sorry, Medji and Sayalzah. I miscalculated the numbers it appears.

Slick, how could you? :angry::lol:

Edit: Better yet, I think that I misread the wincon for the Indies. Still thought that they were not in the majority and I was going to try and kill Magic tonight, and then try and get rid of the other two during the lynch.

Edited by Framm 18

So, we've ended another awesome series on BrainDen Mafia. We've been through many Mafiosos, many schools, students, teachers and more. I've enjoyed doing this a lot and this one was fun.

Inactivity wasn't too big of a problem overall. I'm usually fine with a little and I had replacements ready if someone didn't come on over a span of 48 hours.

On Night 1 Zerep was DIVERTED by Slick. Zerep got a block and chose to use it on CP. The way I would've written it out had the Baddies not diverted him was that CP stopped the block but couldn't stop the kill.

I realize now I should've specified that Theatre would've only countered one action per night. Also I should've given Metal Shop something to do other than RID.

On Night 3, there was a big problem I ran into.

CLOZO wanted to block SLICK

SLICK wanted to divert TPAXATB TO Zerep

TPAXATB wanted to trap CLOZO.

At first I went with Clozo's block having priority and therefore Tpax would trap clozo. But then Slick would've diverted Tpax leaving clozo free to block slick :wacko: . I decided on the trap taking priority and trapping both of them to make it make sense. It worked out bad for the Goodies but it happened.

A few things the goodies could've done:

-tpaxatb had me figured out. He got the colors and with a little help how the Indy was being worked out. When I ORIGINALLY made this game Dance Art and Music were supposed to be the Baddies and Languages and Music were supposed to be Indy. However I expanded the game and had to change which roles were going to be which. So I went out of the box and went with Languages. Unfortunately he got confused and eventually killed before he could figure it out.

-I GAVE you guys Framm on Day 3. He should've been lynched but somehow got his way out of it. I was so amazed he didn't go. I tried to make it seem like he was Dance, the only obviously baddie role. I think too much arguing and confusion got the better of you guys.

-P4P should've made it obvious who he was. The goodies biggest weapon was having Marth find him and abhisk saving them as long as he could. P4P nailed Medji and probably would've had Framm too. Unfortunately Marth was shooting in the dark and P4P wasn't active enough to make full use of his role despite causing the death of one of the baddies.

The balance was good, but I feel there were 2 factors in why an independent faction won YET AGAIN in High School Mafia 3.

- I think Slick played this perfectly. As soon as I gave him permission he outed himself to the other Baddies as an "indy spy" and said he had BTSC with Special Ed. He got them to believe he was on their side and that he could help out using Magic's inactiveness and his role and pull over there to do something. He got Magic to vote when necessary and never gave away that he had figured out most of the roles with the Baddies.

Also, the Indy faction was never seen as a threat. I would've revealed that they were an indy in the lynch or at least hinted at it. I mean Magic was never there and Slick had a solid plan to keep quiet. I never revealed to Magic that Slick was Bad but if she had figured it out she could've been more suspicious which would've made their decisions harder.

So this series is over. It has been successful 3 times now and I believe my hosting style is good but I need to look at balance. Indies have a pretty big advantage having won all 3 HSM's (and Mario Mafia) in some way. Sometimes it was good play, other times it was pure luck, but I don't think that should happen. I will work on this but I do have one question for everyone who played and even the many on-lookers.

Was it interesting having the factions hidden? Who does it benefit? Can anyone do it? Strategies for when it happens?

I want feedback because this was uncharted territory as far as I know and need to know whether someone else can make it happen or whether people thought it didn't work out.

Thanks,

GMaster

Edited by Gmaster479

-I GAVE you guys Framm on Day 3. He should've been lynched but somehow got his way out of it. I was so amazed he didn't go. I tried to make it seem like he was Dance, the only obviously baddie role. I think too much arguing and confusion got the better of you guys.

Don't forget that P4P was dead no matter what after Slick changed his vote to him.

Don't know how I lucked out of that one.

- I think Slick played this perfectly. As soon as I gave him permission he outed himself to the other Baddies as an "indy spy" and said he had BTSC with Special Ed. He got them to believe he was on their side and that he could help out using Magic's inactiveness and his role and pull over there to do something. He got Magic to vote when necessary and never gave away that he had figured out most of the roles with the Baddies.

