BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Bob is walking down the street in the middle of the night, and he starts to get the feeling of being watched. Not just being watched-being followed! He starts to get scared, but then the glowing eyes give it away. It has razor sharp teeth and claws to match, and I really don't think you'd want to get it angry. It's hearing is better than most dogs, and it can see you even if it's pitch black. it can hunt down and kill more than a hundred different species of animals, and worst of all, it's a world conqueror. It has already taken over six of the seven continents! But surprisingly, Bob isn't scared. In fact, he picks it up!!! Is he crazy, or does he know something I haven't told you?

Bob is walking down the street in the middle of the night, and he starts to get the feeling of being watched. Not just being watched-being followed! He starts to get scared, but then the glowing eyes give it away. It has razor sharp teeth and claws to match, and I really don't think you'd want to get it angry. It's hearing is better than most dogs, and it can see you even if it's pitch black. it can hunt down and kill more than a hundred different species of animals, and worst of all, it's a world conqueror. It has already taken over six of the seven continents! But surprisingly, Bob isn't scared. In fact, he picks it up!!! Is he crazy, or does he know something I haven't told you?

is bob one of these? and did he just ask the other one out on date?

is he being watch/followed by his reflection in a mirror?

Man! I was hoping to be the first to post the answer.

Its a cat.

Really..?

Not really a brain teaser if it's just something sort of common sense. I guess the teasing comes from the picture the description tries to paint in the readers head. I was thinking it would be something more symbolic or clever...

oh well.

Really..?

Not really a brain teaser if it's just something sort of common sense. I guess the teasing comes from the picture the description tries to paint in the readers head. I was thinking it would be something more symbolic or clever...

oh well.

Well...I am only "almost sure". We will have to wait for txmom2 to confirm the answer.

I doubt it's a cat. Cats see well but not in the pitch dark. It takes some small amount of light for cats to see.

it might just be a bat. Unusual for Bob to like bats, even odder for him to pick one up, but possible.

What do you say txmom?

Bob might be crazy -- I can't really say. But....

Insect-eating bat!

it could be a grasshopper they have better hearing than dogs (they hear with their legs)also alot of insects have reflective eyes like cats...now how bob would know a grasshopper is following him is beyond but its a possibility

Wow, I almost certainly thught a bat, but they are technically blind and are on every continent in some fashion except antarctica. then I was thinking owl because most ppl wont just ppick up a bat but I did not confirm that they have an appitite for 60 creatures or the extent of their domain

Cat, gosh that is obvious :P

Wow, I almost certainly thught a bat, but they are technically blind and are on every continent in some fashion except antarctica. then I was thinking owl because most ppl wont just ppick up a bat but I did not confirm that they have an appitite for 60 creatures or the extent of their domain

Cat, gosh that is obvious :P

Bats are not blind. They just use sonar. Yes it is a cat. I am kind of having writers block here.

not just any cat, but a fierce man eating lion, or tiger or bear jaguar. But in this case just a kitten. Oh my, so cute.

That is more specific-more along the lines of what I was going for. Want me to tell you what inspiered this?

Why do people think lions are man eaters?

Really..?

oh well.

Well I'm sorry I'm having writers block.

I doubt it's a cat. Cats see well but not in the pitch dark. It takes some small amount of light for cats to see.

it might just be a bat. Unusual for Bob to like bats, even odder for him to pick one up, but possible.

What do you say txmom?

Well bats can't see in the dark ether. They use sonar.

well if you wanna get technical, then the puzzle contradicts itself because a house cat could not hunt over a 100 different species and you cant pick up a lion or any other kind of large cat, unless of course it was a baby. so my answer is the feline :)

:wub:

well the part about the animal taking over six of the seven continents isn't really necessary. I mean, unless it's a penguin I don't think it would be of much importance

well if you wanna get technical, then the puzzle contradicts itself because a house cat could not hunt over a 100 different species and you cant pick up a lion or any other kind of large cat, unless of course it was a baby. so my answer is the feline :)

well, there are hundreds of species of insects, my kitten is always eating them in my backyard. So (getting technical again) really a house cat of any size could possibly eat 100 different species ;)