BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It's been going since september, and I guess some of you guys know abouy it too, it involves a world map with real streets and cool buildings...

There have been some issues, glitches and a restart - and it could do with a tweak here and there

I started by joshing around

you'll get used to it after a day or two or three

Monopoly City Streets

If you have any short and simple tips add here

1) Take your time to find higher value streets, the rent is higher

19 answers to this question

It's interesting to see that there are others here that have accounts. Though I do have to add that longer streets no longer yield higher rent as LIS stated, they stopped that about 3 days after the restart (check the blog to see what I am talking about) so people who were around at that time got a huge head start. Though it's not too late to jump in on the fun!

How is your game going LIS? At one point I jumped way up to 6th place on the top 10 US National leaderboard around week 2-3... and subsequently got slaughtered. It seemed like half the country rose up and united as one to squash my hopes and dreams :( All of my streets were sabotaged and worthless by the end of that day, and I have been working to fix them and catch back up ever since. But about 30 demolitions and 60-something sabotages take a while to fix :duh: I hope your luck is better than mine :thumbsup:

Edited by Brandonb

How is your game going LIS? At one point I jumped way up to 6th place on the top 10 US National leaderboard around week 2-3... and subsequently got slaughtered. It seemed like half the country rose up and united as one to squash my hopes and dreams :( All of my streets were sabotaged and worthless by the end of that day, and I have been working to fix them and catch back up ever since. But about 30 demolitions and 60-something sabotages take a while to fix :duh: I hope your luck is better than mine :thumbsup:

LIS: (not my user name)

Level: 5

Score: over 1, billion

Daily income 1/4 billion

Streets 14

Start value 1 - 4 million

Current values 16 - 50 million and 2 over over 100 million

Vandalism: 1

Strike back:1

After the attack I had to buy a street and buid houses to get a chance card to knock down the prision that the vandal put on my street.

I guess the attacks will build up now I'm errrecting 30 mill buck buildings

I joined after the restart, and bought up streets where I used to live, was great fun to get them all :) - but the return was rubbish, I found the longer streets returned better.

Some deals I tried worked, others were supposed to be automatically granted after 7 days but were not. Infact after two weeks I lost 5 streets I offered and gained none - not how I read the 7 day auto deal. So'I'm totally off that idea, people used to reply in 24 hours, but affects your progress if they delay there answer, I had one deal accepted 17 days after I had offered - lost those streets autmatically. I have not had any offers for my streets :(

I don;t antagonise other players that are leaving me alone - so I'll wait and see.

After the attack I had to buy a street and buid houses to get a chance card to knock down the prision that the vandal put on my street.

I guess the attacks will build up now I'm errrecting 30 mill buck buildings

I joined after the restart, and bought up streets where I used to live, was great fun to get them all :) - but the return was rubbish, I found the longer streets returned better.

Some deals I tried worked, others were supposed to be automatically granted after 7 days but were not. Infact after two weeks I lost 5 streets I offered and gained none - not how I read the 7 day auto deal. So'I'm totally off that idea, people used to reply in 24 hours, but affects your progress if they delay there answer, I had one deal accepted 17 days after I had offered - lost those streets autmatically. I have not had any offers for my streets :(

I don;t antagonise other players that are leaving me alone - so I'll wait and see.

Well done! Yeah, I have been reading that the 7-day auto deal doesn't work at all, for anyone, ever. It was a lie/bluff at the start of the game to try to encourage players to be active. And yeah, since the restart I have never attacked a player.

FYI, I found that bribery works quite well. I have only been attacked 7 or 8 times by my local leaderboard, and after each time I NEVER retaliate. Instead I turn around and make an offer on the attacker's lowest valued street for either 10X the value or 100,000,000, then they never attack me again. Sometimes they accept, many times they don't accept the offer (I dunno why) but the universal result has been that my local leaderboard has left me completely alone ever since.

