BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Sequence Seek

Shakeepuddn

Question

Hey Shakee - not getting anywhere yet but want to at least say that this one is intrigueing and will keep at it. can I ask if the spacing in the last two sequences is relevant? and no need to address this but am hung up on if the "sequences" are consistant from word to word (doubtful looking at how different the second to last one looks) and/or maybe more like cryptograms as one could justify just about any single missing element in say a sequence of four with three given like in the first above. think it must all come to light when the relationship between the "hint" and incomplete sequence is learned. back at it...

Hey Shakee - not getting anywhere yet but want to at least say that this one is intrigueing and will keep at it. can I ask if the spacing in the last two sequences is relevant? and no need to address this but am hung up on if the "sequences" are consistant from word to word (doubtful looking at how different the second to last one looks) and/or maybe more like cryptograms as one could justify just about any single missing element in say a sequence of four with three given like in the first above. think it must all come to light when the relationship between the "hint" and incomplete sequence is learned. back at it...

Hey PG. you saved this riddle from utter humiliation. Thanks.. I sort of like these kind so put it out there for anyone interested. Grayven used to play it out for fun. Spacing is important, yes. All follow a proper sequence. No cryptogram stuff, just first letter. Needs a descramble at the end. Thanks for playing . . . Cheers

i've been thinking about this for sooooooo long, but can't make head or tail of it.......this is definitely one of the most confusing and interesting riddles in my list......

:D:thumbsup::D

i thought of a sequence with the alphabets arrangement...but i can't tell if i'm right, so...

#1. Q(J)RY......???

as far as the question goes....i say that the king of knaves and knave of kings would probably be a jack of all trades or a person with an ace up his sleeve.....:P:D

of course, i'm wrong.....:blush:

Edited by EDM

Hi EDM. No diffuculty really. It's not so hard, it just takes a bit of time and effort mulling over possibilities. N S E __ of course would be W for west. It can be anything though, and that's the tough part. That's also why I lent clues. They can be clues to the sequence itself or to the specific missing letter/ word. Consider relationships, well known phrases, people, symbolic progressions, etc. ANYTHING GOES!!! :D

I can't figure anything out! Gr

I don't suppose these are true?

UE = underestimate

JR = jumprope

And I don't suppose you did anything like this?

X = 10

U = you

Q = a word that starts with something that sounds like a Q but isn't written with one