Like I said, I was going to try and take care of Magic tonight, then use my ability to try and get rid of the other two.

Just misread the wincon or I would have insisted on getting rid of Magic earlier. Oh well, that is how it goes.

Clozo was a good little indirect baddie for most of the game. B)) We had her block for us, almost every night after we lost Sayalzah.

woah o.o All my first baddie guesses were right >.< damnit.

Wouldn't have done much good. You were a baddie, although you didn't know it, from D1 onward. The one thing that I regretted was not thinking out the N3 actions fully on my side. If I had, and if I had looked carefully at my own ability, then I would have prevented my own death. I was going to find out who was wood shop and lead metal shop to him by the nose, and then use their abilities to kill two goodies per night. tpax/zerep, then magic/clozo, then p4p/slick.

Oh, and @Gmaster: tpaxatb wasn't the one that figured out the layout. I was.

Edited by Medji

Well, great game guys! Nice job slick, you were definitley the best. After I got lynched, I asked GM for the roles and all so I found everything out. I was surprised to find Slick=baddie and indy, when i thought he was a sure goodie. @GM, I like this style of playing, but I agree with you that metal shop barely got to do anything. I always wondered what would happen to Metal shop if Wood Shop died, but I never got round to asking before I died.

wow......i really liked this one....the whole 'factions not revealed' thing was a wonderful extra for this game......It made the game more challenging, i feel.... :D

even finding out who the baddies were, i had to try and save the goodies......too bad the indies got in the way....but it was a good twist to the game...

i especially liked the part where i got killed......just as i was about to kick Framm out.......perfect!!! :D :D

this was overall a great game!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S: next time, i want to be a baddie...... ;):D

And also...This style of play is VERY difficult for the goodies. When we have absolutely NO idea who the baddies are AND no idea if we lynch a baddie, we're completely in the dark about almost everything. Now if one of the other is chosen (No telling who the baddies are OR if one is lynched) then I can say it's better...but not both at the same time that makes things nearly impossible.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Well.

Medji was the one that came up with the baddie-indie tie-off, not I...

I was caught in a quandry on the night I was killed. I tried to block the kill rather than attempting to save. Unfortunately I chose wrong; I trapped the wrong baddie. I figured that it would have been better for me to try trapping the baddie rather than the goodie for a couple reasons:

1) I couldn't figure whether DD would be targeted for the kill or I would be.

2) I thought it was better for the baddies to lose a vote rather than the goodies.

At the time, I had slick and framm as the two baddies, with clozo (not magic) as a baddie-indie. Slick was on my radar from the point he purposely tied the vote (edit: and also the time he claimed that p4p was dance. That was just too ridiculous, even for him!)....and clozo was just acting....like clozo :D

I flipped a coin, and tried blocking framm and not slick <sigh>.

In retrospect, I made the wrong choice, considering how the votes were going. After thinking about it after my horrible death, I realized that DD was being set up for the lynch, and I should have tried to save myself.

Framm should have gone, especially after p4p outted himself as the kill role. The one time inactivity killed us, literally. Marth was needed for that vote, I'm sure he would have broken the tie easily. EDM didn't vote either. I had to out myself with revealing the double trap results, but it was too much...But I'm thinking that if P4P hadn't been lynched, there was a problem anyway. I probably would have tried to save him with a trap, thus preventing him from killing, and marth from finding him. In addition, since we didn't know about the unstoppable indie RID kill, the trap would have failed, and all I would have done was succeeded in wasting my trap, blocking our kill, and leaving everyone else open for attack from the *baddie* kill.

GM confused the heck out of me with my double trap. That's why I thought clozo was the indie; I thought that the indie hidden ability was to be able to copy actions targeted to them to someone else (kinda like a modified theatre role). I don't know how else GM could have gotten out of that...but needless to say it was confusing.

I was shooting in the dark with my comments about the night 2 killer being the baddie/indie. I saw them as a threat but at the time I had a 3 baddie count, not 2....i had thought that medji was the non-baddie indie. I was trying to see whether I could get two of my baddie suspects to go after the third. Obviously, since there were only two baddies left, that wasn't going to work (which led to my desperate attempt to remind the baddie of the indie threat before my death).

