BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Games to Come (e.g. Mafia)

Gmaster479

That's what it sounds like to me :) I would offer to take mine back but I'm so happy to see new faces! And you know how it is before you've played a few mafias, all the confusion, we don't want to add any more :(

I'd like to have some volunteers to help me set up a "Guide to Hosting mafia." It'll include stuff you always need to make sure you have, like the orders (indy>baddy>goody, block>redirect> blah blah blah), decide if nightkill is assigned to person and/or blockable, etc. and what most hosts choose for these, tips on organizing all the info, some tips on balancing, etc. I noticed that unreality's guide was a little incomplete in this area.

Was thinking about writing something about balancing but it would need to be verified (tested)

Say assign 1 - 2 points per unique ability depending on what it is

Say 1 point assigned for having BTSC

Say 2 points added to the group for group night kills

say 1 point for being able to vote during day

for a game with 3 baddies no special abilities the group would have 8 points so should go up against 8 villagers with no abilities

@Phaze: I like your point idea. I think it will work for some smaller games. Maybe it is scalable to larger games...you could test it by checking old games. See how the numbers come out. Obviously some abilities are stronger than others, though...and the people playing them. *Shrug* I'm interested in your final point allocations, though.

@MK: After your game, I'll be hosting UN Mafia here. Unless someone else is in the lineup. Isn't there a spreadsheet somewhere? I'm going to check the OP to see...

Interesting. We could probably test that in SBM's on MafiaManiac first, and then some full length mafias. Looking at past mafias might help, too. In the guide we'll call it "Phaze's system."

I'll go after EDM and NF. my idea's all ready, i think...check my about me page and let me know what you think.

This was before Sherlock Holmes Mafia and maFBIa switched, so yeah, LJ's next.

@Nick: I don't think SBM's would make for good Chicago Trials (do people even use that term anymore?).

What I would like to see is a return of GM's below outline. It works well over on MM, but it has an Admin/Mod team to look after it. Here, as good members and hosts, we have to put up an effort to keep it timely and accurate.

Recent Games:

1. Mirror Mafia (Hirk and BB)

Current Games:

1. MaFBIa (NF and EDM)

On-Deck

2. Secret of Mana Mafia (LJayden)

3. Sherlock Holmes Mafia (MK)

4. UN Mafia (Molly)

Just realised LJ's doing a SoM. I have to clear my schedule so I don't miss it.

Edited by Molly Mae

You can update it, Nick. It's okay. I won't bite. Hard.

Recent Games:

1. Mirror Mafia (Hirk and BB)

Current Games:

1. MaFBIa (NF and EDM)

On-Deck

2. Sherlock Holmes Mafia (MK)

3. Secret of Mana Mafia (LJayden)

4. UN Mafia (Molly)

There. All updated.

I don't think we really need a "Recent Games" section...but I kinda like it. So I'm leaving it on.

I watched Gremlins last night...first time in years. Thought maybe it'd be a good theme for Mafia (especially the way I remembered it which was that they turned into Gremlins at night, but alas not true). I just wish we had more Gremlin names than Stripe and Gizmo.

Anyone want to run with that idea?

I watched Gremlins last night...first time in years. Thought maybe it'd be a good theme for Mafia (especially the way I remembered it which was that they turned into Gremlins at night, but alas not true). I just wish we had more Gremlin names than Stripe and Gizmo.

Anyone want to run with that idea?

In case you want to run with the idea ... an external link List of Gremlins

• 4 weeks later...

I updated the spreadsheet.

Regarding the next Mafia: UN Mafia, I'm waiting on Molly's response if he wants to host it now as he is currently missing and expressed a willingness to let someone else host it. I'm currently available for hosting it.

If it's OK with him / everyone I'll post signups today (19 December). I am willing to host it over Christmas where depending on the activity and players availability we can have a days/ nights last for 48 hours on some of the Christmas days.