Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cosmo (universe) politan (many towns, or the like) by definition is a person with no home. Is at home anywhere in the world. Is of the world. SO:

The entire universe is my home. (Everywhere is home to me)

I never stay. I’ll continue to roam. (never stay in one place, roam: self explanatory)

I’m often dressed in pink and black, (pink and black/grey is the traditional "cosmopolitan [like the magazine, trend, etc]" colors)

Bragging loudly about the home I lack. (This is the reference to the story of the Cosmopolite by O'Henry)

Quite often a child’s joy I bring. (Trying to bring the "politan" thought to mind by making you think of neapolitan)

Eating cold and icy things. (The ice cream)

Choosing me is a sign that you (the point in the ice cream is that you don't settle on anything, the spirit of a cosmopolitan)

Would like to roam the universe too.

Forget the ice cream, I felt that was a red herring. What about Cosmopolitan the drink??? It eats cold and icy things, e.g. ice cubes or frosted glass, and brings to me a child's joy when one is put in my hand.

That's how I got it.....and personally, I think it works better.

Posted · Report post

Forget the ice cream, I felt that was a red herring. What about Cosmopolitan the drink??? It eats cold and icy things, e.g. ice cubes or frosted glass, and brings to me a child's joy when one is put in my hand.

That's how I got it.....and personally, I think it works better.

Oooooh! Thank you. You don't mind if I use your idea about this for my riddle and make it my own? I completely forgot about the drink. I always do. Never had one. I should try one next time I go out.

But I do need your written permission to use your idea when rewriting this riddle to say that perfectly. : )

Posted · Report post

Oooooh! Thank you. You don't mind if I use your idea about this for my riddle and make it my own? I completely forgot about the drink. I always do. Never had one. I should try one next time I go out.

But I do need your written permission to use your idea when rewriting this riddle to say that perfectly. : )

Be my guest. And yes, you should try one (assuming you are of age). They are very popular, not strong, and pretty sweet.

Posted · Report post

Be my guest. And yes, you should try one (assuming you are of age). They are very popular, not strong, and pretty sweet.

Of course I am of age!!(25) : ) The other day, I had my first real "foofooy" drink. It was so good. But one was about all I could handle, it was SWEET!!!! : )