BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Gmaster479

Question

Day 0: Monday 9/14/2009

Ahhhh High School. Good times, great friends, a bunch of random old teachers and the football games. This is what many people remember about High School.

But what most people forget is the drama, the intense stress, the bullying, the framing, the bomb threats and the vandalism that has happened and now will happen again!

-----------------------------------------G

Denzian High better known as "The Den" by most had just started their first year. It seemed like any other school year. Little did they know who was coming in to town and who was planning what. With classes starting to kick into high gear and students learning where they fall on that social totem pole, everyone was starting to get crazy. But lucky for the Den they were able to release all that frustration and anger and forget all about that by going to the Football Game, where the Denzian Tigers were trying to repeat as State Champs as well as beat their rivals in the big Season Opener on Friday.

Football meant everything at Denzian High. The now star Senior Quarterback and his best man, the team's star Defensive Lineman, owned the school and were loving every second of it. They had fans from all corners. Whether you were a band geek, goth, cheerleader, school artist, bully, or even the school drunk, you wanted the team to win. There was however one faction of students who didn't want anyone to ever see a football game, and they were those annoying good-for-nothing other than cheating off of Nerds.

The Nerds had an evil plan for all of those annoying football lovers and were ready to put it into action. They had worked the first two weeks of school getting passwords and access codes to the school's main computer system, which had control over virtually every door, window and electrical system in the school.

5 minutes before the bell rang, the nerds got up out of their seats and went to the central hub of the computer. They hooked up their laptops and hacked in and just as the final bell was supposed to ring, there was a familiar "click" the was heard throughout the school.

Instantly, every door leading outside of the school was locked. Students ran out of their seats to check on the doors only to find out that they were indeed locked in. Principal G realized this and was over the intercom immediately.

"Please students don't panic" he said as he attempted to sound collected. "This is probably just a simple malfunction and I will call the company to come..."

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Sorry to interrupt Principal G, but I figured I might as well enlighten the denser part of the school population of exactly what is going on here. We are tired of the football craze at this establishment and feel that the learning here is being put on the back burner while the most naive and lackluster students are being praised for their ability that has less than a .1% chance of getting them anywhere. We are going to make this school the most enlightened place in the entire nation even if we have to force it down your uneducated throats. This game of football that you all love is poisoning you and we will not release you till only the educated students are left in this building. Only then will we be satisfied and only then will you be released! HAHAHAHA! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..."

The deluded nerds had sent everyone into a frenzy. The entire school population was ticked off as the worst fear of any student had come to fruition. They knew they had to find these nerds out during classes and then nail them at the end of the day. Everyone was in on the plan except for 1 kid. The rival school of the Denzian Tigers, the West Denzian Trojans had sent in a spy to watch the QB and DL to try and find out what their plans were for the big game on Friday Night. But now he had the opportunity to keep them out of the game for good. He knows that if he can sneak up and kill the QB and the DL then the team will have no chance to beat them.

So can you handle all this information now that you are trapped at Denzian High. Will you ever escape or will the nerds reign supreme? And what about the football game? Will the Trojan spy foil the big game? Well we are all going to find out MAFIA STYLE

RD'S

Baddies: Nerds

- Have BTSC

- Win when they are the majority

- 1 kill per night

Alpha Nerd: Has control of the locks in the school. Can trap a person for one day/night and only they will know who that person is. Can only trap themselves once.

Beta Nerd: Has control of the video cameras in the school. Spies on one person per night and learns their role.

Gamma Nerd: Controls the copiers and printers in the school. He can fake a segment of the Night post.

Goodies: Students

- win when all the Baddies are dead

- no BTSC unless otherwise stated

QB: School Hero. Can stop someone from being lynched if he can RID them. Has BTSC with DL

DL: Best Man of school Hero. Block once per night. Block will be shown if successful. Has BTSC with QB

Cheerleader: Very pretty. Has a 50% chance of learning any players role each night.

Goth: Can choose any person and have all actions against that person directed at him. (If A. Nerd tries to trap MrsP and Goth targets MrsP, Goth gets locked up)

School Bully: Super strong. Can kill on odd nights

School Drunk: Can make one person drunk every night. 50% chance of them hungover for the lynch (can't be voted out and their vote doesn't count) Shows who gets drunk, doesn't show whether they are hungover.

Theatre Student: Can randomly copy any role and use it the next night. (Will be given a role that she copied and can perform that role the next night)

School President: Can make any vote count 2x or 0x.

