BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Gmaster479

Question

Day 0: Monday 9/14/2009

Ahhhh High School. Good times, great friends, a bunch of random old teachers and the football games. This is what many people remember about High School.

But what most people forget is the drama, the intense stress, the bullying, the framing, the bomb threats and the vandalism that has happened and now will happen again!

-----------------------------------------G

Denzian High better known as "The Den" by most had just started their first year. It seemed like any other school year. Little did they know who was coming in to town and who was planning what. With classes starting to kick into high gear and students learning where they fall on that social totem pole, everyone was starting to get crazy. But lucky for the Den they were able to release all that frustration and anger and forget all about that by going to the Football Game, where the Denzian Tigers were trying to repeat as State Champs as well as beat their rivals in the big Season Opener on Friday.

Football meant everything at Denzian High. The now star Senior Quarterback and his best man, the team's star Defensive Lineman, owned the school and were loving every second of it. They had fans from all corners. Whether you were a band geek, goth, cheerleader, school artist, bully, or even the school drunk, you wanted the team to win. There was however one faction of students who didn't want anyone to ever see a football game, and they were those annoying good-for-nothing other than cheating off of Nerds.

The Nerds had an evil plan for all of those annoying football lovers and were ready to put it into action. They had worked the first two weeks of school getting passwords and access codes to the school's main computer system, which had control over virtually every door, window and electrical system in the school.

5 minutes before the bell rang, the nerds got up out of their seats and went to the central hub of the computer. They hooked up their laptops and hacked in and just as the final bell was supposed to ring, there was a familiar "click" the was heard throughout the school.

Instantly, every door leading outside of the school was locked. Students ran out of their seats to check on the doors only to find out that they were indeed locked in. Principal G realized this and was over the intercom immediately.

"Please students don't panic" he said as he attempted to sound collected. "This is probably just a simple malfunction and I will call the company to come..."

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Sorry to interrupt Principal G, but I figured I might as well enlighten the denser part of the school population of exactly what is going on here. We are tired of the football craze at this establishment and feel that the learning here is being put on the back burner while the most naive and lackluster students are being praised for their ability that has less than a .1% chance of getting them anywhere. We are going to make this school the most enlightened place in the entire nation even if we have to force it down your uneducated throats. This game of football that you all love is poisoning you and we will not release you till only the educated students are left in this building. Only then will we be satisfied and only then will you be released! HAHAHAHA! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..."

The deluded nerds had sent everyone into a frenzy. The entire school population was ticked off as the worst fear of any student had come to fruition. They knew they had to find these nerds out during classes and then nail them at the end of the day. Everyone was in on the plan except for 1 kid. The rival school of the Denzian Tigers, the West Denzian Trojans had sent in a spy to watch the QB and DL to try and find out what their plans were for the big game on Friday Night. But now he had the opportunity to keep them out of the game for good. He knows that if he can sneak up and kill the QB and the DL then the team will have no chance to beat them.

So can you handle all this information now that you are trapped at Denzian High. Will you ever escape or will the nerds reign supreme? And what about the football game? Will the Trojan spy foil the big game? Well we are all going to find out MAFIA STYLE

RD'S

Baddies: Nerds

- Have BTSC

- Win when they are the majority

- 1 kill per night

Alpha Nerd: Has control of the locks in the school. Can trap a person for one day/night and only they will know who that person is. Can only trap themselves once.

Beta Nerd: Has control of the video cameras in the school. Spies on one person per night and learns their role.

Gamma Nerd: Controls the copiers and printers in the school. He can fake a segment of the Night post.

Goodies: Students

- win when all the Baddies are dead

- no BTSC unless otherwise stated

QB: School Hero. Can stop someone from being lynched if he can RID them. Has BTSC with DL

DL: Best Man of school Hero. Block once per night. Block will be shown if successful. Has BTSC with QB

Cheerleader: Very pretty. Has a 50% chance of learning any players role each night.

Goth: Can choose any person and have all actions against that person directed at him. (If A. Nerd tries to trap MrsP and Goth targets MrsP, Goth gets locked up)

School Bully: Super strong. Can kill on odd nights

School Drunk: Can make one person drunk every night. 50% chance of them hungover for the lynch (can't be voted out and their vote doesn't count) Shows who gets drunk, doesn't show whether they are hungover.

