BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Forum Upgrade

Wow, rookie, these conversations are awesome! BB and I have just been testing them out, and they're great! It's like a separate forum for just a select few people. They would be perfect for BTSC forums for playing Mafia...and you don't need any permissions to make them. Not only that, they only take up the space of one message, so you use up little space in your inbox but can still have tons of messages in there! Ok, I think I've said enough...though they are really cool. :D

Oh yeah, go Chrome! :P

Edited by Frost

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm... there's a problem besides the TOP button (yeah... I can press Home but then I have to lift my hand of the mouse :rolleyes: ) anywho... when I go to the "search members posts" and I want to get to a particular post I can't, cause there's no link to it :huh: and when I get a reply notification and I click on the link, it takes me to the OP not to the last post that I didn't read, oh yeah and there's no last unread post link!

I'll look around and then complain some more :P

Me and my multiple personalities are a tough crowd! :lol:

EDIT: Uhhh! I like the EDIT button!!! :D Works super fast!

Edited by andromeda

everything is awesome :D (I tested out the reputation system too and gave every post in this topic +1 hehe)

Anyway, I am only worried about one thing... the other day I went to get the link for topics like Mafia II... and the word "prune" was in the URL. In forums, "pruning" is a polite word for "deletion of old topics"... so I was just checking to make sure you don't have any pruning system enabled accidentally/purposefully. The old riddles and old games may be old, but people still love & read them.

Is there a way you can find out what post give you a reputation?

i have a Reputation of 4 but it says Neutral when does it stop being Neutral?

Yes, I (as admin only) see who gave to whom and who received from whom what reputation points. For instance, 1 member received all 70 points from just another member in 1 mafia thread.

Reputation levels:

Bad -20

Poor -10

Neutral 0

Good 10

Excellent 20

everything is awesome :D (I tested out the reputation system too and gave every post in this topic +1 hehe)

Anyway, I am only worried about one thing... the other day I went to get the link for topics like Mafia II... and the word "prune" was in the URL. In forums, "pruning" is a polite word for "deletion of old topics"... so I was just checking to make sure you don't have any pruning system enabled accidentally/purposefully. The old riddles and old games may be old, but people still love & read them.

The reputation will work only if members use it appropriately.

I checked Mafia II thread and I could not find "prune" - where exactly did you see it? I do not intend to prune any threads.

go to Games and click [Last >>] which should take you to page 9 with the following URL:

http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?/forum/30-games/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__240

"prune_day_100" looked sinister to me so I was just making sure :)

Also, regarding the reputation, I did not ask him to do that lol

go to Games and click [Last >>] which should take you to page 9 with the following URL:

http://brainden.com/forum/index.php?/forum/30-games/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__240

"prune_day_100" looked sinister to me so I was just making sure :)

I see what you mean now. However, I confirm that no threads will be pruned.

Rookie, just wondering, is there still something on a person's profile which tells what there current time is?

I have looked but I can't seem to find one..

Lovin it!

Especially the watch/unwatch and spoiler ease - just need to add it in automaitcally for new users smile.gif

BTW - where's the pink banner "Please read before posting" - dropped?

Where's the easy coloured text button please?help.gif

edit - found it

Edited by Lost in space

Great job!! I love the new look and the features, but I can't seem to get the spoilers to work (either while posting or just looking at others' posts.) I'm fairly new to Brainden so it may just be something simple that I am overlooking.

Edit: Naturally, the spoilers started working fine as soon as I posted this... duh.gif

Edited by dyalDragon

Am having trouble with getting the spoiler to go where I want it to go. If I quote something, then want to put in a spoiler after that, I move the cursor to the bottom, yet the spoiler still goes to the very top. I guess it doesn't really matter, it still works. I just used to be able to put the cursor wherever I wanted the spoiler to be.

Am having trouble with getting the spoiler to go where I want it to go. If I quote something, then want to put in a spoiler after that, I move the cursor to the bottom, yet the spoiler still goes to the very top. I guess it doesn't really matter, it still works. I just used to be able to put the cursor wherever I wanted the spoiler to be.

it seems to work for me OK

Ok, thank you anyway.

I have another question. It says something about the new "conversations" being searchable, does that mean anyone can find them? Or just the people that are involved in them and perhaps deleted it or something? Just not sure on that. Seems silly to have a conversation with someone, that anyone could look up and find, so that must not be the case. Just wanted to check though. Thanks.

Edited by MrsP

Hey Rookie,

I tried to PC Magic_Luver today and it said her box was full when it wasn't.

Magic Luver tried to PC me today and it said my box was full when it wasn't

Why is that?

Also, how do the 50 messages get counted? Is it by # of conversations or number of individual messages?

Ok, thank you anyway.

I have another question. It says something about the new "conversations" being searchable, does that mean anyone can find them? Or just the people that are involved in them and perhaps deleted it or something? Just not sure on that. Seems silly to have a conversation with someone, that anyone could look up and find, so that must not be the case. Just wanted to check though. Thanks.

You (just like everybody else) can search only conversations in which you are participant - those in your inbox. You can not search other conversations.

Hey Rookie,

I tried to PC Magic_Luver today and it said her box was full when it wasn't.

Magic Luver tried to PC me today and it said my box was full when it wasn't

Why is that?

Also, how do the 50 messages get counted? Is it by # of conversations or number of individual messages?

Try to empty the inbox.

is there a way to deleat only some of the mesages in a conversation

Yes, if you see the delete button.

BTW, archiving feature has already been requested in the new Personal Conversations