BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Gmaster479

Question

Day 0: Monday 9/14/2009

Ahhhh High School. Good times, great friends, a bunch of random old teachers and the football games. This is what many people remember about High School.

But what most people forget is the drama, the intense stress, the bullying, the framing, the bomb threats and the vandalism that has happened and now will happen again!

-----------------------------------------G

Denzian High better known as "The Den" by most had just started their first year. It seemed like any other school year. Little did they know who was coming in to town and who was planning what. With classes starting to kick into high gear and students learning where they fall on that social totem pole, everyone was starting to get crazy. But lucky for the Den they were able to release all that frustration and anger and forget all about that by going to the Football Game, where the Denzian Tigers were trying to repeat as State Champs as well as beat their rivals in the big Season Opener on Friday.

Football meant everything at Denzian High. The now star Senior Quarterback and his best man, the team's star Defensive Lineman, owned the school and were loving every second of it. They had fans from all corners. Whether you were a band geek, goth, cheerleader, school artist, bully, or even the school drunk, you wanted the team to win. There was however one faction of students who didn't want anyone to ever see a football game, and they were those annoying good-for-nothing other than cheating off of Nerds.

The Nerds had an evil plan for all of those annoying football lovers and were ready to put it into action. They had worked the first two weeks of school getting passwords and access codes to the school's main computer system, which had control over virtually every door, window and electrical system in the school.

5 minutes before the bell rang, the nerds got up out of their seats and went to the central hub of the computer. They hooked up their laptops and hacked in and just as the final bell was supposed to ring, there was a familiar "click" the was heard throughout the school.

Instantly, every door leading outside of the school was locked. Students ran out of their seats to check on the doors only to find out that they were indeed locked in. Principal G realized this and was over the intercom immediately.

"Please students don't panic" he said as he attempted to sound collected. "This is probably just a simple malfunction and I will call the company to come..."

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Sorry to interrupt Principal G, but I figured I might as well enlighten the denser part of the school population of exactly what is going on here. We are tired of the football craze at this establishment and feel that the learning here is being put on the back burner while the most naive and lackluster students are being praised for their ability that has less than a .1% chance of getting them anywhere. We are going to make this school the most enlightened place in the entire nation even if we have to force it down your uneducated throats. This game of football that you all love is poisoning you and we will not release you till only the educated students are left in this building. Only then will we be satisfied and only then will you be released! HAHAHAHA! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..."

The deluded nerds had sent everyone into a frenzy. The entire school population was ticked off as the worst fear of any student had come to fruition. They knew they had to find these nerds out during classes and then nail them at the end of the day. Everyone was in on the plan except for 1 kid. The rival school of the Denzian Tigers, the West Denzian Trojans had sent in a spy to watch the QB and DL to try and find out what their plans were for the big game on Friday Night. But now he had the opportunity to keep them out of the game for good. He knows that if he can sneak up and kill the QB and the DL then the team will have no chance to beat them.

So can you handle all this information now that you are trapped at Denzian High. Will you ever escape or will the nerds reign supreme? And what about the football game? Will the Trojan spy foil the big game? Well we are all going to find out MAFIA STYLE

RD'S

Baddies: Nerds

- Have BTSC

- Win when they are the majority

- 1 kill per night

Alpha Nerd: Has control of the locks in the school. Can trap a person for one day/night and only they will know who that person is. Can only trap themselves once.

Beta Nerd: Has control of the video cameras in the school. Spies on one person per night and learns their role.

Gamma Nerd: Controls the copiers and printers in the school. He can fake a segment of the Night post.

Goodies: Students

- win when all the Baddies are dead

- no BTSC unless otherwise stated

QB: School Hero. Can stop someone from being lynched if he can RID them. Has BTSC with DL

DL: Best Man of school Hero. Block once per night. Block will be shown if successful. Has BTSC with QB

Cheerleader: Very pretty. Has a 50% chance of learning any players role each night.

Goth: Can choose any person and have all actions against that person directed at him. (If A. Nerd tries to trap MrsP and Goth targets MrsP, Goth gets locked up)

School Bully: Super strong. Can kill on odd nights

School Drunk: Can make one person drunk every night. 50% chance of them hungover for the lynch (can't be voted out and their vote doesn't count) Shows who gets drunk, doesn't show whether they are hungover.

Theatre Student: Can randomly copy any role and use it the next night. (Will be given a role that she copied and can perform that role the next night)

School President: Can make any vote count 2x or 0x.

Independent: Trojan High Spy

- Wins if QB and DL are dead before him and before Night 5.

