BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

The reception to my other game idea was tepid at best and, I have come up with an idea.

It would be based on Orwell's 1984 and have one independent(a Winston like character) whose goal is to survive death and evade the thought police. There would also be goodies such as the members of the brotherhood. There would also be baddies. Baddies would be most characters including inner party official thought police, and loyal outer party members, whose goal is to kill the IND. In additon there would be two braindinians to act as the collective voice of the proletarians. The Party must keep the proles satisfied and keep their need met(at least basic ones.)

This is my basic idea. I will think about this more tomorrow at school and come up with specific roles.Comment and vote if you are interested!

Please help me if you can unreality and Marth!

Edited by pablos4pandas

I agree with Medji. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for either RPG or Mafias but Ill wait to vote until there's more specifics about it.

Love the book though, and it seems like a good Mafia idea.

Of course Julia, Goldstein, Mr. Charrington and O'Brien would have to be characters ;)

role time! specific rules to come soon but, i will give some basics.

Always orthodox*

1.Party leader- everyone know this characters identity from the beginning. This character can NOT vote in daily lynchings**(can not be voted for either). This character delegates points*** to other characters.

2. Thought police- Can interview one person each night(costs 15 points). This person has a 25% chance of sating there position of orthodoxy.

3.spy- can look at who is communicating with who at a given location**** and see a transcript of there conversation.

Can be orthodox or not

1.the ministry of truth official- Vote counts 2X(5 points MUST be provided by the party leader).

2.ministry of peace official- can delegate patrols to locations(10 each).

3.ministry of plenty official- if good, can supply points to the resistance. if bad, can act like a stock market, chance to lose chance to gain points.

4.community leader- can take one person on a hike. That person is protected for a night and can't be lynched the next day.(10% chance to learn orthodoxy.

5.party scientist-If bad, for 5 points the scientist has a 10 percent chance to develop a technology to detect unorthodoxy. If good for 5 points, there is a 10% chance he will help people evade orthodoxy.(gains/losses are permanent).

6.Times writer- can "spin" my night/day post. (S)He can submit three changes to my post if approved by myself.

Always unorthodox

1. Emanuela(a) Goldstein- Can provide equipment to unorthodox people.

2.Courier- varries Goldstein's equipment. If spy or thought police are watching they will be captured.

Basic rules

*being loyal to the party

**not realy lynchings more of turning in to the thought police.

***see rules

****see rules

Goals-

For goodies it is to survive 10 day while unorthodox OR to die still unorthodox(more details to follow).

For baddies the goal is to make everyone orthadox. Thats simple right? :rolleyes:

Point system-

The party leader will have 50 points to work with. The points will be refreshed before every night.

The Goldstein will have 20 points to work with. For 20 points, one person can be saved. For 10 the person can't be lynched. Finally for 5 (S)He has a 10% chance of discovering orthodoxy.

Locations- There will be 5 locations(TBA). Here is where outside of game chat can be conducted. One player called player B could receive a message from me that states "player A wishes to meet with you at freedom square, do you accept?". If the answer is yes the two players may send 5 messages each through myself and ONLY through myself. If the minipax(ministry of peace) has a patrol there the meeting will be canceled automatically. If a spy is there, i will send a message to the recepiant AND to the spy.

Voting

All voting is hidden ballot. Everyone will send their vote to me and i will post the results.

IMPORTANT

Keeping your role secret is not very important(unless you are the spy or courier). What is important is you orthodoxy, so keep that in mind!

these are some of the basic rule please ask questions!

I am quite interested as I LOVE the book 1984. Ever seen the movie Brazil? Many characters in that one.

During the Bush&Co. black age, I read 1984 again. This could be quite good. There are a lot of games waiting in line to be played.

Def wait till 2010.