BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Ok! So I guess I can occupy this space for available riddles.

Here's how I start: Each riddles coming from me will have a corresponding point that may vary on how easy or difficult a riddle is. Every correct answer guarantees a point and a bonus to the first one to answer. Your names and your ranks (based on your total points) will be placed in my signature.

Let's see how far can you go :) Goodluck and Weebee for me XD.

-----------------------

• Two men play five games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain this. (3pts)
  • What can go up a chimney down, but cannot go down a chimney up? (2pts)
  • A man grabbed a woman's ring and pulled on it, then dropped it. How did this save her life? (3pts)
  • A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in. What should have he said? (5pts)
  • A professional fisherman caught 30 fish during a 5-day tournament. Each day, he caught three more fish than the day before. How many fish did the fisherman catch on the first day? (3pts)
  • What country is hidden in the paragraph below? As defendants, we deny all involvement in the unscrupulous dealings which have come to light in the recent government investigation. (10pts)
  • I have keys that open no locks, I have space, but there is no room, You can enter, but you can't go in. What am I? (3pts)
  • What in an automobile engine serves no purpose but without it the engine does not work? (3pts)
  • What piece of wood is like a king? (2pts)
  • What kind of rocks are on the bottom of the Mississippi River? (3pts)

-----------------------

Answers will be revealed on the next time I got logged in. By the time I reveal answers, no one can gain points (minimum of 24 hours).

Edited by RoseOnPlayer

16 answers to this question

• Two men play five games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain this. (3pts)
    - they were not playing each other
  • What can go up a chimney down, but cannot go down a chimney up? (2pts)
    - umbrella
  • A man grabbed a woman's ring and pulled on it, then dropped it. How did this save her life? (3pts)
    - parachute or inflatable life jacket?
  • A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in. What should have he said? (5pts)
    - three
  • A professional fisherman caught 30 fish during a 5-day tournament. Each day, he caught three more fish than the day before. How many fish did the fisherman catch on the first day? (3pts)
  • What country is hidden in the paragraph below? As defendants, we deny all involvement in the unscrupulous dealings which have come to light in the recent government investigation. (10pts)
    - Sweden
  • I have keys that open no locks, I have space, but there is no room, You can enter, but you can't go in. What am I? (3pts)
    - keyboard
  • What in an automobile engine serves no purpose but without it the engine does not work? (3pts)
    - noise?
  • What piece of wood is like a king? (2pts)
    - ruler
  • What kind of rocks are on the bottom of the Mississippi River? (3pts)
    - wet

-----------------------

Answers will be revealed on the next time I got logged in. By the time I reveal answers, no one can gain points (minimum of 24 hours).

They weren't playing each other.

an umbrella.

She was skydiving.

Three.

Zero.

Sweden.

A typewriter/keyboard.

Ah, finally, one I haven't heard before - I'm guessing the second letter "e".

A ruler.

Wet ones.

-----------------------

[*]Two men play five games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain this. (3pts)

The last game is in progress

[*]What can go up a chimney down, but cannot go down a chimney up? (2pts)

smoke

[*]A man grabbed a woman's ring and pulled on it, then dropped it. How did this save her life? (3pts)

--

[*]A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in. What should have he said? (5pts)

three

[*]A professional fisherman caught 30 fish during a 5-day tournament. Each day, he caught three more fish than the day before. How many fish did the fisherman catch on the first day? (3pts)

He was having a rest

[*]What country is hidden in the paragraph below? As defendants, we deny all involvement in the unscrupulous dealings which have come to light in the recent government investigation. (10pts)

US

[*]I have keys that open no locks, I have space, but there is no room, You can enter, but you can't go in. What am I? (3pts)

keyboard

[*]What in an automobile engine serves no purpose but without it the engine does not work? (3pts)

key

[*]What piece of wood is like a king? (2pts)

--

[*]What kind of rocks are on the bottom of the Mississippi River? (3pts)

None

001. They are not playing against each other.

002. Smoke.

003. It opened her parachute.

004. Three.

005. He catch no fish on the first day.

006. Sweden.

007. Computer Keyboard or Typewriter.

008. Noise.

009. Ruler.

010. Wet rocks.

R-CODE.................001.002.003.004.005.006.007.008.009.010......37/37

001...niner.............3...0...3...5...3..10...3...3...2...3.......35/37

001...roolstar..........3...0...3...5...3..10...3...3...2...3.......35/37

002...bonanova..........3...0...3...5...3..10...3...0...2...3.......32/37

002...cpotting..........3...0...3...5...3..10...3...0...2...3.......32/37

003...GIJeff............3...0...3...5...0..10...3...0...2...0.......26/37

004...Morbo.............3...0...3...0...3..10...3...0...2...0.......24/37

005...brhan.............0...2...0...5...3...0...3...0...0...0.......13/37

006...Twoaday...........3...2...0...0...3...0...3...0...0...0.......11/37

Please Re-check your answers if you are in doubt of the Scoreboard.

Answers below this posts earns no points but can still freely participate.

Well, I am asking for re-mark of Q.6

What country is hidden in the paragraph below? As defendants, we deny all involvement in the unscrupulous dealings which have come to light in the recent government investigation.

US (a country located in the North America, just South of Canada) more suitable answer than S, weden.