"Trojan Horse": Spy on odd nights, kill on even nights.

Host: Principal G B))

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

6. crazypainter

7. DudleyDude

8. Marth

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Magic

12. scsw

Backups

NIGHT 1 ENDS AT 11 PM EST TOMMOROW. DON'T BE LATE WITH THOSE ACTIONS PLEASE

Edited by Gmaster479

• Answers 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

207 answers to this question

Darth, I did'nt mean you were inactive but, if you did'nt show up today at all, I would believe it. Cp will grab the next slot. So we're back in business.smile.gif

I'm planning on being around all night long, on the computer at work. I guess we'll lose another player tonight.sad.gif The odds seem to be against us, as of now. I better act now in case I can't at work.wink.gif

Night 2: Rhythms, Patterns and Good Nights

Tonight was a good night, a good good night. The Alpha Nerd was ready to take down another annoying student. But this time they were prepared. All the students were in the gymnasium trying to figure out how to stay awake all night to protect themselves from the nerds. The nerds were comfortably in their headquarters when they finally saw the break they needed. scsw had gotten the short straw and was waiting outside one of the entrances. He was starting to nod off but suddenly heard a noise at the other end of the gym. He ran around to the other side to see what had happened, but alas, it was nothing. scsw's paranoia had gotten the best of him again. He walked back slowly and saw a textbook and a candy bar. He immediately recognized it as a trap. Trying to determine which one would lead him to trouble, he didn't see what was right above him. It was Alpha Nerd's robot. Using his long extendable arm he grabbed scsw and choked him. Landing on the ground and finishing the job, the robot picked up scsw's body and hung him from the ceiling. One student was awoken by all the ruckus outside. Groggily awakening himself he went to check on scsw. He looked around for a bit, but he was smart enough to look up and see the robot and scsw's bloodied body stuck to the ceiling. He ran in and locked the door and got everyone to wake up. No one was safe anymore

The remaining students had huddled together for protection. One by one, they finally succumbed to sleep, all hoping that the same number would safely wake up in the morning. But MrsP could not fall asleep and was nearing a breakdown. All the killing and false accusations had made her anxious. Luckily, the drunk was feeling friendly and offered to share a little liquid courage. It didn't take much and MrsP was soon soundly asleep with the others.

The nerds laugh:

Three down six to go. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

MrsP was asleep along with everyone else now. The Trojan Spy had woken up to find everyone asleep. Trying to find the QB, he paced around with his poison he was given by his team to make his kills. He walked by MrsP and saw that she was fast asleep. She had always seemed suspicious and figured that if anything it would start giving himself better chances to find their star QB by getting her out of the way. Placing the poison in her mouth, MrsP swallowed it and within minutes her body went limp. She fell over and as she did, the Trojan Spy saw her wrist. On that wrist was a wristband, with every play that the Tiger football team ever had. Overjoyed he calmed himself! He had everything he needed and had won! Now, all he had to do was escape...

END OF NIGHT 2

1. Mrs. P - poisoned by the Trojan Spy - found to be the QB

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster

4. Riranor

5. Marth2

6. crazypainter - fell into the underworld and found to be the Defensive Linemen

7. DudleyDude

8. Marth - compassed by the Nerds

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

12. scsw - robot choked by the Nerds

INDIE: WIN

Day 2 ends at 11 PM EST. Don't be late.

Long story short guys, the Indie has won, but he obviously can't escape, and therefore the game continues. I had to state MrsP's role in order to clarify why the Trojan Spy has won. The Trojan Spy will be declared a winner whether he gets killed now or not, and he can now is a free roaming student with his powers still existent.

Host: Principal G cool.gif

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster-voting for Riranor

4. Riranor

5. Marth2

6. crazypainter - fell into the underworld and found to be the Defensive Linemen

7. DudleyDude

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

Nice game guys. Seems so hopeless to go on but, I have suspicions now. The spy will probably escape somehow. Let's try to lynch a nerd this time. Be back later. I may change this vote as well.

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster - voting for Riranor

4. Riranor

5. Marth2

7. DudleyDude

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

Does anybody have any idea who scsw was? Or for that matter, Marth? Well, I guess Marth knows... haha. I wonder if he could tell us.

So, there are 8 of us left, 3 baddies, 4 goodies, and the trojan.

In Day 1's lynch, this was the ultimate vote...

