Why make me something like this?

There's no use in taking a risk?

Just let them try and to contain,

So that it does not happen again.

• Answers 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Youth trying to do something he's not allowed to do, such as rollercoasters or movies?

^

That's what I expect is the exterior "skin" of the riddle, and the riddle is actually a metaphor for something else entirely.

But in case it's not, here's some more guesses: alcohol, sex, driving, skimpy clothes, baby birds

Hm. I think skimpy clothes fits perfectly.

I ask you to let me go,

All I hear is always no.

Hey! Look. Can I try.

No again; Hear my sigh.

Now, trying to think deeper... the highest gears on a manual transmission car? Pinocchio wanting to join the circus so that he can go through a burning circle, which promptly kills him? Okay, that's not deeper, that's just silly.

I wonder if "sigh" is a metaphor for some sort of wind... maybe ocean breeze, and the answer is either surfing high waves, or venturing out into the ocean, sailing

EDIT: I'm rereading Poe's Raven, and I just realized the entire thing can be counted 1, 2, 3... 8. I don't understand the difference between time signatures such as 4/4 and 4/8, but I do know that whatever Raven is in, it's a pretty typical rock beat... and yet it kicks so much more a** than 99% of other songs and poems out there. It's weird... I hope I get to study it, and other like poems, one day in some English class (I can't wait for college!)

Edited by DarthNoob

Youth trying to do something he's not allowed to do, such as rollercoasters or movies?

^

That's what I expect is the exterior "skin" of the riddle, and the riddle is actually a metaphor for something else entirely.

But in case it's not, here's some more guesses: alcohol, sex, driving, skimpy clothes, baby birds

Hm. I think skimpy clothes fits perfectly.

I ask you to let me go,

All I hear is always no.

Hey! Look. Can I try.

No again; Hear my sigh.

Now, trying to think deeper... the highest gears on a manual transmission car? Pinocchio wanting to join the circus so that he can go through a burning circle, which promptly kills him? Okay, that's not deeper, that's just silly.

I wonder if "sigh" is a metaphor for some sort of wind... maybe ocean breeze, and the answer is either surfing high waves, or venturing out into the ocean, sailing

EDIT: I'm rereading Poe's Raven, and I just realized the entire thing can be counted 1, 2, 3... 8. I don't understand the difference between time signatures such as 4/4 and 4/8, but I do know that whatever Raven is in, it's a pretty typical rock beat... and yet it kicks so much more a** than 99% of other songs and poems out there. It's weird... I hope I get to study it, and other like poems, one day in some English class (I can't wait for college!)

Wow DN, have I had this riddle you this LONG.....great job of analizing....but it is not what I am looking for.

Raven is a trip....I love it. But I would have loved to had a 1on1 with "Poe"...what a mind he had.

sounds like you are referring to the ridiculous amount of safety gear and precautions for kids these days...I remeber when i was a kid my dad's truck didn't even have seatbelts ... and Jarts, those were the coolest

thumbsup.gif

dD....not what I am looking for.

But you and DN is on the right track of thinking, just head a little deeper in the well.

Ooooooooh. I just realized cuss words aren't allowed (that's the second time I've seen that -1 thing on one of my posts). Well, I find that kind of irritating... I'm not used to such inane restrictions. Especially one forums. Oh well.

I ask you to let me go,

All I hear is always no.

Hey! Look. Can I try.

No again; Hear my sigh.

Why make me something like this? - I keep wanting to think that this line means the speaker was constructed, rather than the speaker was given something

Obvious guess that I forgot: Pandora?

Hey there dD...I was tell DN his thinking towards line #5 was correct.

Not his guess of Pandora, so you reference to a labrynth is getting

slightly off on the wrong track...Sry didn't mean to confuss anyne.

But that was a great guess, Maybe I should do a riddle along that

line soon...thumbsup.gif

I ask you to let me go,

All I hear is always no.

Hey! Look. Can I try.

No again; Hear my sigh.

Yo-yo? Microphone? Paper airplane? Balloon?

kid wanting to ride his new bike but the dad wants to put the training wheels on first??

or some other similar xmas toy situation laugh.gif

You have got the idea....Great.

But not an explanation do I wait.tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I ask you to let me go,

All I hear is always no.

Hey! Look. Can I try.

No again; Hear my sigh.

Yo-yo? Microphone? Paper airplane? Balloon?

DN....forget the nouns....laugh.gif I could see where

you might find that similarity. But no.

Great job of ...the right track.

But not the right guesses....

Weren't dyalDragon's guesses nouns also?

O.o

Well, maybe my initial guess about it involving youths was correct... how about just growing up and leaving the house?

Impatience, etc., are things. They're nouns. They're not verbs. They're not adjectives or adverbs, though they can be changed into adjectives (impatient) or adverbs (impatiently). They're not prepositions... and that's all the types of words I remember.

You can look up impatience in an online dictionary if you want proof

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Independence?

Hey DN. I didnt mean to say you were incorrect. And I did look it up as you were writing your response.

It is considered a noun. Sorry bout that. Didnt mean to confuss you, like I did my self.

And great guess, but not it.

refuse, deny, restrict

blush.gif i was thinking of nouns as people, places and things i suppose, didn't really associate concepts or emotions with nouns at the time... I blame the cold medicine thumbsup.gif

I was to dD...and I have NO medicine....tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Your sill on the right tract, but not the word I am looking for.

It is a very popular word now days....