BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. If you were to sit in a fountain of youth, would you get wrinkly because that's what happens when you sit in water for a certain amount of time?
  3. Yesterday
  4. Upon closer inspection...another interpretation ...
  5. CaptainEd has the best answer so far and asked to see my solution so I'll go ahead and PM it, but will leave this open in case anyone else drops in and wants to take a crack.
  6. Last week
  7. oops error! My point #3 is too close to #1. Back in a bit...
  8. Well maybe.....True Love's Kiss?
  9. OK, plasmid, I've squeezed them around a bit, and I'm down to 5 extra crumbs.
  10. I’ll try a little longer, it’s a useful tool for testing out alternatives. I’m impressed with your 5 extras!
  11. Putting coordinates into a spreadsheet and calculating distances sure is a good way of checking your work; now I wish I had thought of doing that! I believe I have a way of doing it with five breadcrumbs aside from the five vertices. Up to you if you'd like to look at it a little longer or if I should go ahead and convert my chicken scratch to an intelligible post when I get a chance.
  12. Excluding straight lines, impossible triangles and non-isosceles triangles, the distribution of all isosceles triangles is as follows ...
  13. Locations, as promised, for pentagon, in the columns labelled x and y.
  14. Hi Liani. No, not a bear. If you wish, you can put your answer in a spoiler box so others will not see. It's the eye icon--top left. Thalia guessed this one, but you're welcome to keep trying. Welcome to Brainden.
  15. All good guesses but no luck so far. I'm editing a word in line 3.
  16. Well, I blew it with the first guess...
  17. I see what you're saying -- if we don't care whether the mouse goes from C to B or from C to D then that would work and you could let the mouse just flip a coin after it reaches C. The OP was phrased sort of ambiguously since I first talked about making the mouse take as many diagonals as possible (in which case that would be fine to do) and later said the specific letter sequence of ACBD (in which case that wouldn't). The only thing I'd say, though, is that if you drop a breadcrumb in region E, it seems like the mouse would go eat the breadcrumb there and then go to either B or D instead of C -- either of those two points would be closer to region E than C is.
  18. Just to get my own mind at peace (square case) ...
  19. A dozen kisses save the one, AND now I see how........
  20. I believe I’ve got an answer, but the precise locations will come later when I can get to Excel on something easier than my phone.
  21. My revised answers sent in previously were not all correct. These should be fine ...
  22. Yep, this gets harder than it looks
  1. Load more activity