MrsP, DudleyDude, Derrai voted for tpaxatb

Clozo, akaslickster voted for RainThinker (now Marth)

Riranor, tpaxatb, scsw voted for CrazyPainter

We now know CrazyPainter was the DL and MrsP was the QB

Possibilities:

DudleyDude or Derrai is the cheerleader, and tpaxatb is bad

Riranor or tpaxatb have good chances to be the trojan

RainThinker/Marth must be a goodie, so we must protect him from a lynch. Of course, the baddies wouldn't lynch him unless they all revealed their roles, but seeing as how they're doing so well, they might do that anyway... gah. This is ridiculous... losing two of our main players, and two others, and none of the nerds are dead! Not fair. -.-

Anyway... right, so Marth is safe until Night 3.

I have a sneaky suspicion that originally Marth was the bully, seeing as how the goodies have never managed to kill anybody. Which means the remainders are cheerleader, goth, school drunk, theater student, and school president, minus whoever scsw was (and scsw was not the drunk. Unless the gamma nerd messed with the night post. Gr.). Scsw is twice as likely to have been the goth than anything else (twice the death chance).

I hope the goodies are able to derive more logic from this post than the baddies... are for that matter, more than I'm deriving from it.

I think, if I had to lynch now, I'd pick Riranor or tpaxatb. Slick says he has suspicions, but he might be a baddie. Ultimately, I can't just not vote like I did Day 1... I have to hope whoever gets lynched is a baddie this time (50/50 chance at least). So... guess I'll go with Riranor

(Btw, I went to sleep at 4:00, got up a little while ago. It is sooooooooo nice getting eight hours of sleep for a change!)

Edit:

2. Clozo!

4. Riranor

5. Marth2

7. DudleyDude

9. DarthNoob - voting for tpaxatb

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

Changed my mind and chose tpaxatb, because I remember last game (the brush up) I made some good arguments against bandwagoning (though I don't remember what I said specifically, lol), and I don't want to make my second vote ever to be a bandwagon

Edited by DarthNoob

Does anybody have any idea who scsw was? Or for that matter, Marth? Well, I guess Marth knows... haha. I wonder if he could tell us.

So, there are 8 of us left, 3 baddies, 4 goodies, and the trojan.

In Day 1's lynch, this was the ultimate vote...

MrsP, DudleyDude, Derrai voted for tpaxatb

Clozo, akaslickster voted for RainThinker (now Marth)

Riranor, tpaxatb, scsw voted for CrazyPainter

I wanted to point out that I didn't vote for tpaxatb on the first day. I think I voted for Clozo (but this was completely determined by random.org.) I think MrsP was the 3rd vote against tpaxatb.

RainThinker/Marth must be a goodie, so we must protect him from a lynch. Of course, the baddies wouldn't lynch him unless they all revealed their roles, but seeing as how they're doing so well, they might do that anyway... gah. This is ridiculous... losing two of our main players, and two others, and none of the nerds are dead! Not fair. -.-

Anyway... right, so Marth is safe until Night 3.

Why do you assume that Marth2 must be a goodie? Is there a rule about replacements that says he must be a goodie or am I missing something obvious strategy-wise?

I have a sneaky suspicion that originally Marth was the bully, seeing as how the goodies have never managed to kill anybody. Which means the remainders are cheerleader, goth, school drunk, theater student, and school president, minus whoever scsw was (and scsw was not the drunk. Unless the gamma nerd messed with the night post. Gr.). Scsw is twice as likely to have been the goth than anything else (twice the death chance).

I'm not sure I'd take too much from bully not acting on the 1st night. It was certainly my understanding that it was smarter for the bully to not randomly kill on the first night because of the odds favoring a goodie kill. Hopefully we'll get a goodie kill action tonight.

Well...I would tell my previous role, but that would be kinda cheating, so I won't :P

It's quite possible that both tpaxatb and Riranor are bad but I'm not entirely sure of that just yet. tpaxatb could have just voted for CP since it was between the 2 of them and was trying to keep the vote tied (As it did tie at the time of his vote) or he was hoping someone else would push the vote to CP's favor to keep from dying. So out of the 2 I'm going to go with Riranor.

