BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Gmaster479

Question

Day 0: Monday 9/14/2009

Ahhhh High School. Good times, great friends, a bunch of random old teachers and the football games. This is what many people remember about High School.

But what most people forget is the drama, the intense stress, the bullying, the framing, the bomb threats and the vandalism that has happened and now will happen again!

-----------------------------------------G

Denzian High better known as "The Den" by most had just started their first year. It seemed like any other school year. Little did they know who was coming in to town and who was planning what. With classes starting to kick into high gear and students learning where they fall on that social totem pole, everyone was starting to get crazy. But lucky for the Den they were able to release all that frustration and anger and forget all about that by going to the Football Game, where the Denzian Tigers were trying to repeat as State Champs as well as beat their rivals in the big Season Opener on Friday.

Football meant everything at Denzian High. The now star Senior Quarterback and his best man, the team's star Defensive Lineman, owned the school and were loving every second of it. They had fans from all corners. Whether you were a band geek, goth, cheerleader, school artist, bully, or even the school drunk, you wanted the team to win. There was however one faction of students who didn't want anyone to ever see a football game, and they were those annoying good-for-nothing other than cheating off of Nerds.

The Nerds had an evil plan for all of those annoying football lovers and were ready to put it into action. They had worked the first two weeks of school getting passwords and access codes to the school's main computer system, which had control over virtually every door, window and electrical system in the school.

5 minutes before the bell rang, the nerds got up out of their seats and went to the central hub of the computer. They hooked up their laptops and hacked in and just as the final bell was supposed to ring, there was a familiar "click" the was heard throughout the school.

Instantly, every door leading outside of the school was locked. Students ran out of their seats to check on the doors only to find out that they were indeed locked in. Principal G realized this and was over the intercom immediately.

"Please students don't panic" he said as he attempted to sound collected. "This is probably just a simple malfunction and I will call the company to come..."

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Sorry to interrupt Principal G, but I figured I might as well enlighten the denser part of the school population of exactly what is going on here. We are tired of the football craze at this establishment and feel that the learning here is being put on the back burner while the most naive and lackluster students are being praised for their ability that has less than a .1% chance of getting them anywhere. We are going to make this school the most enlightened place in the entire nation even if we have to force it down your uneducated throats. This game of football that you all love is poisoning you and we will not release you till only the educated students are left in this building. Only then will we be satisfied and only then will you be released! HAHAHAHA! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZBUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..."

The deluded nerds had sent everyone into a frenzy. The entire school population was ticked off as the worst fear of any student had come to fruition. They knew they had to find these nerds out during classes and then nail them at the end of the day. Everyone was in on the plan except for 1 kid. The rival school of the Denzian Tigers, the West Denzian Trojans had sent in a spy to watch the QB and DL to try and find out what their plans were for the big game on Friday Night. But now he had the opportunity to keep them out of the game for good. He knows that if he can sneak up and kill the QB and the DL then the team will have no chance to beat them.

So can you handle all this information now that you are trapped at Denzian High. Will you ever escape or will the nerds reign supreme? And what about the football game? Will the Trojan spy foil the big game? Well we are all going to find out MAFIA STYLE

RD'S

Baddies: Nerds

- Have BTSC

- Win when they are the majority

- 1 kill per night

Alpha Nerd: Has control of the locks in the school. Can trap a person for one day/night and only they will know who that person is. Can only trap themselves once.

Beta Nerd: Has control of the video cameras in the school. Spies on one person per night and learns their role.

Gamma Nerd: Controls the copiers and printers in the school. He can fake a segment of the Night post.

Goodies: Students

- win when all the Baddies are dead

- no BTSC unless otherwise stated

QB: School Hero. Can stop someone from being lynched if he can RID them. Has BTSC with DL

DL: Best Man of school Hero. Block once per night. Block will be shown if successful. Has BTSC with QB

Cheerleader: Very pretty. Has a 50% chance of learning any players role each night.

Goth: Can choose any person and have all actions against that person directed at him. (If A. Nerd tries to trap MrsP and Goth targets MrsP, Goth gets locked up)

School Bully: Super strong. Can kill on odd nights

School Drunk: Can make one person drunk every night. 50% chance of them hungover for the lynch (can't be voted out and their vote doesn't count) Shows who gets drunk, doesn't show whether they are hungover.

Theatre Student: Can randomly copy any role and use it the next night. (Will be given a role that she copied and can perform that role the next night)

School President: Can make any vote count 2x or 0x.

Independent: Trojan High Spy

- Wins if QB and DL are dead before him and before Night 5.

"Trojan Horse": Spy on odd nights, kill on even nights.

Host: Principal G B))

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

6. crazypainter

7. DudleyDude

8. Marth

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Magic

12. scsw

Backups

NIGHT 1 ENDS AT 11 PM EST TOMMOROW. DON'T BE LATE WITH THOSE ACTIONS PLEASE

Edited by Gmaster479

• Answers 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

In this place we all know, School

Home to many faces both cool and uncool

The nerds have taken over, how dare they rule

The rest of us locked up and feeling like fools

That's my little poem, to start this game here

You know how I enjoy setting the atmosphere

Edited by DarthNoob

Oh Mr Principal:

When the Theatre Student steals a role, s/he uses it the following night, correct? Does this mean that on the second night, the person from whom s/he stole the role does not have his/her ability? Or does it mean that the Theatre Student acts IN ADDITION to the original owner? In addition, let's say the TS steals the bully on N1, does that mean the TS can kill on N2, even though the Bully is inactive on N2?

