BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia 2

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for the delay everyone...Had some personal issues that came up that I had to take care of first...

Night 1: Painting a beautiful picture (of death)

Night had fallen and the King and Prince received news that the Exile had been spotted around town. They also go news that and unknown force was also causing major problems around the town. The King called the Knight Captain into the throne room.

“Yes, your majesty,” the Knight spoke as he bowed before the king.

“I have received grave news. It would appear the Exile was not truly dead during the last encounter and has returned and need you to go forth and take care of him. We have also heard that there are others out there causing problems and we want you to investigate,” the king ordered his knight.

“At once, my liege.” The knight took his leave and grabbed his squire and headed out.

The sage walked out and hid among the bushes after finding his target for the night. “Alright SG...Just who are you...” The sage closely watched SomeGuy’s every move that night finally managing to determine who he was.

The Undead Knight’s crew lurked around the shadows discussing who they were going to kill. After much deliberation, they came to the decision to kill GMaster. The Undead Knight drew his sword. “I want to take this one...Begin my revenge on the worthless people of this town...“

The Exile climbed up to one of the rooftops and searched for his target. “Time to start some mayhem.” The exile leapt down from the roof and started ducking through the dark alleys of the village.

A storm began to pour down in the streets of the village. Many people ran back in their houses to escape the rain though some still traveled about for one reason or another. GMaster happened to be one of those, though on this night, he may have wished that he had gone in as well. As he was walking about, lightning flashed and a bolt struck in front of him. He jumped back and almost fell over from it. Though, he could tell something seemed unnatural about it. There were several much higher objects around him that should have drawn the bolt. Again, another bolt struck the ground in front of him. This time he was knocked off his feet and fell to the wet ground.

“What in the world is going on!?” GMaster though out loud.

“Well...It would appear my aim is a little off...Oh well...My only job was to get your attention...” the Dark Magician declared looking just behind GMaster.

“What!? ....UGH!” GMaster looked down and saw the tip of a sword protruding through his chest. He looked back just in time to see the evil smirk of the Undead Knight before all went black.

The Exile hid behind a tree watching as his target, tpaxatb, walked by. However, he wasn’t alone. “How annoying...” the exile silently cursed to himself. He pulled out one of his throwing knives and climbed in the tree he was hiding behind and settled himself, looking at his target. He readied the knife and prepared to throw. Just as he released the knife, he saw the one with tpaxatb perk up and moved into the line of fire and took the hit. “Gah...Nuisance.” The Exile retreated back deeper into the forest to avoid being found.

Tpaxatb leaned down to his fallen comrade, CP.

“I’m sorry sir...It seems I won’t be able to help you anymore,” CP managed to get out.

“Worry not my friend, I will make sure to avenge you,” Tpaxatb nodded to his friend.

CP smiled gratefully before her body went limp and the blood mixed with the falling rain.

The Cleric felt something seemed off about the night and went out to search for some he could sense was in need. The rain did not hinder his search, he would not be deterred. As he continued his search, a flash of lightning lit up the darkened sky and he could see a body laying on the ground. There appeared to be burn marks on the ground near him from something hitting the ground. The Cleric walked up to GMaster and placed a hand on his body. A white light poured from his hand over GMaster’s body as the wound through his chest began to heal and fade. Soon, GMaster began to stir as he slowly came to.

“Welcome back, friend,” the Cleric spoke to GMaster as he sat up.

GMaster looked to the cleric, “I am most grateful for you help, Cleric. I will make sure to return the favor someday.”

The Cleric nodded, “Thank you...Now, let us go...The night is still upon us and we do not want your attackers to return.”

GMaster nodded and the parted ways for the night.

Host and Game Master: Marth

1. GMaster479

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

7. Crazypainter – DEAD (Killed by Exile protecting tpaxatb) Squire

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. EDM

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

I guess I should have realized that the squire would be outed if he died...And of course that makes other things obvious too...Might need to revise that a little next game...Though I don’t know if I’ll do another Ye Olde Mafia after this...Might try to do a sequel of one of my other games. Not sure yet...Anyway, sorry to see you go so soon CP. Just luck of the draw on that one. Day 1 begins now.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Well, the night is finally over :) And we avoided one of the baddie kills, so I guess it wasn't as bad as I was expecting (RIP CP). No time before work to do much speculation but I'll go out on a limb and say that GM and tpaxatb are probably people we don't want to lynch. I'm first today so I guess I'll cast the first vote. In the few games I've played before, it seemed that most people just relied on random selection for their first votes and then the discussion started. My initial vote is based on a random selection and I'm more than willing to change it based on the day's discussion.

