BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

23 answers to this question

Hi there, am a little new to the website.

Anyway I'm going to have a go ...

Are we talking about pollution or acid rain?

Oxides and other pollutants, because you cant see it you dont know where they'll be.

But if the quantity grows, it becomes toxic and harmful.

Although its not painful it is rough and can cause acid rain.

Assuming hard rain implies acid rain ...

Edited by Cruella

Hi there, am a little new to the website.

Anyway I'm going to have a go ...

Are we talking about pollution or acid rain?

Oxides and other pollutants, because you cant see it you dont know where they'll be.

But if the quantity grows, it becomes toxic and harmful.

Although its not painful it is rough and can cause acid rain.

Assuming hard rain implies acid rain ...

Welcome to the site. That is a very good and thought out guess. Unfortunately it's not what I'm looking for. You did seem to grasp the meaning behind most of the lines though.

let's try...

rain as a metaphor= the bad things that happen in this world, sin, the wrongs we notice as our eyes grow into adulthood.

And if not, then...

maybe a derecho ....

EDIT: added another spoilerbiggrin.gif

Edited by Juskiknback

tropical storm, or a tornado or even a micro burst???

Maybe,

You got it with the second guess. Good job.

Tornado

You never know, just where I'll be - You never know with much accuracy just where a tornado is going to form

And when I grow, it's best to flee - When it's growing and moving toward touchdown, it's best to get out of dodge

For I am tough, and without pain - Obviously a tornado is tough. The without pain part was just a little hint that it's not a living thing

And when I'm rough, I bring hard rain - Pretty nasty tornadoes are usually preceded by hail, ie hard rain

Shake, I guess I can give you partial credit with your first guess as it fits perfectly with everything except maybe the first line.

Hey Wood, no guess YET, just wanted to say "I've seen a riddle similar to this style called KNOWN but UNSEEN, or something like that, I hope this one is easier. :blink::rolleyes:

Hey hambone. No, luckily this one didn't drive anyone to an asylum.

You got it with the second guess. Good job.

Tornado

You never know, just where I'll be - You never know with much accuracy just where a tornado is going to form

And when I grow, it's best to flee - When it's growing and moving toward touchdown, it's best to get out of dodge

For I am tough, and without pain - Obviously a tornado is tough. The without pain part was just a little hint that it's not a living thing

And when I'm rough, I bring hard rain - Pretty nasty tornadoes are usually preceded by hail, ie hard rain

Shake, I guess I can give you partial credit with your first guess as it fits perfectly with everything except maybe the first line.

Thanks alot for that one. I felt it was one of those answers. I will be in the games for awhile, having a ball in Mafia. I'll visit here when I get bored.thumbsup.gif