BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. The conditions were that God can not lift the stone not shall not.
  3. Last week
  4. Yes... He is right. if machine B worked 5 hours more,it means that it worked 200 hours more to keep up with machine A. i.e. machine A overtook by 200 hours... Each hour both the machines works, machine A overtakes machine B by 5 hours... To overtake by 200 hours machine A has to work (200/5)= 40 hours
  5. Machine A worked 40 hours. 45x = 40(x + 5 ); 45x = 40x +200.; 5x = 200 ;x = 40
  6. Jim56

Factory

Machine A refused to work overtime and only did his 40.
  7. adota

Factory

Machine A and Machine B work in the same factory. Machine A can produce 45 widgets in one hour and Machine B can produce 40 widgets in one hour. During one week, Machine B worked five more hours than Machine A but produced the same number of widgets as Machine A. How many hours did Machine A work that week?
  8. I correct you. You're wrong. 1 + 2 = 3 is not "technically a lie."
  9. i'm not fully sure what you are asking, yes, no object is perfectly identical to another, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily worth less/more. if i have two apples, one shaped like a pear, the other like a cucumber, i still have two apples.
  10. Earlier
  11. Thanks, about what I guessed. I just didn't take the time to follow it to its full conclusion
  12. I've been playing around with puzzle geocaches for awhile, now, on a fb page dedicated to them. Someone asked for help on one that was a logic problem. HEAVEN!!!! Another poster said it sounded like Einstein's riddle, which I'd never heard of. So of course I googled it, and solved it in less than an hour. But one of the listings that came up in the google search was BrainDen. Two puzzles later, I'm hooked. So, what are the reputation points all about?
  13. You've got all of them correct! Kindly tell all Braindenners how you managed that. My explanation to follow after that (if necessary).
  14. @mtngoat @SamSam11
  15. I came up with this answer. pls see attached file. IMG_0012 (2).pdf
  16. @mtngoat ... @flamebirde @Brainden
  17. flamebirde, sorry to have spoiled your fun. I'm new to this site, and didn't notice I had to hit the eye in order to hide my answer. Please forgive a newbie.
  18. exorb

1 + 2 = 4?

| absolute value signs missing - it's all relative.
  19. when comparing apples to bananas . we only know |1| + |2| = |3| absolutely. 1 + 2 = 3 is technically a lie. So what I'm asking, is the answer 4? 1 + 2 = 4 > 1 + 2 = 3 correct me if im wrong. nothing is whole, pure, not rotten, or the same size. We are taught to lie in school. argumentative papers taking quotes out of context to prove a false point right. Should we not be selling 3 as 4? - supersaturated ..
  20. I am not seeing human faces or pyramids. I think Kermit the Frog came from Mars and is playing games with the puppet masters. dare i say the words"pseudo science" on this forum?
  1. Load more activity