Top Posters In This Topic

OK - here it is

Day 3 Double lynch - into next day

Day 4 Ictinike lynched

Night 5 GM Killed, Marth blocked

Day 5 Music lynched

Night *6* slick blocked/tarred, tpaxatb block/tarred

Day *6* JarZe lynched

Night 7 - I killed marth. Slick has no action. Marth targets slick??

Marth and slick dead??

(edit sorry: I misread the actions... All I know was that I played it VERY carefully to ensure that I tried to block each kill on the correct night - so I knew that Marth had the kill this night. The baddies knew JarZe, Marth, Slick's roles from night 3 on.

Edited by tpaxatb

Eh.. game's over. Can I post? I mean, it's not going to affect anything...

Cyber Phantom

A computer virus that makes it's way in and out of the real world - he sucks you in to his unoverse!

Ability - KILL Odd nights and if attacked by Mystery Machine odd nights, will render it useless if it targets the Cyber Phantom. Can not die at night while the Tar Monster is alive

Assuming the bolded is a typo meant to say 10,000 Volt Ghost (Slick, he knew who you were anyway, I'm not outing anything here), then Marth's attack on Slick was useless.

Special Rule

If these two above (Cyber Phantom and 10,000 Volt Ghost), meet they become a faction obtaining BTSC. Meeting is if they target each other in the game or vote the same at the end of D1 or D2 only. Then one has block and the other divert.

Strange finnish, and I'm sort of sad that JarZe spotted the way to not loose.

My mistake was D5, N6, D5, so then N7 well It's over and I need to get the wicky sorted.

That was a hard game as I was at the end of Mex Flue, aka H1M flu or M4N flue when I atarted :)

I did not expect an extra two weeks of feeling lethargic. So despite the wonderfully insperational theme, I could not get enthused properly while others where MIA.

Still theres always the Lunatic Assylum - Where tthe patients and the Drs are hard to tell appart.

I am curious as to what people realy think of the Day 0 start, Maybe Pass the Parcel was not to anyone's liking - I just thought it added an element to the game

Eh.. game's over. Can I post? I mean, it's not going to affect anything...

Assuming the bolded is a typo meant to say 10,000 Volt Ghost (Slick, he knew who you were anyway, I'm not outing anything here), then Marth's attack on Slick was useless.

bit of a LIS error, Basically it was meant to confirm using the Mystery MAchine upgrade (unstopable action), by Mystery Inc members, the MM gets written off.

IOW Mysery Machine needs to avoid the Cyber Phantom

I thought they would have paired, well they would have if slick was around sooner D1, D2 votes - not getting confirmations was a major oversight from the host.

Also the headless horseman should have reincarnated in it's minion, but Kat was unlucky to have lost clozo the day after - sad everyone voted for her while she was sleeping on the other side of the world, clozo also forgot to clear one of the people she new was on her side

I'll tyep up who was who tomorrow - as it's nealy 1 am for me

Giving it a go...

1.Izzy - Shaggy/Scooby

2.GMaster479 - Ben

3.JarZe - Tar

4.Sayalzah - Sarah

5.DudleyDude - Captain Cutler?

6.Framm - Snow Ghost?

7.Ictinike - Miner 49er

8.Marth - Cyber Phantom

9.Clozobozo - Mummy/Minion

10.Music - Velma

11.Crazypainter - Black Knight?

12.Riranor - Daphney

13.akaslickster - 10VG

14.Magic - Ghost Clown?

15.Kat - Headless Horseman

16.tpaxatb - Fred

Giving it a go...

1.Izzy - Shaggy/Scooby

2.GMaster479 - Ben

3.JarZe - Tar

4.Sayalzah - Sarah

5.DudleyDude - Black Knight?

6.Framm - Snow Ghost?

7.Ictinike - Miner 49er

8.Marth - Cyber Phantom

10.Music - Velma

11.Crazypainter - Capt. Cutler

12.Riranor - Daphney

13.akaslickster - 10VG

14.Magic - Ghost Clown?

