A cricket match is going on.

There are 2 batsman on the field.

both at 94 each.

The team needs 7 run to win.

2 balls are left in the innings

.both batsman complete their 100.

and the team wins as well.

how??

Background: Batsman B fell sick/injured on the penultimate ball (maybe he just got dizzy playing his long innings and fell down). He got carted off and a substitute came in.

Ball No. 5: Batsman A hits a six, and in the process sprains his back. He is retired hurt and is taken back. Batsman B, the only player left, took the pills, comes back on the field to finish off the things. And he finishes it in style!

Ball No. 6: Batsman B hits a glorious 6 ending the hopes of the other team and completing his 100 too!

nice

but there is also an alternate logic

I am sure not many in this forum are crazy about Cricket as the puzzle has not been in too much talk .. But anyway, following up on ur alternate logic comment .. here it goes:

I actually got them from my friends when I posed it to them.

Logic 2:

Batsman A hits the shot and starts running, runs three and then there is an overthrow. He runs another 3 and was trying to run his 7th run when he gets run out. Thus his century is complete and Batsman B is on strike. He hits a six. Problem Solved.

Logic 3:

Batsman A hits the ball to long on and runs to get a single. The fielder makes a clumsy throw which hits wicketkeepers helmet, giving the batsman 5 more runs. He completes his century and Batsman B is on strike. B hits a six. Problem solved.

I am sure not many in this forum are crazy about Cricket as the puzzle has not been in too much talk .. But anyway, following up on ur alternate logic comment .. here it goes:

I actually got them from my friends when I posed it to them.

Logic 2:

Batsman A hits the shot and starts running, runs three and then there is an overthrow. He runs another 3 and was trying to run his 7th run when he gets run out. Thus his century is complete and Batsman B is on strike. He hits a six. Problem Solved.

Logic 3:

Batsman A hits the ball to long on and runs to get a single. The fielder makes a clumsy throw which hits wicketkeepers helmet, giving the batsman 5 more runs. He completes his century and Batsman B is on strike. B hits a six. Problem solved.

There is one more way to achieve this.

On 5th ball batsman A hits the ball and takes 3 runs. After that there in an overthrow which goes for a boundary. But in the process of taking 3 runs, one batsman made a mistake and took a short run. So the batsman A gets 6 runs in the process and Batsman B is on the facing end and he hits it for a huge six