Independent: Trojan High Spy

- Wins if QB and DL are dead before him and before Night 5.

"Trojan Horse": Spy on odd nights, kill on even nights.

Host: Principal G B))

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

6. crazypainter

7. DudleyDude

8. Marth

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Magic

12. scsw

Backups

NIGHT 1 ENDS AT 11 PM EST TOMMOROW. DON'T BE LATE WITH THOSE ACTIONS PLEASE

Edited by Gmaster479

• Answers 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So true tpaxatb. So true. Sorry guys was jamming with the other musical ppl around my floor and lost track of time. If your still awake in 20 minutes it'll be a great Day post.

ARGH you tease. On two fronts. This post, and now I wish it was 10...errrrrr...wow, I mean 15 years ago. (WOW! 15 years already?!?!)

Day 2: Mob Rules Rally Caps

All the students were feeling as glum as ever. Every fear and mythical allusion of the education system had come true at the same time. The big game was a few nights away and they knew that even if they did escape they would only be able to watch their team fail as their two leaders lay either dead or underneath the school.

"We need to get revenge on that stupid Trojan Spy. He is making it worse for us than it has to be." declared Tpaxatb. "I want revenge for the QB"

Unfortunately for tpaxatb, no one seemed to agree with him. They wanted to get out a nerd and they knew exactly who to target.

-----------------------------G

Riranor tried to keep quiet when all the insanity went on about the debate. He really felt lonely most of the time. After a while he heard a lot of yelling outside his hideout room. Just before the mob of students went to turn a corner Riranor walked out and simply said

"Hey guys, what's going on?"

Within seconds everyone said "GET HIM" and started chasing him through the hallways. He flew through the hallways keeping just ahead of the large mob that was slowed with the amount of people trying to get at Riranor. Just as he felt he was getting away, he was done in by the school statue. The Tiger statue that sat in front of the gymnasium was the most prized possession the school had and it sat their every day with its claw sticking out into the hallway. Riranor ran with so much force that he hit this little "Kat" and it tore him to shreds. The students caught up with him and saw him sprawled out and bloodied with his laptop sitting next to him. One of the students opened the laptop and said.

"Hey, he has the hacking software to the printers. Here is that message from last night"

The students were on a comeback as the Gamma Nerd was chucked into the detention hall to suffer with CP. If only Riranor had looked out for those claws.

--------------------------------------------G

END OF DAY 2

1. Mrs. P - poisoned by the Trojan Spy - found to be the QB

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster

4. Riranor - clawed by the Tiger and found to be the Gamma Nerd

5. Marth2

6. crazypainter - fell into the underworld and found to be the Defensive Linemen

7. DudleyDude

8. Marth - compassed by the Nerds

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

12. scsw - robot choked by the Nerds

INDIE: WIN

Night 3 ends at 12 PM EST. Sorry I was late. That's college for you ;) .

Ohhhhhhh, GM..that was....punny! (the Kat reference)

Edit: And now that the suspense is over (woohoo) i can finally take my drunk (insert-your-reference here) to bed :D)

Edited by tpaxatb

Feeling better after nice, loooooong sleep. =)

@Principle G

I don't suppose we'll be able to see what the changes to do the night posts were, will we?

When did you give your reasoning for targeting Rir? I'm not saying you didn't, but I went back and couldn't find anything. In you last big post (112) you had stated you thought Rir was the Trojan and then switched to voting for him for the lynch. You switched to tpaxatb and then back to Rir after Slick posted (and immediately after saying you now suspected Rir of being a goodie in the same post). You've jumped back and forth and I assume you have your reasons but I can't find where you've actually explained why.

My main reason was probably (I don't rightly remember myself) the fact that he was one of the few to vote for CrazyPainter. Maybe it was just lucky intuition... either way, huzzah! We made a good choice for once.

You've had plenty of speculation, all right. More than enough --- some of it rather wild, IMHO. I think it's being said to obfuscate things more than anything. The way things have played out, I'd say that luck played a factor for you all along. There was a 50-50 shot that you'd hit the right target, and a 50-50 shot that you'd be stopped, all based on the way the lynch played out. We were on the losing end of that, unfortunately. I figure that I have a 50-50 shot that you are the Trojan; for me, it's between you and clozo. I want revenge for being on the wrong end more than I want a nerd. I'm betting we still have the bully, which means we still have the kill for tonight. S/he knows who to target. I haven't heard anything from you that tells me your on our side, only speculation on who the others are. And how do I know you don't want to align yourself with the nerds? It was unfortunate that CP was lynched on Day 1, but remember what I said about unintended consequences? I needed to save my own skin; and unfortunately, there was vote manipulation that, in truth, allowed the nerds to run rampant and you to win.