16.tpaxatb - Fred

So Izzy, you didnt know who I was. And I thought it was soo obvious by LIS' post. Better figure out the differences between the knight and a Captain.

:lol: Looks like I was right after all...

edit: Congrats Tpax on a well played game. No one can accuse you of being a noob anywore.

Edited by crazypainter

I was Ben. I personally had a hard time determining the actual rules to the game. The Special Rules description is different on the Wiki than is posted in the thread so I really thought tpax had won the game last night. I learned that the RID kill had nothing to do with an actual role ID the first night but couldn't tell anyone. LIS updated the wiki description to better explain the ability but didn't post in the thread that he had made the update. It was obvious that many people were afraid of revealing their role for fear of the RID. I think we (the goodies) got very lucky to finish with a draw, considering the early lack of posting and considering it seemed that many people were confused by the rules.

1.Izzy - Shaggy/Scooby

2.GMaster479 - Snow Ghost

3.JarZe - Tar

4.Sayalzah - Sarah

5.DudleyDude - Ben

6.Framm - Black Knight

7.Ictinike - Miner 49er

8.Marth - Cyber Phantom

10.Music - Velma

11.Crazypainter - Capt. Cutler

12.Riranor - Daphney

13.akaslickster - 10VG

14.Magic - Ghost Clown?

16.tpaxatb - Fred

Just fixing Izzy's roster :P . Good game everyone :)

Edited by Gmaster479

switch Framm and DD and your there - 2 am here, the Mystery Machine was too powerfu - but I think the game would have been different if Rianor came in or just appeared for the first day (D zero), as it was less likey he would have been voted by just appearing.

There was a lot of missed, unused (by choice) or cancelled actions, and the consecutive lynch lowered the monsters chances too.

But overall I like the design personally. If I had to do it again I'd change the Mystery machinee, allow day night posting in the thead - but post a lookout role in the mafia/MI that can divert, just to avoid all the overt planing. That was my thinking for not having posts during the night periods. It does make the thread hot and cold, but you get used to it and welcome the break and then the intensity starting up again

G'nihgt

Just a special mention for Gmaster - three times in a row he was spot on with his saves - unbeievable and unheared of in mafia. u fortunately the van ran them all down

Just in case it was not clear, Fred tarred himself to attempt a double lynchm but Jz figured a way out, so it was an edge of the seat finnish,

I learned that the RID kill had nothing to do with an actual role ID the first night but couldn't tell anyone. LIS updated the wiki description to better explain the ability but didn't post in the thread that he had made the update.

There was some confusion about that the first night in the BTSC thread. We tried RID killing JarZe as the indy, and LIS was like "What?" ..So we figured out what it really meant, and used the "don't out your role" to our advantage, accusing anyone who did and survived of being a baddie. I still think we should have taken JarZe out the first/second day when I tried pinning him as Shaggy. Oh well. ;P

...And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling ghosts, and your stupid phantom. :P

Just a special mention for Gmaster - three times in a row he was spot on with his saves - unbeievable and unheared of in mafia. u fortunately the van ran them all down

Just in case it was not clear, Fred tarred himself to attempt a double lynchm but Jz figured a way out, so it was an edge of the seat finnish,

Thanks LIS ^_^ . I did call every kill while I was alive and had a few good ideas on who was who in Mystery Inc. (other than Izzy, who luckily got lynched anyway). This still was a good game but man that mystery machine was too powerful. I had every right move and I didn't do squat.

I am confused though, because DD said that he was Ben and I corrected that in my roster, however LIS said "switch DD and Framm and you have it." I did that when I edited my post and unless LIS saw my post before the edit, which seems almost impossible as it was up incorrectly for only 10 seconds or so.

