BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia 2 Sign up

How does the Dark Magician's ability work? If the King dies, does the Prince get to use both powers simultaneously? If two baddies die, does the recruit get both powers simultaneously, or the ability to switch between powers, or choose between powers, or is he just stuck with one? Does the tower guard just see who targeted who? What happens if the Town Guard protects the Undead Knight, who is targeted by the Cleric? The "last man standing" part of the Exile, does that mean he has to be alive when either the baddies or goodies have won, or that he literally has to be the only person alive?

I've got an idea for how randomization could work:

The prince has a 25% of learning the role. How about guaranteeing that he gets it once every 4 nights? On the first night, give him a 1/4 chance, then on the second night 1/3 if he didn't get it the first night, then on the third night 1/2, and the last night guaranteed. But if he happens to get it earlier, he has 0 chance until the next set of 4 nights rolls along.

The dark magician will pick a player and they will look like whatever role he says. {{Example: DarthNoob will look like the Undead Knight.}} And so if the Sage happens to spy on you that night, you will appear as the Undead Knight instead of whatever role you really are.

Yes, the Prince will be able to use both powers simultaneously.

The recruit will only take on the power of the FIRST member of the baddies to die.

The tower guard will pick a player and see who they target. So if you were the Knight Captain and chose to target Slick and the tower guard chose to watch you he would get: DarthNoob targetted Slick

Since the Cleric isn't an technically killing role, the Undead Knight would still die.

He has to be the last person alive. I hard task but still possible. SG almost pulled it off last game and may have if he hadn't leaked his role on the last night.

And I'll take the idea for the Prince's role learning into consideration. Hope that clears it up for you. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. GMaster479

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

7. crazypainter

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10. MrsP

11. Panther

12. NoobishDarth

13. woon

14. akaslickster

15. sayalzah

I have never played before, so if anybody wants to join they can take my place.

Uhh...I feel a bit iffy about this...A new user with only 1 post and joined the site about an hour ago...I've had some bad experiences with brand new users of the site being inactive...

Edit: Why not try first to get a feel first before joining a full sized game.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Quick question about the indie's wincon:

What happens if the scenario is:

Prince dies by the indie's hand prior to the king dying by other-than-indie-means? Does the indie win at that point, or must he be the last man standing? In other words, is the indie's wincon satisfied only if he kills the current king?

Oh, and will it become known if the prince becomes the king?

Quick question about the indie's wincon:

What happens if the scenario is:

Prince dies by the indie's hand prior to the king dying by other-than-indie-means? Does the indie win at that point, or must he be the last man standing? In other words, is the indie's wincon satisfied only if he kills the current king?

Oh, and will it become known if the prince becomes the king?

If he kills the prince before he becomes king and the king dies another way, the Exile must be last standing. I'm tempted to to change that win con a little since it is a bit complicated. My thought would be to outlive the King, Prince, and Undead Knight.

• 1 month later...

Ok...I'm going to redo this sign up. I may get rid of the secret abilities since roles will likely be switched and I don't want people to know other secret abilities. Please make sure you will be active. Game will likely start when sign ups are complete or after Scooby Doo.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Ok...I'm going to redo this sign up. I may get rid of the secret abilities since roles will likely be switched and I don't want people to know other secret abilities. Please make sure you will be active. Game will likely start when sign ups are complete or after Scooby Doo.

1. GMaster479

One more time. Please sign up for Scooby Doo too so we can get these 2 going

1. GMaster479

2. Riranor

3. JarZe

4. SG

15. Lost in Space (LIS)

Backup:

1. Framm

Second verse, hopefully different from the first. Same as LIS though, I'll step out if someone else wants the spot.

1. GMaster479

2. Riranor

3. JarZe

4. SG

5. Cp

6. DarthNoob

15. Lost in Space (LIS)

Backup:

1. Framm

Here we go again

How many million did my last one sell? Screw it, I'm going for ten

It's never gonna stop

And every time I bleeding hit you, it's going straight to the, top of the charts

The champion

- We Right Here by DMX

Edited by DarthNoob

Roster:

1. GMaster479

2. Riranor

3. JarZe

4. SG

5. Cp

6. DarthNoob

13.akaslickster

15. Lost in Space (LIS)

Backup:

1. Framm

PLEASE NOTE:*As usual, I work all of my daylight hours (MST), on Mon. and Tues. without int. access. I'll be active enough all the rest of the week. BTW, something about #13 that I like.wacko.gif

Edited by akaslickster