1. GMaster479

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude - votes for SG

5. SG

6. riranor

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. EDM

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

Woo-Hoo! Thank you Cleric wherever and whoever you are. I am very happy to be alive. 2 things I noticed. First with the squire gone the Dark Knight needs to be protected, so anyone that can do that should. Secondly, my vote is for DarthNoob for no reason other than I want to hear from him. He and SG should be the ones to speak up today

1. GMaster479 - voting for NoobishDarth

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude - votes for SG

5. SG

6. riranor

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. EDM

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

I think we learned some good stuff from last night, we need to find some of the baddies quick, since a lot of info is out there now.

My vote is totally random, and I don't agree with everything said by GMaster... Remember that the indie is still out there so none of them is 100% clear :dry:

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude - voting for SG

5. SG

6. riranor

8. JarZe - voting for DudleyDude

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. EDM

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

I think we learned some good stuff from last night, we need to find some of the baddies quick, since a lot of info is out there now.

My vote is totally random, and I don't agree with everything said by GMaster... Remember that the indie is still out there so none of them is 100% clear :dry:

Yes, but by the same token it makes those targeted last night less likely to be bad. Quite a bit less likely, in fact. Also, GMaster, we want to be protecting the Knight Captain, not the Dark Knight :P However, even that seems like a less than sound plan, to me, if only because it would be telegraphing our saves, which is rarely a good idea.

Normally I support the "random voting" strategy on day 1, but I think we're better of getting some discussion started. Plus, there's no RID this game, so people should have less trouble sharing their role. Do it if you have to (it shouldn't cause you to die), but remember that the thief can steal roles, as well.

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

5. SG - voting for NoobishDarth

6. riranor

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. EDM

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

Yes, but by the same token it makes those targeted last night less likely to be bad. Quite a bit less likely, in fact. Also, GMaster, we want to be protecting the Knight Captain, not the Dark Knight :P However, even that seems like a less than sound plan, to me, if only because it would be telegraphing our saves, which is rarely a good idea.

Normally I support the "random voting" strategy on day 1, but I think we're better of getting some discussion started. Plus, there's no RID this game, so people should have less trouble sharing their role. Do it if you have to (it shouldn't cause you to die), but remember that the thief can steal roles, as well.

I swear I remember PM saying there were RID kills for each team SG. Also you guys knew what I meant, Knight Captain not Dark Knight (sry :blush: ). Well the saves are up to whoever has them, but I felt we should throw that information out there not as a suggestion but just as a bit of information we should be aware of

And I'm going to make a revision to all the RID killers. You may not use your RID on someone whose role is blatantly obvious based on night events...In this case...the Knight Captain.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Yo, here I am.

So excited that the game's finally started!

Anyway, GMaster would like me to talk. I would really rather not be lynched, so I will oblige with his request:

I gained from my last night's action; I targeted well

Question: does the Rogue know what skill he got from the player he targeted last night, or will he not know until the next night?

The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if the baddies have some form of role detection.

If they do, then I have a very weak, minor suspicion. If they don't, then I don't have any suspicions or speculations as of yet. Therefore, I am not voting in the lynch right now. However, I will vote before the night is over if I need to, to keep myself from being lynched (as in, I would vote for DD or SG right now if the night was going to end right now).

Question: what happens in the event of a tie lynch?

Anyway, I hope that one little bit of information is enough to appease GMaster or SG and make them random another lynch vote (we've yet to hear from quite a few people, no?).

I hope to have plenty of time to participate later today! NoobishDarth out

Edited by DarthNoob

Question: does the Rogue know what skill he got from the player he targeted last night, or will he not know until the next night?

He knows the night of the action since he is able to use the power that same night.

Question: what happens in the event of a tie lynch?

In the event of a tie vote, no one dies.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

I will vote before the night is over if I need to, to keep myself from being lynched (as in, I would vote for DD or SG right now if the night was going to end right now).

