BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ye Olde Mafia 2 Sign up

Here's a sequeal to Ye Olde Mafia. Pretty much the same game as last time, but with a few tweaks and Secret Abilities :o Roles and rules will be in next post.

1. GMaster479

Here's a link to the previous game:

Edited by Prince_Marth85

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night/Day: Nights and Days will be the standard 24 hour cycle. The first night and day will be extended for BTSC set up to be fully established.

Role Revealing: Each faction has an RID killer so do not reveal roles. Even if it is untrue. Ability will be taken in the event a role is revealed.

Coded Messages: Let's not have a repeat of last time. No coded messages.

Baddies: Win by killing all the innocents and the independent. Or if they become the majority. (Chooses 1 player to kill every night.) Have BTSC.

Undead Knight The Dark Knight raised as the Undead. Cannot die at night. If saved by the cleric, will be killed by the clerics white magic.

Dark Magician A powerful dark mage. Can cause a player to appear as any role he wants.

Rogue - Master theif...There's nothing he can't steal. Steals a players role ability each night but cannot steal the same person 2 times in a row, cannot steal the ability of a team mate. (The person he targets loses their ability)

Recruit: New member of the group. Takes on the role of baddie that dies. Always appears as "Recruit" if checked by the Sage.

Innocents: Win by killing all the baddies

King: May PM the host at any time during the vote to end the day early. (Please note the post number in the PM.)

Prince: Order's the guards to capture one player each DAY. That player cannot be lynched that day or killed the next night and will be released the following day. There is a 25% chance that the prince will learn the role of the one he captured. The Prince may not capture the same person again. If the King dies, the Prince becomes King and gains the Kings ability on top of his own.

Knight captain: Kills each night. BTSC with the Squire. Cannot die as long as the Squire is alive.

Squire: BTSC with the Knight Captain. He admires the captain and will die for him if targetted.

Cleric: May save one player each night including himself but not the same player 2 nights in a row.

Sage: May investigate 1 player each night and learn their role.

Tower Guard: May watch a player each night and see the action they take.

Town Guard: May protect 1 player each night. However, if the person he protects is targeted, he dies instead. (Outed if he dies in this way)

Bard: Uses a magical lute to cause a player to uncontrollably begin to dance, negating their night action.

Coroner: Learns the identity of any role that died that night.

Independent: Wins by killing the King. (Or Prince if the Prince becomes the King)

Exile: Can kill each night. If the King dies by any other means but him, he must be the last player standing.

If you need any clarification on anything or have any questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by Prince_Marth85

Seems fun, count me in! (I tried to stop playing Mafia until the school year was over, but I just can't!)

1. GMaster479

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

7. crazypainter

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

Been a while since I was on, looks like a good game for me to start with.

Hey Panther! It's been almost a year since I last saw you here! It's good to have you back :) I still remember I had a small grudge on you for killing me in my first mafia :P

Grr...I want to sign up so, so bad, but school stuff is really piling up fast and it doesn't seem like it will go down until December :(

1. GMaster479

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

7. crazypainter

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10.MrsP

11.Panther

12.NoobishDarth (reminds me of the word nebbish)

Congrats on your stellar win in HSM Darthnoob. Impressed I am.:thumbsup:

If slick, IDNE and woon sign up we would have enough players. ;)

As you wish! :)

1. GMaster479

2. scsw

3. tpaxatb

4. DudleyDude

5. SG

6. riranor

7. crazypainter

8. JarZe

9. Derrai

10.MrsP

11.Panther

12.NoobishDarth (reminds me of the word nebbish)

13.woon

How does the Dark Magician's ability work? If the King dies, does the Prince get to use both powers simultaneously? If two baddies die, does the recruit get both powers simultaneously, or the ability to switch between powers, or choose between powers, or is he just stuck with one? Does the tower guard just see who targeted who? What happens if the Town Guard protects the Undead Knight, who is targeted by the Cleric? The "last man standing" part of the Exile, does that mean he has to be alive when either the baddies or goodies have won, or that he literally has to be the only person alive?

I've got an idea for how randomization could work:

The prince has a 25% of learning the role. How about guaranteeing that he gets it once every 4 nights? On the first night, give him a 1/4 chance, then on the second night 1/3 if he didn't get it the first night, then on the third night 1/2, and the last night guaranteed. But if he happens to get it earlier, he has 0 chance until the next set of 4 nights rolls along.