I read it form the feed in my mail GM

They;ll never be a tie for 3 correct saves in a row - lived the comment in the PM "lets sacrifice Brandonb tonight"

The clown and miner 49er were some misees, so was slicks in the beginning, who tried to make up for it by pming me ervery night :D

Also JZ lost an action, so the game should have been very different - especially if sick did atack Marth of vote allign with him, which would have happened on the Kat BW

Out of curiosity, who killed me?

If it was slick. One question Why?

I am not mad or anything just want an explanation.

GM, I was the Black Knight.

Guilty of your murder. I wasn't sure who was who throughout most of the game so, I just started killing as they popped into my head. In other words, I killed everyone with no reason. I just did it like a monster.ohmy.gif Edited by akaslickster

Jarze had one chance for the win:

If he had told marth that he had tarred slick, it would have been obvious that since jarze tarred slick..I must have tarred myself.

Now I understand where the confusion lay - it was the special rule about the 10kv ghost and cyber phantom. if I had known that was what it was (they couldn't kill each other) then I would have probably played the end differntly...

(edit: I actually thought it was a clarification of sarah and ben ravencroft, not the two killers)

Edited by tpaxatb

Oh, and one other thing. It was insanely difficult to get over the outting of music - for some reason I don't understand, izzy thought that the minion was music. But it was obvious from the clue count (each day, each vote or action against the indie exposed that many letters) that music COULDN'T be the minion.

This was a pretty tough game for us goodies (monsters). I think the lack of activity hit us hard this time, as we could never establish a solid plan (even during the day). I thought we had it at the end with Marth.... Anyways, it was a good game, thanks for hosting LIS and I'm sure your next game will go even better than this one...

TBH I didn't get the "Pass the Parcel" thing, I think the idea is good but you should tweak it a little bit ;)

As for the baddies, yes you were strong... And that "Secret Ability" was a good one and it really helped you out at the end...

I was mostly clueless throughout the whole game, maybe because of the inactivity, or maybe because I suck at picking up clues :blush: This was also a bad thing for Slick who might have killed more than one goodie.

I think the goodies could have taken advantage of their killers if there would've been more activity from us... :dry:

Anyways, good game everyone and hope to see you around soon...

P.S. What... So the RID wasn't really an RID??? :huh:

And we made a tactical error I think in killing GM instead of JarZe. We should have gotten rid of the defender of the phanotom. Unfortunately, I only skimmed most of the posts, and the baddies (before I joined) were pretty convinced that GM was Ben, and I had not wanted to take the chance of the divert still being out there.

<shrug> I'll settle for a tie -_-

And we made a tactical error I think in killing GM instead of JarZe. We should have gotten rid of the defender of the phanotom. Unfortunately, I only skimmed most of the posts, and the baddies (before I joined) were pretty convinced that GM was Ben, and I had not wanted to take the chance of the divert still being out there.

<shrug> I'll settle for a tie -_-

Don't get us started in tactical errors....LOL

And yeah, I think a Tie is good enough for us!

1.Izzy - voting for Marth

2.GMaster479 - voting for Clozo

3. JarZe - Stuck in a lane somewhere

4.Sayalzah

5.DudleyDude

6.Framm - voting for Kat

7.Ictinike

8.Marth voting for - Sayalzah

9.Clozobozo

10.Music

11.Crazypainter voting for- Rihanna

12.Riranor

13.akaslickster - voting for-Kat

14.Brandonb

15.Kat - voting for Rihanna

16.Rihanna

I needed to vote for someone so I thought about trusting Framm's judgement.smile.gif

I just thought it was funny that you killed me after saying that you trusted my judgment.

Turned out my random guess was right though. :thumbsup:

Don't get us started in tactical errors....LOL

And yeah, I think a Tie is good enough for us!

Well I was sitting there watching you two go at each other and biting my nails, hoping that you wouldn't tell marth that you had tarred slick. That would have been it for me in that case (since you would have blocked slick, it would have meant that he couldn't have tarred me, meaning...i must have tarred myself).