We're in day 1 right now :P... :D

I have to really think about what you said, cuz I think I saw something similar in the last page... :unsure:

Ok....since I hate to choose someone to die, due to the fact that I may be chosen....I'm going in for.......(drum roll...)DudleyDude.....

i have no apparent reason, so i'm going with instinct......and a tie....for now.......(mysterious smile).....:) (c'est la vie)

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

6. riranor

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. EDM - voting for DudleyDude

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

Anyway, I hope that one little bit of information is enough to appease GMaster or SG and make them random another lynch vote (we've yet to hear from quite a few people, no?).

No. It really isn't. I believe that you are claiming something that is also being claimed by someone else (or you're claiming the thief), so, I would like to hear more.

No. It really isn't. I believe that you are claiming something that is also being claimed by someone else (or you're claiming the thief), so, I would like to hear more.

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused.

First, who else is claiming to be a role? I might have missed a post.

Second, there are multiple roles that could have gained last night: the sage, the cleric, the tower guard, the rogue, and maybe the Dark Magician. Obviously I'm hoping that GMaster will have reason to assume one of the first three.

Third, I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to say. Will you lynch me unless I reveal my role? And even if I do reveal my role, I could lie about it. I'm not sure what you want to hear.

Btw, thank you EDM for tying the vote =)

(I could have tied it, but that didn't work out so well in the brush-up game)

There are 4 baddies, 1 dead goodie, 1 known goodie, and 9 other unknown goodies. This means the odds of us getting a baddie in a lynch is low, especially with so little information. So I'd be happy with a tie lynch. (things aren't looking so bright though, 'cause now that the baddies have found out the Captain, the cleric won't be able to keep him alive for too long, which means we're going to lose our killer early game, when he's most needed late game. On the upside, it looks like the cleric might know what he's doing, or at least he has a bit of luck)

Edited by DarthNoob

As far as players being cleared from being a baddie/indie - tpaxatb. GMaster is definitely not part of the Undead Knight's gang, but that doesn't clear him from being an Exile, a really small chance and I don't think we want to push it yet.

No hard feelings, Darth. The other's suspicions are well placed and the Day is still young.

2. scsw - voting for NoobishDarth

3. tpaxatb

6. riranor

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

EDIT: Forgot my vote. I will be back from time to time to change it if there are new developments.

Edited by scsw

Exactly my thought...

First, who else is claiming to be a role? I might have missed a post.

Yeah, I think you did miss a post... Because I think you were claiming a role that someone else claimed...

there are multiple roles that could have gained last night: the sage, the cleric, the tower guard, the rogue, and maybe the Dark Magician. Obviously I'm hoping that GMaster will have reason to assume one of the first three.

Third, I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to say. Will you lynch me unless I reveal my role? And even if I do reveal my role, I could lie about it. I'm not sure what you want to hear.

I don't see how the cleric can gain any info, the tower guard is possible and the sage is more than obvious. I don't think the Dark Magician can gather info, but that's just me... I am inclined to believe SG ATM...

I am inclined to believe SG ATM...

Well, I'm not really seeking to assert anything as true, I just think that using the obvious choice for the hints given indicates that we have some overlap. I could go into more detail, but I'd rather not. Suffice it to say that if you and the other person I'm thinking of are both being honest, then one of you should likely be speaking up more.

Well, I'm not really seeking to assert anything as true, I just think that using the obvious choice for the hints given indicates that we have some overlap. I could go into more detail, but I'd rather not. Suffice it to say that if you and the other person I'm thinking of are both being honest, then one of you should likely be speaking up more.

2. scsw - voting for NoobishDarth

3. tpaxatb

6. riranor - voting for JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. Randro

Unless i am interpreting that wrong it seems as if you're accusing JarZe of something... so I am just going to place my vote for him now. I'm going to keep a watch on things for now and if i must i will change my vote.

Unless i am interpreting that wrong it seems as if you're accusing JarZe of something... so I am just going to place my vote for him now. I'm going to keep a watch on things for now and if i must i will change my vote.

Oh... no. I was talking indirectly to DarthNoob, through my quote of JarZe. Sorry for being unclear. As it stands, I'm just trying to get something concrete out of the day.

Oh... no. I was talking indirectly to DarthNoob, through my quote of JarZe. Sorry for being unclear. As it stands, I'm just trying to get something concrete out of the day.

oh okay, but I'll keep my vote for now anyway till i have more information