The indies had a huge advantage in this game - they had all the information, and the goodies had NONE. I don't think the goodies had much of a chance...especially with one of the indies in the baddie faction...there wasn't much information that could be obtained by the goodies during the cycles. I think that maybe the secret indie ability was too much...there wasn't enough worry by either the baddies or the goodies about the indies. If the RID kill was made public, I think the game probably could have been more balanced (it's *SUPPOSED* to be very difficult for the indie faction to win)...I'm assuming that the RID kill wasn't allowed to be able to be used on the baddies...

PS. Did anyone else see the irony in that I had the exact same role ability as in HSM2...and that while I was a nerd last time, I was the complete opposite (PE) this time?

Edited by tpaxatb

One more thing:

I'm not sure it happened, but I think that if you are not going to reveal factions, that power playing BTSC roles is not allowed. In fact, it would be interesting where the baddies must submit their own individual (non-group kill) actions in a separate private thread, hidden from the other baddies, so that the others wouldn't know what they REALLY did. Especially in this case, where the indie-baddie knew exactly everything that the others were doing and could plan the indie actions accordingly.

Well I realized it was difficult for the goodies tpax. They had a 4 v. 12 advantage. The RID kill was going to be made public but Slick intentionally got it wrong to not draw out his power. The RID kill could have been used on the baddies if Slick wanted that to happen. I think one or the other is a good idea. Either no factions and revealing or not revealing with factions would be good. This game was winnable for every faction, but I agree I seem to give indies a better shot than usual. I remember that Medji figured out the baddie indie thing but tpaxatb referenced the 4 colors. This game was fun though. I'll keep all of this is mind when I start a new "series"

One more more thing:

I think both DD and I were messed up on the first lynch with the fine arts departments were the baddies (and 3 of the 4 *WERE*). I'm thinking that DD was told that Sayal was Art, and it was obvious that CP was theatre. When you realize that there is a divert, you can see how easy it is to come to the conclusion that the divert role could have diverted Sayal to CP, thus causing a baddie friendly fire incident. Sorry about that CP, but if you look at it, it makes a lot of sense, even though the odds at the start of the game are fairly long against that. I was looking for languages to hint whether or not he did divert sayal to CP, (that's what I meant by I'm looking for a particular role to hint at what their action was). I *think* DD picked up on that, and from DD's comments I figured he was probably Science and knew Sayal's actual role. Funny thing though is that languages WAS a baddie! (Slick or any of the other baddies could have taken *way* more advantage of that though...I'm surprised they didn't).

Great game. I figured it was going down hill. I knew framm was Dance, but I couldn't decide if he was the indy or a baddie. Ahh, oh well. Slick did a great job at his role. And the roles couldn't have been more interesting. All in all , still an awesome game!

Well...that was a game I was not really a part of. But it was interesting. I dont think I liked the hidden baddie/goodie concept. But I did like being theater and getting to ham it up! This is the first time I actually tried to play as the role.

Curious, I wonder why the baddies went for me. What was it that I did? I am not mad believe me, Just wondering about a tactical play.

Bravo Slick!!! Color me impressed! Up for a Newcastle? I think we owe each other a few!

Edited by crazypainter

I didnt want to give up my role because i thought i would get lynched imediatley(sorry marth :( ) i also had no way to prove i was wood. Then the baddies would say "dont threaten" or something similar and i would be dead.

I tried to save you p4p, but it was next to impossible.

We had 2 people not voting and 2 of the votes against framm not counting. The three votes against you weren't going to change (the final vote was the three baddies voting for you). So it came down to a coin flip.

I had originally thought that Marth was wood shop, and that the night before marth had been found by metal (which was why I made the comment that woodshop should have been found by metal). Then you can see where I realized that you had pretty much outted yourself as wood shop (which I was really angry at you about, by the way because it probably would have forced me to play a certain way...) and corrected myself. but regardless, unless marth and/or edm had come on to break the tie (which I said was going to happen after realizing who you were), we had 50% chance of losing you due to the tie. I think that that particular lynch was the turning point in the game...