BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

So you had an idea or two for a mafia role - great! keep them secret or get your brain in gear and work some out.

* I'm gonna take your ideas and make them into a game

* Do not tell anyone else about the roles

* I will post rules but not the role list, abilities etc - maybe the factions if there are enough players, but I'll say 2, 3, 4 or 5 so it's preety much incognito

Roles - if complicated, make it clear. No crazy randomness of ability other than 50/50

* Xmas theme if poss, but not lets have 15 Santa's - hango on why not! any one you like.

* Be original

* they can't all be kill roles, be more creative, I'll be adding a role too

* Do not align/give faction

* Name of role

* Description

* Abilities

Be around at xmas - days can be stretched for xmas, new year etc

PM me when you have an idea, don't spame me though!

19 answers to this question

I think that we are creating the roles that we will be playing in the mafia.

P.S. you stole my idea by the way. B)):ph34r:

Saw that did you? hehe Typed it before I realized that it was mentioned not to tell anyone about the roles...That's what I get for skimming :lol:

Roles will be shuffled and son;t go to point of origin - so it's possible to build in clues...

You will not know by name wheher scrooge, an elf, santa, etc are good or bad.. It will be mayhem from that respect.

You will need to rely on spotting a character you made and and of course spies - if any one designs one/them :)

Expand the roles to give clues some how - it's possible but I'm not helping you with that!

I'll be glad to make up more if you need more!

feel free - I will do the alignment in general - good/bad

The Idea is that everyone who plays makes a role that they may dixcover in the game

If we end up with too few players, then I'll pool what's come in

Off to bed

Zzzzzzzzzzz!

I wonder if my roles are too powerful or complicated. The second one seemed simple in my head... at least I think I kept it balanced with the conditions in the second and third paragraphs

over / under powered they can be tweaked!

Pass the parcel...

Received for a second time, vote is controlled by the sender that day only, and the night action is lost one night only!

Can not send to the same person twice in a row (i.e. A > B, A recieves parcel again, can't pass to B)

Or I might just add layers - so nth pass it takes effect random No gen!

Make one a bomb!

Must pass three times per day, and three times per night!

If not passed - ability fail

I think there should be a year round xmas store. I used to work in one. We'd run around with the price guns through the fake trees with Tom Gun on the stereo!

A Christmas Story comes to Mind!!! Very Funny!!

another role could be the people who wait at 6am the day after xmas at the stores.. Macy's! for the 50% off sales.

Edited by crazypainter

It will start with

Day 0 lynch and pass the parcel - Lynch before the bomb goes off.

if no lynch or tied lynch then the parcel will explode killing a player.

If there is a lynch then it will block a player for N1

:):):):)

I think it would be cool if there was a mafia game, maybe this one, in which anybody who dies is allowed to send ONE personal message to any ONE person containing a maximum of FIVE words at any time after death, provided it's only done ONCE. =P

I had an abundance of ideas for Xmas Mafia - I can run it as a less rushed game, allow for breaks and another game running too, so people can play both

If that is of interest and the hosts of running/comming games do not mind

It will contain a y/n vote at the start that carries an implication that the badies will know and want to control.

Ill convert the game too the number of players so long as it is 12 and above

Some rules - no vote or discuss = loss of action

Xams Mafia, 48 hour vote at start of game, shorten during progression likely, subject to conditions

24 hour for N action unless actions are in sooner - no changing of action, no reminder from host

Votes will not be changeable, so discuss plenty before you decide.

Not gonna hamper the game with rules for xmas <smile>

Killed players get to chose a player to receive a Xmas hamper - unsure.gif

Winners get a virtue pressie thumbsup.gif and, Looses get a virtual resurrection - but are egged mad.gif

Ha. Hey it aint called Christmas in July for nothing... ;)

It seems most people wanted to pick their roles and their nose rather than be creative.. So it will be another time and another game theme as opposed to player creation. What surprises me is that everyone wants to host and yet there seemed to be so few willing to 'create' roles for such a theme. Maybe I explained it badly.. it's all on hold anyway.

besides Santa and the elves work all year round. tongue.gif