BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi plainglazed, welcome to the Den! If you could please use a spoiler....haha :P For some reason your spoiler didn't work, but no worries - that's not the right answer yet. Sorry. Please keep them coming.

fray?______O0h, ooh, maybe frayed/'fraid?

Oooh, I sure do like that. Very clever, sorry to say my answer may not be that clever. But you know what they say - sixth times the charm!..Oh wait, that's not right.. :duh:

Was going to say weed wacker but that kind of edging indeed makes a sound which is the only rationale behind the last two lines working (also was impossible to tie into embroidery in any way I could see). Then thought to go a different direction and thought twisted yarn (as in story) might be a lie but the edging bit (well maybe if the makes no sound is the silent H of hedging, nah, too POWey)? That then led to embellishment which would work in a way with embroidery and maybe even the other lines. Yeah, ok, that's it for guess number six--embellishment?

Was going to say weed wacker but that kind of edging indeed makes a sound which is the only rationale behind the last two lines working (also was impossible to tie into embroidery in any way I could see). Then thought to go a different direction and thought twisted yarn (as in story) might be a lie but the edging bit (well maybe if the makes no sound is the silent H of hedging, nah, too POWey)? That then led to embellishment which would work in a way with embroidery and maybe even the other lines. Yeah, ok, that's it for guess number six--embellishment?

Phew, I'm exhausted now! Will you be very disappointed if I say no? So sorry. I felt like this one was so simple, it's a little early for me to hint but maybe I will try to think one up.

Ok, rather than a straight forward hint I added some more lines. Hopefully this makes things easier. Enjoy!

Twist it firmly, that yarn around.

Edging really makes no sound.

The yarn I speak of, loosely twisted.

Fancywork it makes, really worsted.

Cause to suffer? Quite willingly.

Pain to others brought happily.

Inflict pain, severe and brutal.

Willfully distressing; never futile.

Good luck!