BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Forum Upgrade

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are in a forum, it says on the right hand side how many replies and views each topic has had. It seems like with a new topic the amount of views doesn't show up until much much later. Like right now there is a riddle that has "5 replies" and "0 views" which doesn't really make sense. Am wondering if it is just my computer not refreshing it properly, or if it is a little glitch?

When you are in a forum, it says on the right hand side how many replies and views each topic has had. It seems like with a new topic the amount of views doesn't show up until much much later. Like right now there is a riddle that has "5 replies" and "0 views" which doesn't really make sense. Am wondering if it is just my computer not refreshing it properly, or if it is a little glitch?

Well spotted. For savings, the topic views were updated after 3 hours.

I have just changed it to immediate topic views update. Let's see if there is significant change from my point of view.

Well spotted. For savings, the topic views were updated after 3 hours.

I have just changed it to immediate topic views update. Let's see if there is significant change from my point of view.

Cool. Great. Thank you.

Regarding Reputation,

I have never used the + and - signs at the right hand side of a post. Just now I felt impressed by one of the posts and decided to rate it. Instead of a nice little up in reputation for said individual, I get an error message that says you have reached your rating quota for the day, apparently making my daily allowance zero ratings. I feel like I'm through the looking glass and I just got a restraining order for something I haven't done(See "Alice Through the looking glass"). What's going on?

Everything should be working now:

1. spoilers for old and new posts (including the spoiler button, optional spoiler title etc.)

2. reputation working - max. 100 positive and 100 negative points within 24 hours

3. view new content can be set in "my settings - settings - search" - I prefer to have only threads/posts that I have not read

4. font size and other details can be adjusted later

Hey Rookie,

I tried to PC Magic_Luver today and it said her box was full when it wasn't.

Magic Luver tried to PC me today and it said my box was full when it wasn't

Why is that?

Also, how do the 50 messages get counted? Is it by # of conversations or number of individual messages?

I still have problems with this could it just be betwene me and gmaster?

Everything should be working now:

1. spoilers for old and new posts (including the spoiler button, optional spoiler title etc.)

2. reputation working - max. 100 positive and 100 negative points within 24 hours

3. view new content can be set in "my settings - settings - search" - I prefer to have only threads/posts that I have not read

4. font size and other details can be adjusted later

I seem to still have trouble with the spoiler if I put a title in. I suppose I can just live without a title, just thought I would let you (and others) know it doesn't seem to be working still.

I seem to still have trouble with the spoiler if I put a title in. I suppose I can just live without a title, just thought I would let you (and others) know it doesn't seem to be working still.

add reply - click the spoiler button - enter spoiler title and spoiler text

hidden text

You can investigate this example if you quote this post (eg. not that title is written as 'title').

I changed my picture on my page but it's not showing. When I go to the settings it shows the new picture but it's still the old one on my page

never mind, sorry. After I reloaded it a few times it worked

• 10 months later...

Forum upgraded to 3.1.1. Still working on customization.

Link Sharing

Easily share links from your community to Facebook, Twitter, and more. Great way to drive traffic to your community!

Status Updates

Enhancements to the existing member status system in IP.Board to include the ability to reply and more.

Topic Preview

Preview the first few lines of a topic without loading the entire topic.

View Reputation

Optionally allow your members to see who gave reputation points on their posts.

Twitter Integration

Your members can now link their account with their Twitter account!

Improved Facebook Integration

Further enhance the link between your community and Facebook to drive traffic. Including new Facebook Graph API

Advertising Code Integration: Part 1 and Part 2

Easily place advertising code throughout your community with simple settings in the admin area.

Profile Customizations: Part 1 and Part 2

Allow your members to customize the look and feel of their profile page.

Skin Upgrader

Upgrading your skin between versions of IP.Board just became a lot easier.

Soft Delete Posts and Topics

Rather than actually deleting a post or topic you can now hide it from view to easily restore it later.

Notification System

An easier way to be notified of all the various events that happen in your community. And Improvements

Modification Development Enhancements

Great tools for those that create modifications for IP.Board

Hook System Improvements

Improvements to the IP.Board hook system to make it easier for modification developers to expand the functions in the software.

Search Engine Optimization: Part 1 and Part 2

Allow search engines to better index and rank your community in results.

Search Engine Overhaul

Search engine rebuilt from the ground up introducing more flexibility and power.

Template Merge Tool

Merge skin changes between versions right in the AdminCP.

All new Mobile Skin

Mobile skin for many popular devices to enable easy access to your community.

Automatic Media Embedding

Automatic parsing of YouTube and other media into posts.

Plus many bugs fixed from the 3.0.5 version and performance improvements.

* Improved Facebook and Twitter integration

* Usability improvements in the new skin merge center

* Search Engine Optimization (SEO) improvements

* Admin can now modify each member's notification options when editing the member in the AdminCP

* A new tool to test outbound connections has been added to the support tab. Useful for license, chat, or other connection issue diagnostics.

* Support for Push Notifications via IPS iPhone App

I changed my picture on my page but it's not showing. When I go to the settings it shows the new picture but it's still the old one on my page

Close out of BrainDen and then log back on (you don't have to sign out). I encounter the same problem when I changed my avatar; I tried to refresh the page, that didn't work for me, so I closed the window & logged back in & it did the trick; it should work for you, good luck!

On the iPhone right now- when I wasn't signed In there was a problem. I was looking at a thread and it showed all of in but tw width was a cm and I codnt zoom into see it. Once I signed in, when I was on this Thread it was fines but it was a word riddle so idk if that has anything to to do with it

But I love the new layout for iPhone.