Theatre Student: Can randomly copy any role and use it the next night. (Will be given a role that she copied and can perform that role the next night)

School President: Can make any vote count 2x or 0x.

Independent: Trojan High Spy

- Wins if QB and DL are dead before him and before Night 5.

"Trojan Horse": Spy on odd nights, kill on even nights.

Host: Principal G B))

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

6. crazypainter

7. DudleyDude

8. Marth

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Magic

12. scsw

Backups

NIGHT 1 ENDS AT 11 PM EST TOMMOROW. DON'T BE LATE WITH THOSE ACTIONS PLEASE

Edited by Gmaster479

• Answers 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

207 answers to this question

@DudleyDude - I'm pretty shocked that so many have jumped on the Riranor bandwagon. I'm guessing that's indicative of something, either the baddies are on him, or the goodies are on him, somehow. Or maybe it's just the evil bandwagon to work (I'm tempted to change my Rir vote, but I really don't know). I have a feeling this game is...

I'm guessing evil bandwagon at this point. I thought maybe there was an actual logic pointing to Rir being the baddie and I was somehow missing it.

@tpaxatb - Not cool! I've already gone into plenty speculation, and said why I think you and Rir are most likely suspects (didn't I?), i.e., you've already heard from me. (I'm interpreting your statement to mean you're choosing to lynch me because you haven't heard from me. I'm probably misunderstanding)

Also, by wanting revenge for the QB, do you mean go after the Trojan? I think the nerds are more dangerous. Besides, what if he decided to help us? His objective is no longer to kill goodies, but simply to survive.

When did you give your reasoning for targeting Rir? I'm not saying you didn't, but I went back and couldn't find anything. In you last big post (112) you had stated you thought Rir was the Trojan and then switched to voting for him for the lynch. You switched to tpaxatb and then back to Rir after Slick posted (and immediately after saying you now suspected Rir of being a goodie in the same post). You've jumped back and forth and I assume you have your reasons but I can't find where you've actually explained why.

@tpaxatb - Not cool! I've already gone into plenty speculation, and said why I think you and Rir are most likely suspects (didn't I?), i.e., you've already heard from me. (I'm interpreting your statement to mean you're choosing to lynch me because you haven't heard from me. I'm probably misunderstanding)

Also, by wanting revenge for the QB, do you mean go after the Trojan? I think the nerds are more dangerous. Besides, what if he decided to help us? His objective is no longer to kill goodies, but simply to survive.

You've had plenty of speculation, all right. More than enough --- some of it rather wild, IMHO. I think it's being said to obfuscate things more than anything. The way things have played out, I'd say that luck played a factor for you all along. There was a 50-50 shot that you'd hit the right target, and a 50-50 shot that you'd be stopped, all based on the way the lynch played out. We were on the losing end of that, unfortunately. I figure that I have a 50-50 shot that you are the Trojan; for me, it's between you and clozo. I want revenge for being on the wrong end more than I want a nerd. I'm betting we still have the bully, which means we still have the kill for tonight. S/he knows who to target. I haven't heard anything from you that tells me your on our side, only speculation on who the others are. And how do I know you don't want to align yourself with the nerds? It was unfortunate that CP was lynched on Day 1, but remember what I said about unintended consequences? I needed to save my own skin; and unfortunately, there was vote manipulation that, in truth, allowed the nerds to run rampant and you to win.

I have to say that i find your reasoning to be quite... well... horrible. I voted for CP on the fact that i didn't trust her, and at the time SCSW either. both of them looked suspicious and i was all for a tie as well, but for some reason that didn't work out quite as planned. That and it was first day lynch and we all are still suspicious, right now you're just trying to go for a target that seems easy to strike down and hopefully get some answers. I'm sorry to say that voting for me right now is delaying our chance for actually finding out who some of the nerds are, and we are all falling for their grasp.

I have to say that i find your reasoning to be quite... well... horrible. I voted for CP on the fact that i didn't trust her, and at the time SCSW either. both of them looked suspicious and i was all for a tie as well, but for some reason that didn't work out quite as planned. That and it was first day lynch and we all are still suspicious, right now you're just trying to go for a target that seems easy to strike down and hopefully get some answers. I'm sorry to say that voting for me right now is delaying our chance for actually finding out who some of the nerds are, and we are all falling for their grasp.

