BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

closing shop

Question

Ok boys and girls, for all of you still up and running, here's a light one for good night

I look forward to the answer in the morning ^_^

In a cave they make me dwell

And strong men learn to keep me well

Though I am source of much delight

They often frown when I take flight

I do say this bit in jest, I feel I serve a mad man best

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

was i harsh bubbles? sorry, not intended :o

try again

I think bubbles just wasn't used to your way of telling people why their answer isn't right (bringing back the parts of your riddle), instead of just saying no. It can be a little intimidating if you aren't prepared for it.

I think bubbles just wasn't used to your way of telling people why their answer isn't right (bringing back the parts of your riddle), instead of just saying no. It can be a little intimidating if you aren't prepared for it.

Oh, you may be right... I can stop that I guess, I just think it helps get to an answer when you know where you are going wrong. And just saying no, without the why not, is not all that helpful. I also don't like when the riddle maker says - that's not what I'm thinking - the point is that you give a solution that cracks the riddle not guess what I'm thinking. My challenge is to create a riddle that cannot be cracked fully unless you reach my answer. It's all a game, not a UN forum, but this makes it more interactive? You also get the positive like when you guessed Ring, I could just say NO, but feel I should tell you that's a great answer and why I am not taking it.

Hm.

Still, I can offer to give the why not, only if asked at the start of riddle.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'll figure it out for future riddles.

Oh, you may be right... I can stop that I guess, I just think it helps get to an answer when you know where you are going wrong. And just saying no, without the why not, is not all that helpful. I also don't like when the riddle maker says - that's not what I'm thinking - the point is that you give a solution that cracks the riddle not guess what I'm thinking. My challenge is to create a riddle that cannot be cracked fully unless you reach my answer. It's all a game, not a UN forum, but this makes it more interactive? You also get the positive like when you guessed Ring, I could just say NO, but feel I should tell you that's a great answer and why I am not taking it.

Hm.

Still, I can offer to give the why not, only if asked at the start of riddle.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'll figure it out for future riddles.

Hey, along your thoughts...

You're right...people want to know if they're warm or cold, or if they're thinking in the right direction. But, for the most part, we usually know why it's not right before you even say it isn't. Mostly we're just throwing it out there and thinking out loud. I don't know what a UN forum is, but also, yes in the rules it does state that there is always the possibility of more than one answer for a riddle and for the maker to recognize this possibility in case one might fit better. It is still the prime goal, whatever the case, though, to figure out the answer the maker had originally intended.

By the way, the master of riddles is Shakeepuddn, in case you didn't notice last night. He's the one I always aspire to be in riddle making. You might like to look back at his riddles. His are VERY exact, and clever. My favorite is the "Digsby Digs" one not too long ago.

Tata till your morning. : )

Hey, along your thoughts...

You're right...people want to know if they're warm or cold, or if they're thinking in the right direction. But, for the most part, we usually know why it's not right before you even say it isn't. Mostly we're just throwing it out there and thinking out loud. I don't know what a UN forum is, but also, yes in the rules it does state that there is always the possibility of more than one answer for a riddle and for the maker to recognize this possibility in case one might fit better. It is still the prime goal, whatever the case, though, to figure out the answer the maker had originally intended.

By the way, the master of riddles is Shakeepuddn, in case you didn't notice last night. He's the one I always aspire to be in riddle making. You might like to look back at his riddles. His are VERY exact, and clever. My favorite is the "Digsby Digs" one not too long ago.

Tata till your morning. : )

I think you should aspire to develop your own style of riddle making. I am sure the master riddler is great and I can never hope to make riddles like his. :) What I hope to do is make riddles that are my own, in every sense. I make them tough on me, accepting a solution if it cracks it but striving to make riddles with only one possible solution. I would like them to be clever but not in a way someone might be intimidated because they've read less or had fewer experiences but rather riddles that place us on a equal footing (as much as possible) and bring you to a solution that a girl of 15 or woman of 40 might get.

I will look at more riddle makers at this forum, I am still very new here (not yet two days). I have time because I have flu and am doing work from bed. I have never made a riddle before making one for this, but have always liked solving them.

So have patience with me Lotus. And I hope you grow to like my style :)