BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Lost In Translation

plainglazed

Question

tors as well in the barricade several underwater projectile researcher is not neces

c_________________________________________________________________________________s

e_________________________________________________________________________________a

l_________olf a ot ralimis noitnevni ralullec eht pirg latrop a ekil tupa_________r

f_________o_____________________________________________________________k_________y

e_________r________________________________________________________________________

r__________covering the railings I perch kinda dehyrated per ca_________s_________a

______________________________________________________________l_________u__________

e_____________________________________________________________c_________h_________b

lahni ylpeed ot drawnevaeh ssehc tuoba dael eht ni niamer deifi_________t_________i

__________________________________________________________________________________t

________________________________________________________________________t__________

is particular instance gale after the still owning the poke with a triden_________o

h_________________________________________________________________________________f

t__________________________________________________________________________________

_derutpac er'yeht hcihw ni spmal suoirolg eht slevart lrig eht niaga dna bro desolc

• Answers 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Jkb and Wilson, sorry I've neglected this one. Yesterday being a "holiday" here, am expected to squeeze two days of work into one. Had intended to much earlier give some direction. This is more of a puzzle than a riddle. One where there will be a list of answers. The "endless chain" of words just obfuscates where each "clue" starts. May give some more ideas about the structure but am thinking it will become evident after two are solved next to each other.

I first thought that you maybe took normal riddles and then ran them through an online translator and then back again into English but I couldn't figure anything out by thinking that way. And Wilson's guess of 'nine' made me think of Lennon saying 'number nine' over and over in Revolution 9 (Beatles on my mind today

:) ) so I thought maybe a list of song titles that have been double translated but I couldn't find much that way either. So I decided to move on to maybe cryptic clues since they tend to be weirdly worded anyway. It's a big stretch, but it's all I have at the moment.

Is not necessary a bit of closed

a bit of closed -> cLOSEd -> lose

is not necessary (i.e., is unneeded) ->lose

lose?

I first thought that you maybe took normal riddles and then ran them through an online translator and then back again into English but I couldn't figure anything out by thinking that way. And Wilson's guess of 'nine' made me think of Lennon saying 'number nine' over and over in Revolution 9 (Beatles on my mind today

:) ) so I thought maybe a list of song titles that have been double translated but I couldn't find much that way either. So I decided to move on to maybe cryptic clues since they tend to be weirdly worded anyway. It's a big stretch, but it's all I have at the moment.

Is not necessary a bit of closed

a bit of closed -> cLOSEd -> lose

is not necessary (i.e., is unneeded) ->lose

lose?

Hey DD-

not that, in fact, there really are not any cryptic construction style/charade-like play on words at all in this one. Cool idea re the online translator but not that either. And not the song title list. Good thoughts all, please keep at it.

cellular invertion= phone or grout

similar to floor covering= concrete, cork, stone

glorious lamps=sun ,stars

dehyrated calcified = bones, trees

heavenward to deeply= outer space, space

also...

cellular invertion= phone or grout

similar to floor covering= concrete, cork, stone

glorious lamps=sun ,stars

dehyrated calcified = bones, trees

heavenward to deeply= outer space, space

also...

only one of the cellular invention is the correct interpretation and will throw in that calcified remain = bone

cellular invertion= grout

okkie......

nope, the other one.

closed orb=not repeated,

about chess= moves

heavenward=upward

in the barricade=caught, stopped

deeply inhale=gasp, breathe

researcher is not nessary=known

this particular instance= now

And..

sorry Jkb, none of those. gonna say this but dont give it much mind until later or the end - half of the interpretation is half right for the heavenward interpretation(s).

A race/runner?

not that Wilson. there is a theme for this list but it is very general.