That's a lame defense and, if you believe that someone else is more suspicious than yourself then why haven't you voted yet? Looks like you are waiting for a bandwagon of your own to get yourself off the lynch.

Also voting for you will not delay us goodies' chances, it will only help us. How about telling us who you are then?wink.gif

I have nothing to doubt this accusation.

Would anyone care to add their opinions, regarding this matter?

Edited by akaslickster

Sorry guys, I missed almost this entire day.

Host: Principal G cool.gif

1. Mrs. P - poisoned by the Trojan Spy - found to be the QB

2. Clozo- voting for Riranor

3. akaslickster - voting for Riranor

4. Riranor

5. Marth2 - voting for Riranor

6. crazypainter - fell into the underworld and found to be the Defensive Linemen

7. DudleyDude - voting for Riranor

8. Marth - compassed by the Nerds

9. DarthNoob - Voting for Riranor

10. tpaxatb - voting for DarthNoob

11. Derrai - voting for Riranor

12. scsw - robot choked by the Nerds

INDIE: WIN

That's a lame defense and, if you believe that someone else is more suspicious than yourself then why haven't you voted yet? Looks like you are waiting for a bandwagon of your own to get yourself off the lynch.

Also voting for you will not delay us goodies' chances, it will only help us. How about telling us who you are then?wink.gif

I have nothing to doubt this accusation.

Would anyone care to add their opinions, regarding this matter?

I think I'm torn at the moment. I don't have any real reason to doubt the accusation but that would probably be true for more than half the players. The more I reread DN's recent posts, the more they confuse me. I do think there is a really good chance he's the Trojan and I'm not sure if he's siding with the goodies or the baddies or just trying to make sure someone other than him gets hung. You've thrown out some weird accusations yourself but that might be based on an actual strategy that I just don't understand yet (I still can't think of why someone would bother to check the boards anonymously while they are also logged in.) Riranor, Clozo and Derrai have been so quiet that I have no real idea which side they are on. I'm not convinced that Marth2 is necessarily a good guy. Am I the only one who noticed that there didn't appear to be a fake news post on N1 but there was on N2? I think I understand why we didn't want to have our Bully kill on N1 because of the bad odds but is there a good reason they wouldn't post something on N1? And tpaxatb posts a lot but doesn't really say very much.

You posted the first vote of the day and made it against Riranor simply saying you "had suspicions". Marth2 is the only one who presented an actual argument and it seemed to be completely based on D1 voting when we were all voting completely blind. Anyway, I'll leave my vote for now but I'd really like to hear actual arguments or reasons as to why people are being accused. I'm not sure if I'd be better off voting for someone w/o really knowing whether they are goodie/baddie or voting for someone I am pretty sure is the Trojan.

Host: Principal G cool.gif

1. Mrs. P - poisoned by the Trojan Spy - found to be the QB

2. Clozo- voting for Riranor

3. akaslickster - voting for Riranor

4. Riranor - voting for Derrai

5. Marth2 - voting for Riranor

6. crazypainter - fell into the underworld and found to be the Defensive Linemen

7. DudleyDude - voting for Riranor

8. Marth - compassed by the Nerds

9. DarthNoob - Voting for Riranor

10. tpaxatb - voting for DarthNoob

11. Derrai - voting for Riranor

12. scsw - robot choked by the Nerds

INDIE: WIN

Derrai is my suspect, he has jumped onto the bandwaggon this entire game, he stated his first vote was from Random.org, but i find that a little far fetch and he didn't come in to change it at all after we got info. He voted for me today, and Tpax the other day. I for one voted logically on who i think is a baddie, CP was a mistake to vote for i admit, but i had no idea she was going to die! i kept my voting hoping it would tie and then she died on us. Most the reasons based on me that I've seen link back to that when it honestly was just a mistake.

A long time ago, not to mention any names, I noticed someone checking the profiles of the other Mafia players.

That enables him to spy on what time they were on this site. He visited mine and maybe 3 other players maybe to get an idea of who is using BTSC, and match with the same times. After that I urged everyone to log on anonymously, to protect their own privacy during these games. I don't need any nose in my business, whether a goodie or a baddie.

My perception directs me toward Riranor more than anyone else as a nerd. Alot of it is in the posts that he made. They give me this sense that he is being deceptive. I will be glad to switch my vote if I could find a more nerdier nerd.thumbsup.gif

This post seems a bit seedy. We were in trouble then and now. Just seems lame.