Fascinating post. This game does get interesting...

First off, the wilder my speculation gets, the less I take stock in it, and the less I expect others to follow it; my aim is that maybe one of my speculations might spark somebody else to think of something better.

Now, if I was the Trojan, at least for tonight I would not be a priority pick for goodies or baddies, as the Trojan can only spy on odd nights, and therefore he presents on danger to either side, at least for now. So please, feel free to think of me as the Trojan! =D

Derrai is my suspect, he has jumped onto the bandwaggon this entire game, he stated his first vote was from Random.org, but i find that a little far fetch and he didn't come in to change it at all after we got info. He voted for me today, and Tpax the other day. I for one voted logically on who i think is a baddie, CP was a mistake to vote for i admit, but i had no idea she was going to die! i kept my voting hoping it would tie and then she died on us. Most the reasons based on me that I've seen link back to that when it honestly was just a mistake.

Makes me think Derrai is either a bright goodie, or the cheerleader goodie. Going back to Day 1:

MrsP (dead goodie, QB), DudleyDude, Derrai voted for tpaxatb

Clozo, akaslickster voted for RainThinker (now Marth2)

Riranor (dead nerd, gamma), tpaxatb, scsw (dead goodie) voted for CrazyPainter (dead goodie, DL)

And now adding Day 2:

Clozo, akaslickster, Marth2, DudleyDude, DarthNoob, and Derrai voted for Riranor

Riranor voted for Derrai

tpaxatb voted for DarthNoob

I think it'd be quite possible tpaxatb is a nerd, and the third nerd is hiding, either Clozo or akaslickster, assuming that none of the nerds took the chance to vote for one of their own (which is quite possible). Or maybe tpaxatb, Clozo, akaslickster are goodies, and Marth2's a baddie, along with DudleyDude and Derrai, who are the only ones left, I think (and whoever reads this can of course switch their name out and replace it with mine). Really, I don't think I have anything more solid than I did before, but at least we're not lynching yet; we're going to get to see another unedited night post (or could he have edited this latest one, despite dying? Ugh.)

A long time ago, not to mention any names, I noticed someone checking the profiles of the other Mafia players.

That enables him to spy on what time they were on this site. He visited mine and maybe 3 other players maybe to get an idea of who is using BTSC, and match with the same times. After that I urged everyone to log on anonymously, to protect their own privacy during these games. I don't need any nose in my business, whether a goodie or a baddie.

Woah, that's wicked. Now I'm starting to regret my semi-addiction and habit of logging in so often... lol.

How do you log in anonymously? EDIT: nevermind, haha, I figured it out

I was just assuming the "fish in a barrel" bit was a post from the nerds. I guess GM might have put it in on his own, but my first reaction was that it was from the nerds. But since no one else has commented on it, I could be mistaken.

I'm not sure why Riranor would have put something like that in there, unless he was just being cocky (if so, payback!). I'm really not sure what the Gamma is able to do with his ability... I don't think we can know whether he was blocked either of the nights

Long post! Weehoo.

Edited by DarthNoob

Hooray!!!!!! It's about time. I knew I smelled a nerd. My ESP is on for now!laugh.gif Whose next?

EDIT: Someone please save me tonight. I'm now a big threat to them.sad.gif

I sure hope we have a student, who can keep me alive longer. I know one out of two people on my nerd list is definitely guilty. I will reveal both of them right before the night post, in case I don't survive.

Also, I want to add, that I think Riranor may have voted for Derrai, only to throw us off course.

Only a possibility I thought about. That would make Derrai a nerd. Not sure about that. Am I thinking too hard guys???wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

Slick, stop accusing me or I'll cut you. (Teehee...High School Drama Joke)

I myself have no idea what will happen tonight, the two stronger nerds are at large, and trust me, I'm not one of them, I haven't been a baddie in a game to date.

Slick, stop accusing me or I'll cut you. (Teehee...High School Drama Joke)

I myself have no idea what will happen tonight, the two stronger nerds are at large, and trust me, I'm not one of them, I haven't been a baddie in a game to date.

