KameOver added an answer to a question
KameOver added a question in New Logic/Math PuzzlesA man was found murdered one Sunday morning.
His wife immediately called the police.
The police questioned the wife and staff and was given these alibis:
The Wife said she was in bed reading a book.
The Cook claimed she cooking breakfast.
The Gardener claimed he was planting seeds.
The Maid claimed she was getting the mail.
The Butler claimed he polishing the silver.
Who did it?
- 9 replies
- 138 views
KameOver added a question in New Logic/Math Puzzles
KameOver added a question in New Logic/Math PuzzlesTo solve the puzzle, think of a single word that goes with each to form a compound word. For example, if the given words are volley, field, and bearing, then the answer would be ball, because the word ball can be added to each of the other words to form volleyball, ballfield, and ball bearing.
- 10 replies
- 290 views
KameOver added a question in New Logic/Math PuzzlesThe four people in this puzzle all competed in different classes of dog agility at a recent competition. The competitions all required the dogs to run over jumps, through tunnels and various other obstacles in the quickest time possible. Each had a different result - one came first, one third, one fourth and one ninth. All four dogs were each of a different breed.
1. If Tiff finished first then Terry finished fourth.
2. If Terry finished fourth then Jago is a collie otherwise Jago is not a collie.
3. If Jane competed in the Senior class then she finished third.
4. If Jane competed in Novice then she finished fourth.
5. The dog that finished ninth was an alsatian. This was either Jago, in which case Jago competed in the Elementary class, or this was Kelly, in which case Terry handled Kelly.
6. Mark won Starters.
7. If Mark's dog is called Patti then Patti is a labrador otherwise Patti is a collie.
8. Ruth's dog is called Jago.
9. If Jago finished fourth then she competed in the Novice class otherwise she competed in the Senior class.
10. If Patti finished first then Terry's dog is an alsatian otherwise Terry's dog is a collie.
11. If Jane's dog is a doberman then Jane finished fourth otherwise Jane finished third.
Can you work out who handled which dog, at what level each competed, the place each finished in and the breed of each dog?
Here is some help to keep up with all the categories:
Handler's Names: Jane, Mark, Ruth and Terry
Dog's Names: Tiff, Patti, Jago and Kelly
Breed: Alsatian, Collie, Labrador and Doberman
Level: Starters, Elementary, Novice or Senior
- 11 replies
- 491 views
KameOver added a question in New Logic/Math PuzzlesCan you determine who painted what and who won? At a recent painting competition, Eileen's rendition of a Monet was not last. Jenny only just managed to avoid last place and came third. The lady who painted a Picaso was very successful and took first place. Ada beat the lady who painted the Van Gogh and the lady who painted the Taylor beat Vera.
- 8 replies
- 319 views