BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Games to Come (e.g. Mafia)

Gmaster479

I agree with shadow in a few things:

A) You and molly should probably just not talk to each other. It's obvious there's no lost love between you two.

B) We just need to end the drama. There's been, what, 3, 4 pages of this ongoing argument? It needs to stop.

C) There's other stuff, I just don't feel like posting it.

Also, I think that everybody has their own opinion. If sakura can't work a spreadsheet, no biggie. We can help her figure it out. I can't operate a lot of stuff, and a lot of the stuff is probably really simple, but I don't think anyone here would go about calling me stupid because of it. I think that we need to take a deep breath, forget the lasty few days, and start over with sakura. Also, sakura, I understand that you may have played mafia differently on other sites, and that this style is different to you. But I also know that newbies don't have a lot of say in what goes on. Believe me, I was a newb too, and I remember how it felt when noone knew me, and I was pretty much ignored. Since then, I have integrated myself in this community, and I am now respected and listened to [i hope].

Also, I hope you know that I wasn't trying to be rude to you or anything, this is just my opinion. And I also don't like the fact that Molly kept down repping you :glare: so I uprepped a couple of your posts that I didn't think were too offensive or anything.

I was the one who said that in the first place-it's best if we just don't talk to one another. However, I'm not sure even that will stop these little shots, like removing my Mafia game from the spreadsheet queue, which really wasn't anyone's place.

I don't see why considering an alternative queue that is more user-friendly is such a crime. Links and player-count are not really necessary, since those things are usually available in the sign-up thread. I would say all my games are in the larger variety.

One problem, though, is that I don't see buttons. The buttons that should be there to make your post a certain color or bold parts of it, etc. do not appear for me. Anyone know why that is?

@Sakura I don't know why that is.

I can pm you with workarounds for the lack of buttons, if you mean here on BD.

And if you have a specific game you'd like to host, I will add it to the queue again if you give me a name to use for it and a player count. I've twice put it in, with only Sakura-chan is hosting and that it's after Coup of Rhotus.

I'd really rather figure out the cause, since it's pretty hard to host a game of Mafia without the buttons.

I thought that Coup game was cancelled? Anyway, I guess I'll run Death Note Mafia. It's one a lot of people are familiar with, Death Note is pretty popular, and I can subtract a few roles depending on how many people sign up.

Try clicking "more reply options", Sak-C

And no, MM just gave the hosting away. I've taken over hosting it. How many players base-line is Death Note? *If* you can play it as initially written.

Ooh, yay! I love death note! :wub: Like, I really really love death note! You should totally host a death note mafia!

Also, the buttons to bold and italicize and underline and stuff are more like the buttons in word. [You've worked word before, right?] Yeah, the B is bold, the I is italicizing, and the U is underlining, etc etc. Also, if you know the shortcuts [like CTRL+B = Bold, and CTRL+I = Italicize, etc etc.], you can just use those. Of course, this is only for the fast reply at the bottom of the thread. I rarely use the "More Reply Options" since most things I want to say can be said using this. So don't rely on me all that much.

I'm not sure what the "if" part means. And I did try clicking on "More Reply Options". I know what the buttons should look like, but there's nothing there. The total amount of players is about 20, but I can start it with less.

In my post, Sakura? (re: the if) I mean, if you get players to fill all the spaces as initially planned, how many spaces is that. You said 20? Then that's what I'll put in the queue.

At the top of the editing box, is there a little arrow pointed to the left? If so, try clicking it and see if that helps.

I suggested "More Reply Options" because I wasn't sure if the issue was occuring only with the fast reply or with both.

Hmm... I should think that the shortcuts would still work, so if you know those, you should maybe try them. But until then, I would say go to the "Comments and Suggestions" Forum, and post a topic with what your problems are. Hopefully, rookie will be able to help you.

I'm ready to help if needed, but now back on topic ;)

That is true, ( :dry: for the lack of signups). I know that in general, they've only wanted 1 game to happen at a time, but we can try and do that.

Sakura-chan, you can go ahead and post signups as well.

Actually, according to Sak-C, her mafia has 20 players. That's gonna take a while to fill up. And just in case it does get filled up soon, TMMs usually last less than a week, so it's not like the players will have to wait a long time. Also, hopefully, if we can get one of the two mafias filled up by the end of the TMM, we can have a mafia ready to go the moment the TMM ends. And the TMM and another mafia won't play at the same time anyways, so..... *shrug*