BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Scooby Doo Mafia

Oh, and one other thing. It was insanely difficult to get over the outting of music - for some reason I don't understand, izzy thought that the minion was music. But it was obvious from the clue count (each day, each vote or action against the indie exposed that many letters) that music COULDN'T be the minion.

Clues are only added when there are votes for the indy, not the minion. The minion, if you've solved the riddle, can't vote until instructed. From here, I (falsely, but it adds up...) concluded that the indy was probably inactive and that the minion had to be Music because she wouldn't vote when a teammate was about to be lynched.

...Music, you should have played my attacks better. Something pointing out how I should not be trusted, and was just trying to take another goodie down while I still had the opportunity.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a pretty tough game for us goodies (monsters). I think the lack of activity hit us hard this time, as we could never establish a solid plan (even during the day). I thought we had it at the end with Marth.... Anyways, it was a good game, thanks for hosting LIS and I'm sure your next game will go even better than this one...

TBH I didn't get the "Pass the Parcel" thing, I think the idea is good but you should tweak it a little bit ;)

As for the baddies, yes you were strong... And that "Secret Ability" was a good one and it really helped you out at the end...

I was mostly clueless throughout the whole game, maybe because of the inactivity, or maybe because I suck at picking up clues :blush: This was also a bad thing for Slick who might have killed more than one goodie.

I think the goodies could have taken advantage of their killers if there would've been more activity from us... :dry:

Anyways, good game everyone and hope to see you around soon...

P.S. What... So the RID wasn't really an RID??? :huh:

Inactivity was a big hurdle, but what can you do - dice role for absent actions???

I will not allow poer play for BTSC groups in future too. has to be equal for both sides

Pass the parcel - could not believe slick got caught with it, home PC probs I think, it was meant to ensure activity, it was gonna be harsher, next time it will, and may be ysed for two days, - I did not want random in the game idealy.. but then again, we al know who's been parcelled.

soory about the RID EFFECT, it was meant to be used as unstopable - M.Inc had trouble with it and I thought I put that in the thread, it was updated in the wiki :(

If Marth had attacked more, he may have found slick or taken out a goodies (monsters) but so that could have swung the game

Clown did not get active N1, N2 it was too late, then died

Minder 49er N1, no action, N2, MIA, D2 PMd apology but MIA N3 then default lynch rule

JZ had a punishment of no action for MIA

M.Inc lost riranor (mafia) ,when it is usually a goodie loss to start (day zero

Did you hate the D zero start?

It's meant to give some tell for the N actions, but it was just a blanket randomness and no discussion or vibes.

I'll definitley do it again on that basis

Btw - I took the other games off the table, coz the inactiveness was kind of making hosting pointless

We need more commitment to the games, players deseve a run for there money (time). hosts, well they get miffed too sad.gif

You did get the parcel - I gave it to you, you just didn't want it, and gave it away ;p

It's definitely going off at a pre determined number next time - we can watch the mafia buddies avoid it :D

After reading the end game dialogue, I am rather sure I saved Jarze the first night. But me memory is not 100% arrrg...

I like the hot potato game for D0. It can hopefully weed out an inactive.

Great game even with the mess-ups. Cant remember the last game I read each day after I died.

I have new respect for many players here. Great job y'all!

Will someone pls post the secret message?

Didn't quite finish it.. but..close..

Headless Horseman of Halloween: Win Condition - Kill the Cyber Phantom or Ten Thousand Volt Ghost, or be the last man standing.

*Ability: recruit a minion the night whose name is revealed to the Headless Horseman.

*Ability: ~e~~~ (Teach, tell, instruct, etc. or "leave?") his minion to be the ~a~ta~~~~ ~ee~ of killing on even nights.

*His minion then returns with amnesia but votes as he was instructed that day ~~~~ only? and can not release (reveal) any details of why they c~~~e~~e~(commenced?) to vote.

*If the Headless Horseman is killed, he is ~e~~aw~e~ (reborn, reincarnated, etc.) in his last minion, but dies the third time.

*A letter is revealed day zero and each time he is targeted by ~e~ (typo of the?) vote at end of day; i.e. two votes give two letters, two night actions give two letters.

Clues are only added when there are votes for the indy, not the minion. The minion, if you've solved the riddle, can't vote until instructed. From here, I (falsely, but it adds up...) concluded that the indy was probably inactive and that the minion had to be Music because she wouldn't vote when a teammate was about to be lynched.

...Music, you should have played my attacks better. Something pointing out how I should not be trusted, and was just trying to take another goodie down while I still had the opportunity.

Mmmm. Ok I disagree, but I think it's because it's not worded very well and open for interpretation.

If the headless horseman is killed, The headless horseman is reborn in the minion (the minion becomes the headless horseman).