If I was Riranor, in his predicament, voting for you would be a good scheme. However, you were not one of the two on my nerd list, yet.

I will wait for more input from the others before I make any hasty decisions in the near future.cool.gif

Also, before I need to edit, just because you have not been a baddie to date is absolutely no reason to save your neck. That would be lamer than Riranors posts.laugh.gif

EDIT: I hope everyone reads this. NERDS BEWARE!

Edited by akaslickster

Now I must post this because I'm going out to dinner.

The two on my nerd list are: Clozo and Darthnoob. I may not live past tonight so, I believe one or the other or both deserve to be destroyed as nerds. I'm pretty sure at least one of them is a nerd. I was correct about Riranor, though, he was not able to fool me. No offense intended about being lame, Riranor.

I'll return @ about 20:30 MST or 11:30 EST, to see the outcome. Bully do your stuff if you're existent.thumbsup.gif

Night 3 - Delirious Delusions

The school drunk was once again roaming around the school, his supply of liquor was going fast as he had began drinking more with this whole predicament. No football, and nerds still existent made this a bad time. He was wondering along when he saw DarthNoob chilling alone and felt he needed some liquid courage to help him out. They both spent their time happy as can be laughing their asses off talking about whatever popped into their minds.

--------------------------G

The nerds were ready for their attack. They were depressed at the loss of their friend but were eager to carry on and see it through to the end. Beta Nerd walked out calmly into the hallways. While most of the students were in class, he once again knew that two of the people were not where they were supposed to be.

"Easy prey" he thought.

DarthNoob was very drunk along with the School Drunk but DN had a little too much to drink. He was in a bit of a partying mood still and the real drunk couldn't stand him being like that so he left him to puke his way out of his misery. Just as the School Drunk left, the nerd came up to DarthNoob and seeing how drunk he was, didn't even need to sneak around to use the "super glove" he had made for knocking out his. He simply punched him in the face with his new technological creation and Darthnoob simply puked and keeled over. There was nothing else that needed to be done for the night. Now all the nerds had to do was survive the lynch

--------------------------G

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster

5. Marth2

6. crazypainter - fell into the underworld and found to be the Defensive Linemen

7. DudleyDude

9. DarthNoob - Knocked out senseless by super fist by the Nerds

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

Day 3 ends at 11 PM EST.

Well, that was unexpected. I'd say why, but I've already said why, and plus I'm knocked unconscious (not dead I hope!).

Anyway, twas fun, and I can't say I'm displeased with how it went, haha. Wish me luck regaining my senses!

I'd write a few rhymes but I'm tired. =/

Host: Principal G cool.gif

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster-voting for Clozo

5. Marth2

7. DudleyDude

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

This is my best hunch at the moment. I have seen nothing to make me doubt it.

Of course, a good defense will change my mind. Maybe.

Also, different time zones will not exuse nerds. Hmph.cool.gif

Host: Principal G cool.gif

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster-voting for Clozo

5. Marth2

7. DudleyDude - voting for tpaxatb

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

Can't say I'll miss DN from this game since I'm pretty sure he was neither baddie nor goodie. I never trusted he wouldn't side with the baddies if given a chance.

@akaslickster - your instinct has been pretty good so far this game but I haven't seen or heard enough from Clozo to have an opinion yet. I'm pretty certain you're another goodie and also pretty certain about Marth2. Of the remaining, I think tpaxatb has been the "quirkiest" so far so I'm going to start my vote with him. But I'll be watching to see what Clozo has to say as well. Maybe random.org was right about him from the beginning. And like you, I'm more than willing to change my vote depending on today's posts. We really need to make sure we get one of the baddies with this lynch.

Yes. This is a must for a nerd lynch. The problem in this game is that I have no proof of anyone yet.

If I was a nerd, I would not be as inactive as Rainthinker, lest it harm the other two. That is why Marth 2 is most likely a student or possibly indy.

Clozo has been going with the flow but, like Riranor she only speaks when needed. Obviously, she does not want to bring attention to herself. Most nerdish at the moment, to me.

I could be all wrong about tpaxatb, and I just don't sense it.

You, Dudley, are nearly in the same category as I think of tpaxatb.

Then as I meant earlier, Riranor was doomed anyways but, it could help nerds if he voted for one (Derrai)???

Question: If the Indy was dead, would we know about it, and who it was?

wacko.gifFor now , I'm sticking this way. I don't have enough to run with.wacko.gif