Oh and Darth, please don't put a vote in quotes as it becomes difficult to keep up since you can't quote another quote. :thumbsup:

2. Clozo!

4. Riranor

5. Marth2 - voting for Riranor

7. DudleyDude -

9. DarthNoob - Voting for tpaxatb

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

Dudley, why were you typing something, and then all of a sudden you decided to go anonymous before you posted above. I keep an eye on things, and that arouses my suspicion a bit. Perhaps I will change my vote even sooner than anticipated. Busted!laugh.gif

I'm the other anonymous user Slick :P

Dudley, why were you typing something, and then all of a sudden you decided to go anonymous before you posted above. I keep an eye on things, and that arouses my suspicion a bit. Perhaps I will change my vote even sooner than anticipated. Busted!laugh.gif

Well, I guess I'm kind of glad that you "keep an eye on things" but I really have no idea what you're talking about. I started to reply to DN simply to point out that he was incorrectly stating my previous vote. But then I had some questions for the rest of his post so I took my time typing the reply. I'm still pretty new at this but why in the world would someone check the board anonymously while they are logged in? I guess that Marth was on as anonymous based on his post but I truly don't understand why you would accuse me of doing it or why it would be "Busted!" worthy. Very weird

Why do you assume that Marth2 must be a goodie? Is there a rule about replacements that says he must be a goodie or am I missing something obvious strategy-wise?

Crap. I was thinking that since Marth was a goodie before, he must be replacing a goodie, because it'd be bad to give the baddies more info, or something... ugh.

Oh and Darth, please don't put a vote in quotes as it becomes difficult to keep up since you can't quote another quote. :thumbsup:

Sorry I forgot to take it out of quotes!

Well I noticed his name dissappear before he posted. Not a big deal I guess.

I do think we're correct about Riranor. Let's eliminate him.thumbsup.gif

Hm... the moment you say that, I start getting suspicious that Riranor is a goodie and you and Marth are baddies eager to get this day over and win the game (if the baddies get another goodie, the game will be over, right?).

But maybe you're just confident because you're secretly the cheerleader.

Aaaagh.

But as far as I know, Riranor is a likely suspect, and two votes may not be enough to lynch him (due to the school president or drunk), so let's hope he's the right choice...

2. Clozo!

4. Riranor

7. DudleyDude -

9. DarthNoob - voting for Riranor

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

-clears a spot on the bandwagon-

2. Clozo- voting for Riranor

4. Riranor

7. DudleyDude -

9. DarthNoob - Voting for Riranor

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

I don't see any flaw in your resonings really, and Rir has time to defed himself to us.

EDIT: added the vote I missed :)

Edited by clozobozo

He must be a nerd. We are running out of people.

Clozo was here but, she didn't post anything. Maybe because of her cell phone?

Indy already won anyways. This is for 2nd place I guess.

We should have killed at least one nerd by now. We must be out of powers.ohmy.gif

xD Still here!

Just had a break mid-post for eating ;)

I'll go fix up my other post now and add the missing vote.

4. Riranor

7. DudleyDude -

10. tpaxatb - voting for Riranor

11. Derrai

Seriously....SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? GM, what is it about the indies in your games???? Sheesh. I go to bed, and wake up to find this???? <sigh>.

Edit: removed part of clozo's quote

Edited by tpaxatb

I'll join for now but I'm finding this game perplexing. I'm still not sure exactly why Rir is suspicious (or any more suspicious than anyone else). (Seriously, so far this game seems to be based heavily on nuance. I'd really appreciate it if someone could make a strategy based recap when it's over to explain the thought processes and what makes one person suspicious over another.)

[b]Host: Principal G cool.gif

4. Riranor

7. DudleyDude - voting for Riranor

10. tpaxatb - voting for Riranor

11. Derrai

I'm jumping off the bandwagon. I want revenge for the death of our QB.

(Edit: and what I mean to say is I want to hear from more than one person)

4. Riranor

7. DudleyDude - voting for Riranor

10. tpaxatb - voting for DarthNoob

11. Derrai

Edited by tpaxatb

@DudleyDude - I'm pretty shocked that so many have jumped on the Riranor bandwagon. I'm guessing that's indicative of something, either the baddies are on him, or the goodies are on him, somehow. Or maybe it's just the evil bandwagon to work (I'm tempted to change my Rir vote, but I really don't know). I have a feeling this game is...

10% luck,

20% skill,

15% concentrated power of will,

5% pleasure,

50% pain,

And 100% reason to remember the name!

@tpaxatb - Not cool! I've already gone into plenty speculation, and said why I think you and Rir are most likely suspects (didn't I?), i.e., you've already heard from me. (I'm interpreting your statement to mean you're choosing to lynch me because you haven't heard from me. I'm probably misunderstanding)

Also, by wanting revenge for the QB, do you mean go after the Trojan? I think the nerds are more dangerous. Besides, what if he decided to help us? His objective is no longer to kill goodies, but simply to survive.

@whoever - Here's to hoping Riranor shows up, with some kind of response