Derrai is my suspect, he has jumped onto the bandwaggon this entire game, he stated his first vote was from Random.org, but i find that a little far fetch and he didn't come in to change it at all after we got info. He voted for me today, and Tpax the other day. I for one voted logically on who i think is a baddie, CP was a mistake to vote for i admit, but i had no idea she was going to die! i kept my voting hoping it would tie and then she died on us. Most the reasons based on me that I've seen link back to that when it honestly was just a mistake.

Sounds like you found a scapegoat.

I don't understand what i am saying that is making you too believe me being a baddie, could you please go into more detail?

Yes, I think you have been lying low, unless needed to speak. These above posts just sound fabricated.

If I'm wrong then kill me. I don't want to kill Derrai with less to go on. I will bet that the baddie that is voting for you will change before the lynch soooo, don't fret it.wink.gif

Edited by akaslickster

I got Tpax on random.org, no bandwagoning there.

I jumped on this bandwagon specifically because you seem so untrustworthy, like Slick sounded in these past few games. (Doesn't sound like it this time, so I'm not suspicious about them)

I think you're trying to pin some blame on me.

I am telling you all I'm not a nerd, i dont want to out myself though, now i am being forced to watch a movie so i will admit my role when im come back and the tides haven't turned. Good Luck Goodies, if i die i hope you can all still when without me

I got Tpax on random.org, no bandwagoning there.

I jumped on this bandwagon specifically because you seem so untrustworthy, like Slick sounded in these past few games. (Doesn't sound like it this time, so I'm not suspicious about them)

I keep reading the same thing about the other site over and over.

This is the Den, playing Mafia. We've been warned to stay with this topic. I can't be sure you are a goodie any the more. Hmmmmm.

Apparently, I'm taking my wife to dinner tonight so I might not make it back before the lynch (And yes, I tried to explain to her that day cycles were more important than night cycles but I couldn't sway her vote.) I hope we are right this time with the choice and good luck with the vote. I'll try to make it back before the day cycle is over but I'm not optimistic.

Just posting to say that I'm tired and going to bed, and I won't be participating until tomorrow (er, Saturday, as in I'll still provide a night action, assuming I don't get last minute lynched or whatever)

I haven't read anything since I last posted, so hopefully nothing's been asked of me

Good night

EDIT: here's to hoping a nerd gets lynched, and here's to hoping that this post isn't suspicious somehow... I'm a bit tempted to read through the posts I haven't read and to reply and stuff, but I really am totally tired

Edited by DarthNoob

Slick, I used an RNG for my first vote and am a block candidate. There was no evidence to go on, and we lost CP when one of the voters for Tpax was blocked. Now I'm simply jumping on a bandwagon for a suspicious person. I might be missing something here, but I believe it's Rir.

Riranor, Clozo and Derrai have been so quiet that I have no real idea which side they are on.

Ok firstly the bit about me being so quiet, well I have no information from my night actions and I'm not the most observant person ever (as a couple of you might of figured that out already) so I havn't picked up anything in the day posts, except for this-

Am I the only one who noticed that there didn't appear to be a fake news post on N1 but there was on N2? I think I understand why we didn't want to have our Bully kill on N1 because of the bad odds but is there a good reason they wouldn't post something on N1?

You say you noticed something was fake? What was it?

Slick, I used an RNG for my first vote and am a block candidate. There was no evidence to go on, and we lost CP when one of the voters for Tpax was blocked. Now I'm simply jumping on a bandwagon for a suspicious person. I might be missing something here, but I believe it's Rir.

RNG? Block? I'm confused enough without outside items interfering in this game. We know for fact that at least one baddie is voting for Riranor. Before we make this final, does anyone have any second thoughts or should we just keep it as is?

Seeing we've had such a rotten start in the game. We may need to accept defeat again regardless of Riranor.

He still did not claim to be anyone yet. I think he's looking for somone who must be alive, let's help him.

Hey, Riranor, you are the spy right?laugh.gif

Edited by akaslickster

Well, sorry I just got back from bowling (did well, too!) which is why i haven't been around. It's been an interesting day to say the least. I still say we should have gotten revenge for the death of our QB, but <shrug>...the bully can take care of that tonight :D