Votes/actions against the *headless horseman* reveal a letter.

That, to me, means that if votes or actions are played against the minion AFTER the minion becomes the HH, letters would be revealed.

soory about the RID EFFECT, it was meant to be used as unstopable - M.Inc had trouble with it and I thought I put that in the thread, it was updated in the wiki :(

I think if you keep the unstoppable ability in a future game you should rename it and give a clearer description. I also think allowing the baddie night kill to be unstoppable is still too powerful. It pretty much negates too many goodie abilities (i.e., saves, blocks, "can't die while xxx is still alive", etc) Also, having the ability tied to a role that was non-targetable makes it very powerful. There is no way for the goodies to get rid of the ability, they have to wait for the baddies to use the van to target one of two roles.

Minder 49er N1, no action, N2, MIA, D2 PMd apology but MIA N3 then default lynch rule

I liked the default lynch rule but I think it should have been an additional lynch instead of negating the day's vote. It ended up being a punishment to the goodies that were actually participating based on something well beyond their control. But I do think that simply killing the inactives is a good option, especially if there aren't enough people as backups.

Did you hate the D zero start?

It's meant to give some tell for the N actions, but it was just a blanket randomness and no discussion or vibes.

I'll definitley do it again on that basis

I liked the D0 start but it really needs more participation. I was really worried that we'd end up with a tie and at that point, I don't think enough people had read the rules and understood the implications. But I do think it is a valid alternative to starting with a night phase, I think it'll just take a few games for everyone to get used to it.

You did get the parcel - I gave it to you, you just didn't want it, and gave it away ;p

It's definitely going off at a pre determined number next time - we can watch the mafia buddies avoid it :D

I think the parcel created more confusion than was needed. You already had inactive penalties so I'm not sure the parcel added much to that end. I think the only way it would work well is if everyone playing is in the same time zone. As it stands, it is way too easy to pass the parcel to someone in a drastically different time zone knowing that they won't notice it for several hours.

That, to me, means that if votes or actions are played against the minion AFTER the minion becomes the HH, letters would be revealed.

Exactly. AFTER the minion becomes the HH, which I did not believe Music had done - yet.

Like when Clozo was lynched. She wasn't revealed to be the minion, she was still whatever her role was. Votes for her didn't count against the HH. Which is probably also why she didn't tell us Kat was a goodie. She wasn't sure whether she'd be lynched as the minion or her role.

A lives while B lives is quite common (that was something that JZ was in dilema with before), it gave the goodies an edge especiay if 10k VG or Cyber P died.

Here was the nidy role

Headless Horseman of Halloween: Win Condition - Kill the Cyber Phantom or Ten Thousand Volt Ghost, or be the Last Man Standing.

*Ability: Recruits a minion odd nights whose role is revealed to the Headless Horseman. *Ability: Sends his minion to do the dastardly deed of killing on even nights.

*His minion then returns with amnesia but votes as he was instructed that day only and can not remember (reveal), any details of why their compelled to vote.

*If the Headless Horseman is killed, he is respawned in his last minion, but dies the third time.

*A letter is revealed Day zero and each time he is targeted or per vote at end of day; i.e. two votes give two letters, two night actions give two letters.

Not 'the' Izzy 'per'

Kat's B/wgn lynch realy let the info out - which caused the minion concern thumbsup.gif

i thought minion was a good word to hide in their

Clozo forgot to put her vote in, despite checking in by PM, I was in a dilema of how to deal eith the situation, but wanted to leave the clues as deductable, which was not that easy without decoding. I did not want to make it easy as it woud geive the indy no chance - poor Kat loosing her minion the day after she picked cozo.

Perhaps Sayalzah can explain why s/he thought Clozo was dangerous at that stage, she only got an abiity discovery of vote manipulation and that should have been read as the mummy??? somehow s/he pushed the perfect lynch for the wrong reason.

Edited by Lost in space

Clozo forgot to put her vote in, despite checking in by PM, I was in a dilema of how to deal eith the situation, but wanted to leave the clues as deductable, which was not that easy without decoding. I did not want to make it easy as it woud geive the indy no chance - poor Kat loosing her minion the day after she picked cozo.

Perhaps Sayalzah can explain why s/he thought Clozo was dangerous at that stage, she only got an abiity discovery of vote manipulation and that should have been read as the mummy??? somehow s/he pushed the perfect lynch for the wrong reason.

Well. obviously Clozo was the Mummy from the day post, so the only possibility remaining was that Kat was the indy. I didn't really think about Clozo being the minion as a possibility.

I should have outed myself at the end of my lynch along with the information that JarZe was the Tar Monster and Marth was a kill role. That knowledge could have made the goodies win!duh.gif

PS: I'm a hebiggrin.gif