BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Games to Come (e.g. Mafia)

Gmaster479

How am I supposed to give a complicated spreadsheet a shot? There's hardly anything wrong with pointing out that it's unnecessary. It's overly-complicated. A simple, straight-forward list works just as well.

smoth, your post doesn't make much sense to me. It's true that I'm used to a different kind of Mafia, but I'm hardly forcing anything on anyone. There has been nothing rude about my posts. I don't recall if you were part of it, but this all started over a perfectly innocent game, not what you think. The players decided the game was broken and felt they had the right to "trash" it. I was a confirmed innocent, and they lynched me for kicks. It's an unspoken rule in Mafia-you don't make it personal like that. That's what causes fights and long-term grudges. I find it very immature of people to negatively mark every single one of my posts and my profile. I haven't done the same to any of them, because it's petty and childish. If anyone else said the same stuff as me, they certainly wouldn't be getting this kind of treatment. This was all caused by a combination of the last game, which in turn was fueled by the false belief that I'm connected to someone from another Mafia site a lot of people here also play on. Because of this, I will never even be allowed to really be part of this community. Certain people will do anything to make sure I'm kept out. When I first joined, even before I'd posted much of anything, someone went around telling people to lock me out of their games. But none of this should have even been brought up here, since this is for hosting.

Would you stop?-.- I HAVE looked at it. If I hadn't, I wouldn't even know that it's a spreadsheet. And you're still mass-marking my posts. You're just being hostile, and it's a perfect example of what I said above-certain people will not let me fit in here.

I downrep every post of hers where she complains, says that something isn't fair, doesn't listen to a previous post, or is just an all-around idiot.

Then you should see that it isn't so hard.

EDIT: Just found and updated queue. Took ~3 minutes.

Edited by Molly Mae

-.- You are still doing it. It may be easy for you, who has obviously done it before, but it's not to me. I have not worked with spreadsheets, and many others likely have not. It's intimidating and complicated.

@Sakura I included instructions on editing the spreadsheet in my last @you comment. This spreadsheet is simple *for a spreadsheet*. It doesn't require using any of the more complex tools of a spreadsheet to edit, only the text-editing aspects. That's why MM is confused by you calling it difficult. It confuses me, too, but then, I tend to just muck about with things until I learn how they work regardless of how insane they are, so I know I'm not one to talk.

It's just not something I understand. That's why I suggested a list. Mafia itself is intimidating, and hosting can be as well. The queue should just be simple. There's really no need for it to be so complicated.

Sakura, you can make the suggestion all you want. However, it doesn't look like anyone else agrees with the suggestion, so further repetitions do not come across well. We have made every effort to help you figure out how to edit the spreadsheet. Please accept our help and just play along with the way things are for now. This particular spreadsheet is not very complex, and requires even less complexity to edit. This makes it difficult for players used to using spreadsheet software to understand your claim that it is "complicated".

It's just not something I understand. That's why I suggested a list. Mafia itself is intimidating, and hosting can be as well. The queue should just be simple. There's really no need for it to be so complicated.

Okay...since I don't think you're understanding. It's not complicated. It is a list. It's a list that can be accessed off-site. It's a list that keeps links in order. It's not complicated.

It's no different from typing the below line, which includes your name, the name of the game, the number of players, where it's at in queue, and a link to the game.

Sak-C's Mafia // Sakura // 9 players // Discussion // brainden.com/forum/index.php?/topic/63245/

I don't like "just lists" because they're too complicated.

Edited by Molly Mae

No one would ever agree with me. And the issues with a spreadsheet extend beyond just the difficulty editing it. Having to hunt the link down, the overall layout... It's just too complicated. Queues don't need to be that way. You don't need links, and they don't need to be off-site.

And Molly, you should probably just refrain from talking to me altogether. You can't be civil, and the last thing we need is more drama.

@Sakura re: molly: yes, he's being uncivil. However, you could also watch your responses. He's not terribly civil to anyone.

and re: the queue. The only thing *I* see truly wrong with it is that the link tends to get a couple pages back.

EDIT: which is fixed for now. Also, I put Sak-C's mafia in there, or at least, what we know of it now *shrug*

Queue

Edited by Shadow7

I just see it as too much. On every other Mafia site I've encountered, the queue is a simple list. You've got the Mafia name and the host, with the list order being the order that the games are played. When a new player wants to sign up, they just paste the queue with their name added or state that they want to sign up to host, including their game in the same post.

No one would ever agree with me. And the issues with a spreadsheet extend beyond just the difficulty editing it. Having to hunt the link down, the overall layout... It's just too complicated. Queues don't need to be that way. You don't need links, and they don't need to be off-site.

And Molly, you should probably just refrain from talking to me altogether. You can't be civil, and the last thing we need is more drama.

You just complain about everything (no exaggeration here). It's not hard to figure out how cells work. Go mess around with it for 10 minutes and you'll have it figured out. You're a smart girl.

I just see it as too much. On every other Mafia site I've encountered, the queue is a simple list. You've got the Mafia name and the host, with the list order being the order that the games are played. When a new player wants to sign up, they just paste the queue with their name added or state that they want to sign up to host, including their game in the same post.

This isn't every other mafia site. We do things differently here.

@Sakura how many players is your game? That might have been in one of your posts, but it's been lost in the drama.

And all we've changed, Sakura, is organizing the list so it's in a consistent format re: order of name, host, player count

Edit: if you give me a name and a player count, Sak-C, I'll add them to the queue. Right now all I put in was Sak-C wants to host something, but no one except her knows what it is

Edited by Shadow7

The above was directed at Molly.

My games vary on the total amount of players.

I'm saying that the format is too much. You have to look all over this big spreadsheet, and there's a lot of information that isn't neccessary, like links and player count.

Again, you really should just avoid replying to me. This doesn't need to be anything more than a civil discussion.

He is occasionally being semi-civil...the one on the top of this page was at worst only semi-civil....

But I agree. *Both* of you need to just stop talking to each other.

I'm saying that the format is too much. You have to look all over this big spreadsheet, and there's a lot of information that isn't neccessary, like links and player count.

I meant the one you wanted to add to the queue. Player count is important. If the games are small, (i.e. Rat Hunt has only 8) then another game can be run concurrently, but if the game has more, then only one can be played. Small games fill up and finish quicker. We find having that info in the queue to be useful, and the links let us look at the game and see whether it's one we want to play ahead of time.

Also, I put Sak-C's mafia in there, or at least, what we know of it now *shrug*

Queue

I took it out. Maybe not my place. I just feel that if one wants to host, the least one could do is figure out how to complete that simple task.

I took it out. Maybe not my place. I just feel that if one wants to host, the least one could do is figure out how to complete that simple task.

So that's where it went. *shrug* I'm just trying to get this whole drama over, and if adding her to the queue is what it takes, then I'll do it.

When sign-ups start we'll like to see an OP with role descriptions, wincons, player counts, factions, abilities. Here we don't sign up and then figure the game out based on # of players, we sign up to fully developed games...understand that. Work within those parameters please. If you want to play Scum style then there are other sites for that.