BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Lost In Translation

plainglazed

Question

tors as well in the barricade several underwater projectile researcher is not neces

c_________________________________________________________________________________s

e_________________________________________________________________________________a

l_________olf a ot ralimis noitnevni ralullec eht pirg latrop a ekil tupa_________r

f_________o_____________________________________________________________k_________y

e_________r________________________________________________________________________

r__________covering the railings I perch kinda dehyrated per ca_________s_________a

______________________________________________________________l_________u__________

e_____________________________________________________________c_________h_________b

lahni ylpeed ot drawnevaeh ssehc tuoba dael eht ni niamer deifi_________t_________i

__________________________________________________________________________________t

________________________________________________________________________t__________

is particular instance gale after the still owning the poke with a triden_________o

h_________________________________________________________________________________f

t__________________________________________________________________________________

_derutpac er'yeht hcihw ni spmal suoirolg eht slevart lrig eht niaga dna bro desolc

• Answers 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

lol, I'm running out of sayings.

I feel your pain, no really...

On top of the/your game

The use of "game" as translation of the "connecting" word was already used on the "other end" so no can do.

Ride the lightning?

Hey DN, never say never but in this case, lightning doesnt strike twice (see Wilson's below)

Hey PG.

Awesome Man, pure awesome!

1. covering the railings I perch - sitting on the fence

2. perch kinda dehydrated - like a fish out of water

3. dehydrated per calcified remain - dry as a bone

4. remain in the lead about chess - stay ahead of the game

5. chess heavenward-the games up?/raise your game?

6. heavenward to deeply inhale-head in the clouds?

7. inhale reflectors as well - smoke and mirrors

8. well in the barricade-In with the bricks?

9. barricade several underwater projectile - dam the torpedoes

10. projectile researcher is not necessary - doesn't take a rocket scientist

11. necessary a bit of closed orb - need some shut-eye

12. orb and again the girl travels-

13. travels the glorious lamps- Trips the light fantastic?

14. lamps in which they're captured - caught in the headlights

15. captured this particular instance - seized the moment

16. instance gale - A real blow?

17.gale after the still -Second wind?

18. still owning the poke - left holding the bag

19. poke with a trident thus kaput - stick a fork in me, I'm done

20. kaput like a portal grip - dead as a door knob

21. grip the cellular invention - hold the phone

22. invention similar to a floor covering - lie like a rug

Hey Wilson, so kind of you to say and thanks for having your share ;) . Spot on for 13. I had different for 16 and 17 but yours fit the bill (your 17 was my 16). For 8, what are you like? Just kidding, that one fits too. Still off on 5. & 6. Cheers

8. well in the barricade - ________________ or in with the bricks

13. travels the glorious lamps - trips the lights fantastic

16. instance gale - second wind or a real blow

17. gale after the still - _________________ or second wind

5. chess heavenward- Squared up?

6. heavenward to deeply inhale- High and mighty?

12. orb and again the girl travels- Dizzy blonde?

Best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft a-gley. But you do make it hard to say no. Extremely well thought out as always. Gonna say the interpretation of the "connector" words need be a little more direct. Not much mind you. And I think half of twelve is on the same track as mine.

5. chess heavenward- Squared up?/Square(Set?) the board up?

6. heavenward to deeply inhale- High and mighty?/Act(Get all?) high and mighty?

12. orb and again the girl travels- Dizzy blonde?/She turns heads?

Hey Wilson, more fine thoughts. Gonna stick to the original plan for now on these.

has nothing to do with the game - tiger_lily111, you out there? (and 12. has a very tiny bit of PoW in there)

check up?

tors as well in the barricade several underwater projectile researcher is not neces

c_________________________________________________________________________________s

e_________________________________________________________________________________a

l_________olf a ot ralimis noitnevni ralullec eht pirg latrop a ekil tupa_________r

f_________o_____________________________________________________________k_________y

e_________r________________________________________________________________________

r__________covering the railings I perch kinda dehyrated per ca_________s_________a

______________________________________________________________l_________u__________

e_____________________________________________________________c_________h_________b

lahni ylpeed ot drawnevaeh ssehc tuoba dael eht ni niamer deifi_________t_________i

__________________________________________________________________________________t

________________________________________________________________________t__________

is particular instance gale after the still owning the poke with a triden_________o

h_________________________________________________________________________________f

t__________________________________________________________________________________

_derutpac er'yeht hcihw ni spmal suoirolg eht slevart lrig eht niaga dna bro desolc

'above board' or even 'board up'

seems I've got myself in a pickle. nothing wrong with either of those DD. the second one will require a different answer than I originally had for 6. though. but now I have no doubt that there may be many. there still is another I think you may like using yet another form of "chess"

EDIT: Great fun especially with this sudden flurry of activity. Have to run home. Will check back in twenty minutes.

Edited by plainglazed

calm before the storm

calm before the storm

Yes hambone, got that one dead to rights.

17. gale after the still - calm before the storm or second wind

be back in twenty minutes...

:D

check up... And then thinking of what a southern proctologist with a weird sense of humor might say (ch'ess heavenward)...

ok maybe not...

too funny! thanks for the chuckle

Grass? Sooo...Grass(ed) Up? Supergrass?

Aside.Do we have this term in common UK/US?

the answer is an idiom I believe common to both. I realized from the start that this puzzle might not be so universal internationally. Makes your answers all the more impressive.

Round and round she goes...

good one dD, right on the money.

12. orb and again the girl travels - around and around she goes

17. gale after the still - calm before the storm or second wind

backs against the wall.