Also, I understand properly when I say the Goth basically redirects to himself? So he can suicide if his target is targetted for a kill?

For the alpha nerd, do i read the trap correctly meaning that his/her target is blocked AND saved during the night, and cannot vote AND cannot be lynched the following day (superblock/supersave) or just a subset of that?

Oh Mr Principal:

When the Theatre Student steals a role, s/he uses it the following night, correct? Does this mean that on the second night, the person from whom s/he stole the role does not have his/her ability? Or does it mean that the Theatre Student acts IN ADDITION to the original owner? In addition, let's say the TS steals the bully on N1, does that mean the TS can kill on N2, even though the Bully is inactive on N2?

Okay, its a COPY not a steal, so the original owner of the role still has that role to use that night. The copy is only good for one night. Then the student gets sent a new role

Also, I understand properly when I say the Goth basically redirects to himself? So he can suicide if his target is targetted for a kill?

Yes, just as appropriate as the game before

For the alpha nerd, do i read the trap correctly meaning that his/her target is blocked AND saved during the night, and cannot vote AND cannot be lynched the following day (superblock/supersave) or just a subset of that?

Yep thats it exactly

Edited by Gmaster479

ok, thanks...one more quickie about the Theatre Student, which wasn't (i don't think) answered:

If the theatre student copies one of the time restricted roles, (E.G. The Bully), will the TS suffer the time restriction the following night:

The TS steals the bully on N1. The Bully can only kill on odd nights. The TS can only use the bully's role on N2...can the TS still kill on N2? Same goes for the Trojan, but reverse the nights...

ok, thanks...one more quickie about the Theatre Student, which wasn't (i don't think) answered:

If the theatre student copies one of the time restricted roles, (E.G. The Bully), will the TS suffer the time restriction the following night:

The TS steals the bully on N1. The Bully can only kill on odd nights. The TS can only use the bully's role on N2...can the TS still kill on N2? Same goes for the Trojan, but reverse the nights...

No time restrictions, if student copies the bully night 1 student can kill night 2

sorry i'm being a bother but...I promise (well, maybe) that this should be my last Q

Is there any punishment for the QB on an unsuccessful RID? If not, is there any limit to the number of attempts he can make throughout the day???

@ tpaxatb: Don't worry because of all the changes I'm expecting questions I'm happy to get them out of the way. QB gets 1 RID attempt per day, no penalty

@ scsw: Yes I'll be using random.org to determine what move the Theatre Student copies. It's like the copier only you get a shot at everybody.

STILL WAITING ON SOME ACTIONS WITH 4 HOURS LEFT...

Night 1: Inebriation encompassed

The Beta Nerd was nervously pacing through this whole night. The nerds had targeted one of their biggest enemies in the school and knew that if they got this kill off that their power would be more certain in the school. Beta Nerd had held off as long as he could. He had frantically searched the cameras, trying to find his target in all the screens and monitors. He then realized that he had nothing to fear. No plan was needed for this kill tonight, but there would be no doubt in its reasoning.

-------------------------------------------G

The other nerds were getting impatient waiting on their friend. In their headquarters they had all done their work for the night. Waiting for their friend to strike their target. All was quiet as the rest of the students had fallen asleep during class that night. But two students were actually enjoying their 24 hour school day...because they weren't in class. Marth and the drunk were chilling in the gymnasium with a large bottle of vodka. As they were drinking their troubles away, they heard a faint noise. They thought it came from the closet with all of the equipment. Being inebriated enough to be intrigued by it, they walked over to the door and knocked on it. As they listened to the echo of their knocking, the door flung open knocking both of them to the ground. Beta Nerd came out and stabbed Marth with his compass. The School Drunk, having been used to being drunk saw it happen and ran like hell to find everyone and before anyone could be awoken by the Drunk, Beta Nerd vanished to Headquarters to be cheered for his efforts. As the students gathered to see PM's blood all over the gymnasium, the nerds gave a loud hoorah as their first step to school domination had been taken.

-------------------------------------------G

End of Night 1

Day 1 ends at 11:00 PM EST tommorow.

Host: Principal G B))

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

6. crazypainter

7. DudleyDude

8. Marth - compassed by the Nerds

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

12. scsw

Edited by Gmaster479

Hmm...quite violent for a Nerd. So guys, I'm Magic's replacement. Any clues as of yet?

Aw crud!!! Evidently the drunk and the nerd had chosen Marth for actions. At least he went painless. Not good at all for the beginning of this game. I hope some reasonable stratedgy will come about, to avenge them nerds. I guess I will be the first to vote, while most are asleep. I need to use the only possible thinking at this moment. It looks like I will pick the one who is the most quiet for now. Look out for the bandwagonneeers! They usually give themselves away by following the crowd. *Posting soon after extreme concentration*huh.gif

Host: Principal G cool.gif

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster-voting for-RainThinker

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

6. crazypainter

7. DudleyDude

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb

11. Derrai

12. scsw

I hope I am not making a boo-boo. Let's here from you please. I'll return this afternoon after some business.

Also, be minded that this vote may change just as fast as it had been guessed.

Wooohoooo! that's two in a row that i survived the first night

This part always screws with my head :wacko: Sooooo, after some deep thought, and consultations with random.org and subject to change...:

PS> Mr Principal, what happens in a tie lynch?

Host: Principal G cool.gif

1. Mrs. P

2. Clozo!

3. akaslickster-voting for-RainThinker

4. Riranor

5. RainThinker

6. crazypainter

7. DudleyDude

9. DarthNoob

10. tpaxatb - voting for -scsw

11. Derrai