And one more thing that you may find as stressing as I have... there's an approx 400 building limit on every street. It doesn't matter if the street can hold 2,000 buildings... it will only let you have about 400 of any kind. So even the long ones are limited now :duh:

Edited by Brandonb

Well done! Yeah, I have been reading that the 7-day auto deal doesn't work at all, for anyone, ever. It was a lie/bluff at the start of the game to try to encourage players to be active. And yeah, since the restart I have never attacked a player.

I got fast reliew early in the game, and deals worked, I have been spending eveything each day over the last two weeks, filling them up with Grid buildings at 500k and getting 450K daily on them. then working up to 2 mill buildings and and getting 950k. The 30 mill buildings only get 4 mill, but I don't see the point in saving or using cash as offer - that is then tied up untill the offer is accepted - which looks like a waste of time.

And one more thing that you may find as stressing as I have... there's an approx 400 building limit on every street. It doesn't matter if the street can hold 2,000 buildings... it will only let you have about 400 of any kind. So even the long ones are limited now :duh:

I haven't found the streets that are 10 mill to 40 mil yet, and I am annoyed that many are not even for sale.

I'm just in it to see how far I can go with it, so far it's fun with out the vandalism

Funny those chance cards give you max of 500k but are happt to take back 50 mill, but the last two days has been minor.

I got fast reliew early in the game, and deals worked, I have been spending eveything each day over the last two weeks, filling them up with Grid buildings at 500k and getting 450K daily on them. then working up to 2 mill buildings and and getting 950k. The 30 mill buildings only get 4 mill, but I don't see the point in saving or using cash as offer - that is then tied up untill the offer is accepted - which looks like a waste of time.

I haven't found the streets that are 10 mill to 40 mil yet, and I am annoyed that many are not even for sale.

I'm just in it to see how far I can go with it, so far it's fun with out the vandalism

Funny those chance cards give you max of 500k but are happt to take back 50 mill, but the last two days has been minor.

Very true, the 30mils only get 4 in return. But it's a good investment when you look at the long-run for this game, when you get the crap taxed out of you for having additional roads. Later on in the game the roads are going to be impossible to come-by, and b/c of the taxes you won't be able to stock-pile them, so the 30mil and 100mils are going to be a great way to hoard your money while at the same time making more $ off of the streets than would otherwise be possible.

Early on I did alot of searching for those elusive 10-40mil roads. I have one 40+, a few 20+ and a 15+. I think totaling about 6 roads that are worth while. The downside to that is that they will not be enough to launch me back onto the leaderboard when they get filled, because the optimum is going to be somewhere around 15 roads (to max out the revenue-taxes, though I haven't actually done the math yet).

Yeah, yesterday I got hit with an over $600,000,000 fine :duh: that hurt, bad. The +500,000 are jokes now. I'd rather just not get them at all rather than have my screen reset to the center of the road that I am working on. I never use the sabotages, and I have no use for the demolitions anymore. The only things that matter now are the HUGE fines and the protection bonuses. :dry:

Edited by Brandonb

Grrr. I just got a new player in my local area that decided it would be a great idea to just barrage the top of the local leaderboard. :mad: That lone player demolished 10 of my protective buildings, a few of my 100mils and setup 4 hazards. I hope paying them $250million makes them stop. :duh:

Grrr. I just got a new player in my local area that decided it would be a great idea to just barrage the top of the local leaderboard. :mad: That lone player demolished 10 of my protective buildings, a few of my 100mils and setup 4 hazards. I hope paying them $250million makes them stop. :duh:

that stinks haha

boardwalk and park place!

It was Star Wars edition - Naboo (Swamps and Plains)

My daughter has a Pokemon edition too.

On line game - I just got three streets from an old deal - and will pay 9% tax coz I can't sell them for 24 hrs - mad.gif

On line game - I just got three streets from an old deal - and will pay 9% tax coz I can't sell them for 24 hrs - mad.gif

How big are they? I may want to purchase them :P

And on my end... I just lost over a billion in fines :duh: :duh: :duh:

oh well, I like traditional. (However, I have never played another edition soo...)

Edited by 24_65_34_83_361