BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

rookie1ja

100 - Back to the Number Puzzles

Using four sevens (7) and a one (1) create the number 100. Except the five numerals you can use the usual mathematical operations (+, -, x, :), root and brackets ().

This old topic is locked since it was answered many times. You can check solution in the Spoiler below.

Pls visit New Puzzles section to see always fresh brain teasers.

100 - solution

100 = 177-77 = (7+7)x(7+(1:7))

I do not know other solutions.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Clever!

I've done a challenge a bit like this: create all numbers from 1-200 using 4 4s and the following mathematical operators: +, -, /, x, ! (factorial), !! (double factorial), INT, MOD, SQRT, ^ (power). You can't do squares etc. - if you use powers the number has to be raised to its fourth power (or 4x4th power etc.).

It is much harder than it looks like!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using four sevens (7) and a one (1) create the number 100. Except the five numerals you can use the usual mathematical operations +, -, x, :, root and brackets ().

The language should be changed in the problem. Drop the word "EXCEPT" and replace it with the phrase "In addition to".

-Brett

Using four sevens (7) and a one (1) create the number 100. Except the five numerals you can use the usual mathematical operations +, -, x, :, root and brackets ().

The language should be changed in the problem. Drop the word "EXCEPT" and replace it with the phrase "In addition to".

-Brett

thanks, I have edited the puzzle ... feel free to check the wording in other puzzles as well